Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1990(G) Volvo 240 Estate Turbo LOTS of custom Parts - Cambs

Views : 8045

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 14th, 2013, 17:11   #1
Hudzoyne

Default 1990(G) Volvo 240 Estate Turbo LOTS of custom Parts - Cambs

Well I have decided to persue something 6 or 8 cylindered again as I miss the sound even though this thing sounds like a jet!

So here is something a bit different for sale! A 245 Estate Turbo. I have had a LOT of custom parts made for this and it is very very well specced

MOT: Mid December 2013
TAX: December 2013
Miles: 160,000 on shell, 96,000 on engine
History: Quite a lot, didnt keep receipts for everything. 2 keys

Engine
- B200FT from a 1994 940 wentworth that had only covered 96,000 miles. It is a silent engine no rattling or odd noises! Running on LH2.4 Management. Making about 250 wheel HP
- 15g turbo from an 850 T5, Flat flange housing with a 2.5" V band welded on to match downpipe
- 2.5" vbanded titanium heat wrapped downpipe then 3" back stainless under axle, wideband lambda bung welded in after downpipe for when I mapped it.
- Ported 90+ exhaust manifold
- Huge front mount 3" intercooler(nice and stealth, cant be seen unless you take the grille out)
- 16 row oil cooler, again hidden behind the grille
- Pipercross airfilter
- Recirc blanking plate
- Manual Boost controller running 15psi, its quick!
- Hockey puck engine mounts so there is SOME vibration but nothing unbareable, does make the power delivery much more instant and nicer to drive though.

Drivetrain
- M47 volvo 240 gearbox so proper 5 speed not 4 with overdrive like some, filled with redline heavy shock oil so will take plenty of power and is silent. Could do with some shifter bushes if I was being picky
- Sachs turbo clutch(£178) that has only covered 2000 miles

Suspension
- Brand new track rod ends, track rods and bottom ball joints fitted last weekend all quality parts have tightened it up lovely.
- Custom GAZ 32 point adjustable shock absorbers all round fitted only 3 weeks ago
- Custom wound classic swede rear springs
- Custom made aluminium rear torque rods - Retro Turbo
- Custom made front coilovers with 450lb front springs
- Fully polybushed with powerflex's new black range(The first volvo 240 customer!) There is not 1 original bush left in the car
- Double rear anti roll bars
- boxed and strengthened front and rear suspension arms
- This suspension setup is UNREAL, you will fall out of the seat and lose your stomach well before the tyres even squeal(and it had nangkangs on!!)
- Fast road alignment
- Welded diff, easily changed if you dont like it

Interior
- Wooden nardi steering wheel not included, standard will be refitted.
- Rear seats and some trim removed. I do still have the seats and seat belts if you want them, the other trim can very easily be acquired from a banger racer or a breaker
- All in the front is completely original and in good condition
- Electric windows, central locking, power steering all working and good condition

Exterior
- Not on the jeep steels in the photos, will come on 15" volvo steels with good tyres but can include the jeep steels and adapters for the right price!
- Bodywork is good but is not a show car, there are a few dents and the rear arches are rusty under the mud flaps but lets face it, thats now what you are buying here. You are buying an absolute weapon of a volvo. Easy as pie to mint up if you need to.
- All trim intact.
- Rear tailpipe looks standard but is welded on the outer radius of the bend on the downturned 3" tip. Looks stock for the sleeper effect but sounds like a jet under boost!!

As you can see I have put some serious time, money and development into this volvo. A RHD turbo volvo is a rare thing in the UK let alone an estate with this much suspension development and custom parts.
I am asking £2500ono. I may take a part ex/swap on something with some power and RWD but ideally looking at 6 and 8 cylinders turbo power is even better . No E36 BMWs though.

07964962146 - Text only during the day as I am working. Calls are fine after 7pm. Located in March - Cambridgeshire

tow bar now removed(looked rubbish)

Last edited by Hudzoyne; Aug 14th, 2013 at 17:22.
Hudzoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hudzoyne For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 17:53   #2
lixah
Master Member

damn, that thing looks super nice!

I know its not financially on par with yours, but if you're interested in a solid 760 turbo + some cash maybe for swap. let me know.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=179254

-Matt
lixah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 18:31   #3
Hudzoyne

Sorry mate im really looking for something with a 6 or 8 pot I miss the sound
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 18:34   #4
Fridazadilak
Low & Lazy

How did you find the M47 with that much power? I'm starting to play with the boost on mine and was wary of goings that high.

Good luck with the sale, looks sweet!
Fridazadilak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 18:35   #5
Hudzoyne

Absolutely fine. Whilst building this I found there is FAAAAAAR too much scaremongering on the internet about the strength of boxes etc. Run it on redline heavy shock and ive got no doubt it would be fine with 300whp+ its all about how you drive it.
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 18:59   #6
Fridazadilak
Low & Lazy

Awesome, although I'll still keep an M90 on the to do list! Have your had it on a rolling road yet?

Those wheels look nuts!
Fridazadilak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 20:00   #7
Hudzoyne

Ive got all the m90 bits beside a 240 prop if your keen
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 20:58   #8
SteveP
300 Maniac

Love it, nicely specced - good luck with the sale! Where'd you get the wheels?
SteveP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 21:44   #9
john h
VOC Member

Smile

Very nice, and good value I'd say.

Could you tell me details of your intercooler please? Do you have a link to the supplier and dimensions?

Thanks

John

john h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 21:48   #10
Hudzoyne

It is from a nissan 200SX S14a kit I had laying around. Its a 3" huge core. They have been proven in 600bhp+ setups.

Same core as this : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAPSPEED-N...item231b1e06a9

To mate it up to the stock intercooler piping from the 940 I just needed 2 90 degree alloy bends and the appropriate silicone joiners.

I will see if I can get a picture with the grille off so you can see how nicely it is hidden.