Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC40 Configurator

Views : 1470

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 3rd, 2018, 21:36   #1
sanjaime
New Member - 2010 XC60 D5

Default XC40 Configurator

Help please -We are trying to configure an XC40 Inscription Pro on the Volvo UK site and have a query regarding the Parking Assist feature.

Is Parking Assist only available with the Xenium Pack ?

The problem is that the Parking Assist Pilot feature is only mentioned in the Xenium pack along with the Parking Camera 360* Surround View and the Power Glass Tilt and Slide Sunroof.

We do not really want the Sunroof but there does not appear to be an option to specify only the Parking Assist Pilot and the Parking Camera Surround View.

Can Parking Assist Pilot be configured without a Sunroof on an XC40 ?
sanjaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2018, 08:56   #2
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaime View Post
Help please -We are trying to configure an XC40 Inscription Pro on the Volvo UK site and have a query regarding the Parking Assist feature.

The problem is that the Parking Assist Pilot feature is only mentioned in the Xenium pack along with the Parking Camera 360* Surround View and the Power Glass Tilt and Slide Sunroof.

We do not really want the Sunroof but there does not appear to be an option to specify only the Parking Assist Pilot and the Parking Camera Surround View.

It doesn’t look like you can specify Park Assist on it’s own.

Are you sure that you want it though? There are several members on the Forum who have it on their SPA vehicles and have used it once or twice and decided that it’s too slow to use.

Each to their own of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuffolkBoy For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 4th, 2018, 09:05   #3
CoopsSA
Volvo Newbie

I've got Park Assist on my current BMW - never used it.

Granted it only does parallel parking but (a) can't remember the last time I needed to parallel park and (b) if the space is big enough I can do it quicker myself. By the time you've remembered you have PA, you've either got a queue of people behind you or you have driven past the space. Plus do you really need PA to park in a car park? If you do, you perhaps need to question your driving abilities IMO. The XC40 isn't a massive car is it but the choice is yours I guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to CoopsSA For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 4th, 2018, 12:10   #4
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaime View Post

As a recent owner of a MY19 XC60, my new car came complete with almost every option box ticked including Parking Assist.
I can honestly say that in the 3 months of ownership I have only used it 4 times ......which was all to test it out in the initial weeks and have never used it since. IMHO as long as you have rear & front parking sensors plus the rear camera I would not pay extra for Park Assist.
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 14:59   #5
TruckbusUK
Petrolhead+Lots of Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopsSA View Post
I've got Park Assist on my current BMW - never used it.

Plus do you really need PA to park in a car park? If you do, you perhaps need to question your driving abilities IMO. The XC40 isn't a massive car is it but the choice is yours I guess.
Very narrow minded of you CoopsSA, but then again I assume you do not have any form of disability nor impairment.
This type of feature is not just to aid parking for able bodied owners nor those lacking in confidence, but also aids people who have mobility problems, for example, someone who has MS, while they are likely, quite able to can park the car quite successfully on their own, the assistance given by this option removes the stress of the ever present "get on with it" brigade who for some reason believe 20 seconds seems to be a lifetime to wait.

My point is ability is not really why the function is there, its also a convenience and in some cases a stress buster! ... but as you say each to his own, I just hope you never need something to help you later in life that puts in doubt your own prowess and ability!
TruckbusUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2019, 10:26   #6
Kwaker600

I'd recommend test driving one first, demo car had it and I didn't like it or trust it.
Tried reverse park into a bay at work, gave up after 4 attempts kept telling me to drive forward. When I finally got it to agree we should reverse in we were on a collision course with a pole.
A lot of the packs were conditional as recall, very frustrating £750 extra needs another pack @£1300 😣
That said its a fantastic car, loving my first Volvo 😁
Kwaker600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2019, 18:20   #7
sanjaime
New Member - 2010 XC60 D5

We are still playing with the XC40 configurator to specify our ideal new car.
As mentioned having sat in most models the preference is for the R Design leather seats.
However for a more comfortable ride option the choice is to also go for the 4 corner adaptive dampers, which removes the sports suspension on the R Design models.

Can any current owner comment on their experience with having the 4 corner suspension on an XC40, which was possibly the only feature missing on the First Edition models ?
sanjaime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parking assist, sunroof, xc40, xc40 configurator