Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 RTI/Speed Cameras.

Views : 47144

Replies : 136

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 24th, 2013, 19:36   #131
litigator

I'm having the same problem - majorly frustrated. I've tried the camera downloads from scdb, speedcamupdate and pocketgps and I've tried on three different usb sticks. Every time Sensus recognises the USB stick label but I can't get any further than that screen, ie it won't display the files on the stick, no matter what I do. The car's under warranty so I don't see why the dealer can't be made to sort it out - and if they think it's user error, to prove it! If anyone finds a solution, I'll buy you a pint.
litigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 15:29   #132
ianarc

I downloaded the PocketGPSWorld speed cameras yesterday using the Other - GPX format, unzipped the files into a folder on a USB stick and imported them into the sat nav on my V60 without problems. I selected the USB stick, then the folder, then the individual files.

The USB is formatted as FAT and I downloaded and unzipped the files on a Mac.
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 19:37   #133
Alan45

Quote:
Originally Posted by litigator View Post
I'm having the same problem - majorly frustrated. I've tried the camera downloads from scdb, speedcamupdate and pocketgps and I've tried on three different usb sticks. Every time Sensus recognises the USB stick label but I can't get any further than that screen, ie it won't display the files on the stick, no matter what I do. The car's under warranty so I don't see why the dealer can't be made to sort it out - and if they think it's user error, to prove it! If anyone finds a solution, I'll buy you a pint.

Me too. That's 3 hours of my life gone that I will never get back. I also can't progress beyond RTI recognising the USB stick. Turning the bezel makes no difference. It will play music files on the stick though. I also tried to import files from disc but it just shuts down the system! I'm in a MY12 V60 - software version 0A00. If you report this to the dealer, please keep us informed of developments. Thanks.
Alan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 13:44   #134
keithmcc

Smile POIs for SENSUS SAT_NAV

I wasted so much time searching for conversions and other software, then found the solution. I have a MY2012 XC70 with latest updates to Sensus v3.

Now Success. Couldn't be easier actually, but takes a little time to load the car.

1. Join Pocket GPS World web site;
2. click on the Speed Camera download icon;
3. in the "choose type of sat-nav", from the drop-down list,
select "Other GPX", [not Garmin or tomtom or CSV or anything else];
4. select which speed-camera file you want (one file at a time)
5. press "Download" to load the .zip file to your computer
6. Now, on your computer, run the saved .zip file and select "extract all" files straight to your USB stick.
7. take USB stick to the car and insert into the usb-port;
8. start the SatNav system in car and select import POIs
9. it recognises the USB stick immediately by label - just select with OK
10. Now the whole list of each individual camera file appears. Unfortunately they have to be loaded singly, one at a time, but the on-screen prompts are clear.

When finished the camera positions appear automatically on the map.

Job Done.

(Thereafter there is also the facility to edit/delete one at a time or Delete All, if you wish)
keithmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2014, 15:50   #135
londor

This is an old thread but I've just read it and if anyone is still having problems getting further than the screen where the USB stick is recognised the solution is to use a USB stick that is less than 1GB in size. Because finding one of those nowadays is pretty much impossible the easiest is to just create a partition of 512MB or so on any USB stick you have and put the files on this partition. The car will recognise both partitions and when selecting the one that is less than 1GB it will show its contents and let you import the files.

I have no idea why this is happening as I only encountered this problem after doing the last map upgrade a couple of months ago. I had never had a problem using bigger USB sticks until this time. And this only happens when adding POIs as I can still use bigger sticks for music and the car reads their contents without any issues. Weird.
londor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to londor For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 23rd, 2021, 00:00   #136
ECx

Default Speed camera alerts gone!

I have 2021 XC60 hybrid T6 and Google maps but no speed camera alerts. How can I be notified of upcoming speed cameras when I’m driving?
ECx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2021, 08:49   #137
Easington
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECx View Post
I have 2021 XC60 hybrid T6 and Google maps but no speed camera alerts. How can I be notified of upcoming speed cameras when I’m driving?
Mine is an older model (2016) and not Google but I have an option in the satnav settings for these alerts