Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bought V60 D6 Hybrid

Views : 19171

Replies : 86

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 9th, 2018, 14:06   #81
steadvex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrees View Post
So RTTI was only introduced in MY18 :-( , but its available as an accessory upgrade for MY15 to MY17 :-). Getting it done on Monday. 8-)
Could you let us know how it gets on?

My internet connectivity has completely stopped working since I added it to mine. TMC still works but loosing internet connectivity is a bit of a pain. I also don't have the option to use RTTI in the satnav menu.

I have an MY2014 mind.

I do wish Volvo made it easy to see what changes are made in software versions, one of the pleasant surprises is that mine never ordered the radio or tv stations alphabetically, now they are! always bugged me before.

For me so far the best addon to the car was the remote pre-conditioning unplugged software, bit expensive but its something I use surprisingly often and consider the cost worth it!
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25th, 2018, 12:32   #82
100brian

Hi.
Thinking of getting the v60 hybrid which is the best spec
Model want one with all extras.
Thanks
100brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2019, 10:53   #83
IRL V60 D6

Hi everyone.

D6 owner but new forum member. My intro and some mpg info on this thread:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=290419
IRL V60 D6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2019, 19:18   #84
chisenac

Default V60 twin engine opinion and battery reliability

Hi,

I'm going to buy a Volvo V60 twing engine in a coupple of months. Actually the car has aroud 70.000 miles, it's a 2014.
I would like to know from other owners what could real be the life time of the battery.
Actually I even got a Toyota Yaris with 100.000 miles and never had one single problem, I was told by a frind that Toyota battery lifetime is around 150.000 mileas.

Appreciated every each information since I'll be new on Volvo.....

Christian
chisenac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2019, 22:39   #85
Foxwhelp

Default V60 phev - possible repairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb5 View Post
Welcome to the Hybrid club as noted there are not many of us. I am sure you will not be disappointed. I have done almost 30,000 miles now so any questions I am more than happy to help out.
Hi, I have just put The deposit down on a Volvo V 60 D6 twin engine, 64 reg. I collect next week. Can I ask what you think the main repairs might be?

Scrawling through the forums, it looks like the Aircon, and the ISG are most likely to be problematic, I have the option of getting a three year warranty also, if this covers the aforementioned I think it will be worth paying for. Any feedback appreciated, thanks
Foxwhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2020, 23:02   #86
D6PHEV

Sorry to resurrect an old thread lads, but my Sensus/Internet appears to be goosed.
I’ve a 2014 D6 SE LUX.
I’ve always used TuneIn, but disappeared about 2 weeks ago.
There were always 3 apps...TuneIn, Local Search, and something from Here.com. The only one that’s still there is Local Search.
Have also noticed that if I go to web browser and type in Google or whatever, it appears to do a bit of thinking, but comes up with a blank page and the address bar is also blank.

The car was in for a service on Monday, and the dealer said those apps are no longer supported so have been removed. That doesn’t explain the web browser not working though.
The Sensus is pretty much useless at this stage.

Any ideas?
D6PHEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2022, 22:52   #87
kaska

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselElectric View Post

One, rather ironic, important tip:
If you are using the VOC app to set the times your car charges up, e.g. to use off-peak power, turn it off before you go away on holidays. In less than a week, I've twice come back to a completely flat 12V battery.

The dealer contacted Volvo and found out that when the timer is set, the car frequently wakes up the entire 12V system to check if it's time to charge the main battery. After a few days this is enough to drain the 12V battery so much that finally the alarm goes off and flattens it completely. You then have to use the the mechanical key to get into the car which is not fun if the passenger door is quite close to a wall.

Turning off the timer while you're away seems to solve it. My dealer has told me a software fix is "on the way" but at least the work-around helps.

DE.

Just wanted to say thank you...

I've had a drain several times while having the car parked in my garage.
I thought my 12v battery was dead, but it turns out I have something draining it, because after a new one, today it did the same after resting still for around 48hours.
It has to bee the VoC, the symptoms are exactly the same, something drains it until the alarm pops and drains the rest, preventing the car to unlock, etc.

My VoC gsm module battery has been dead a while now, but I never thought this system could be the issue. Now, I don't know if it will do the same or not after changing the 4V VoC battery, but there is only one way to find out...
Having to jump start the car or replace the 12v battery on a Monday to go to work, is not the way to go lol

From what I was told at Volvo, all of the softwares were updated so, fingers crossed.

Thank you once again, I hope this is really it.
kaska is offline   Reply With Quote