Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Engine System Service Required and Anti Skid Service Require

Views : 1163

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 8th, 2020, 11:14   #1
Plasticated2002

Default Engine System Service Required and Anti Skid Service Require

Hello, I am not new to the forum but dont post often. I have a 2009 2.4 Active D5 and have recently suffered from the Turbo feed seals failing and the pipe blowing off, I have had a resonator delete hose installed but I have been left with some issues with regards to the above warning messages, initially there was no noticable performance issues.

The codes cleared themselves after a long drive to scotland and back and all seemed well, however I had to gun the engine at one point and when the revs went over 3k the car seemed to go into a limp mode where the car loses power, i dont seem to have any boost and the revs are limited. The gear changes seem a bit off and I need to resort to changing them manually the car will get up to speed on a flat but takes a while to get there however on a hill it's a nightmare. I have read through the forums and came across the yaw sensor and clock spring as potential culprits, should this cause it to go into limp mode or would that be caused by a different problem?

I am waiting on delivery of a Dice tool and will try and pull the codes as soon as I can but does anyone have any ideas at the moment as I do a fair but of travel and am worried that I may get stuck somewhere if things go bang not to mention the ball ache of no power.

I also tried to clear things using the trip rest button and had an 023 code show itself.

Any ideas are welcome until.i can get the dice onto it

Thanks
Plasticated2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2020, 12:55   #2
Dastardly Diesel

Are you sure a hose hasn't blown off again?
Dastardly Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2020, 15:12   #3
Plasticated2002

Hi Dastardly,

Thanks for the suggestion, but no definitely not another hose, completely different symptoms from a hose blowing off.

A quick update the car has sat for a good few hours at work and I have driven it again, no sign of the limp mode it seems to be gone now, but the codes are still there. I had the Yaw sensor out, checked the teminals and it was like new no sign whatsoever of any water ingress anywhere under the carpets.

Got home, with both messages still on the display, stopped the car for a bit and when I turned it over the message was gone.

Just need to wait on my dice coming in the post.

Last edited by Plasticated2002; May 8th, 2020 at 16:09.
Old May 15th, 2020, 16:45   #4
Plasticated2002

Finally have my Dice and have hooked it up, thanks goes to CheshireD5

Quick update for the moment, car has been driving fine for nearly a week, no codes or obvious issues apart from an intermittent Anti-Skid Service Required which is like an old friend now. Once I got the Dice I then tried to generate the fault again by getting the revs up and sure enough at 3000rpm (however this does not always happen at 3000rpm) under a heavy load up comes the Engine System Service Required code and a noticeable change in Power/Shifting for a moment but no limp home mode was activated. Its almost like the error is thrown when the gear shift takes place and whilst under load.

The following codes were found:

CCM-0004 Passenger compartment temperature sensor Signal too high/Signal missing DTC is found active.
CCM-0040 Air quality sensor Internal fault DTC is found active.

DDM-E010 Control module Internal fault DTC is found active.

ECM-135F Mass air flow (MAF) sensor - Signal too high DTC is found active.
ECM-18A0 Swirl actuator control - Offset fault DTC is found active.
ECM-3000 Camshaft position (CMP) sensor - Faulty signal DTC is found not active.
ECM-6661 Glow relay control - Faulty signal DTC is found not active.
ECM-6664 Glow relay control - Faulty signal DTC is found not active.
ECM-6665 Glow relay control - Faulty signal DTC is found not active.

REM-8F12 Position sensor xenon lamp Not calibrated DTC is found active.

TCM-0A31 Control module communication Signal missing from Engine Control Module (ECM)DTC is found active

I am guessing the culprit is one of the ECM or TCM Module codes but is one error causing the rest and if so which one could it be. I want to avoid throwing parts at it just now until I have determined if there is a knock on effect from one issue.

I have checked the Swirl Arm and it is missing and has some oil where it enters the cover.

Do any of you gurus out there have inkling of what is going on?

Tahnks
Old May 16th, 2020, 11:00   #5
FredGraham

Default My Car

Hi plasticated2002
Just FYI, I don't know if this will help or if they're even in the same place. I have a 2006 C70, about 18 months back it started displaying all sorts of error messages and going into limp mode now & again. Turned out to be the CEM connections/plugs/sockets needed a clean up. Got that done and it's been fine since.
Regards
Fred
FredGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 13:52   #6
Plasticated2002

Hi Fred,

Apologies been up to my ears this week I am working 300 miles from home so not having much time to spend on the Car, thanks for the suggestion, i will look into that, It is definitely looking like something to do with the gear shift hence the code TCM-0A31. The shifting just does not seem right at all, and just sometimes whenever I put the foot down and the kickdown happens I go over the 3-3500 revs up comes the light as soon as the shift happens.

I may need to look into replacement of the TCM module. I will pull the plugs when I have some time this week to see if they are in need of a clean and failing that will just replace with a fresh set.

Camshaft position sensor, i will need to check but that could just be a case of a sensor replacement or indeed could be in need of a cambelt change, thats one I will need to check.

Thanks
Old May 20th, 2020, 14:42   #7
S60D5-185
Me ? Surely Not!

Location: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 Geartronic. South of Hadrians Wall.

Read this before doing anything else 👍

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...light=injector

2007 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Geartronic
S60D5-185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2020, 23:27   #8
Plasticated2002

Thanks S60D5-185, I dont have any injector errors as yet, but I take the point with regards to cleaning the connections, I need to spare some time and get in there and do a bit of cleaning of the TCM and associated connectors, as well as the Glow plugs. That will at at least put the issue of dirty connectors to bed and hopefully clear it.

The gear changes are very sporadic though hence why I think its stemming from the TCM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Plasticated2002 For This Useful Post:
Old May 22nd, 2020, 13:34   #9
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Before you even touch a spanner, record the codes, clear them, go for a drive around the block and see what comes back

Many codes are sporadic and mean very little.

It's the ones that come back quickly that mean something
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2020, 09:31   #10
Plasticated2002

Hi Swiss,

Thanks for relying, The codes in the first post are after clearing them twice and then inducing them again by sending the revs over 3-3.5k rpm, after a couple of days the Engine Clears completely and the shifting goes back to normal, the Anti Skid Service comes on and off randomly, it always has.