Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VIDA Errors - Asssitance required

Views : 731

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 12:22   #1
Thekilt

Default VIDA Errors - Asssitance required

Hi All, after tinkering with VIDA a fair bit there are a few codes that are just not disappearing! below is a screen shot of the codes:

The main ones i am concerned about are the following:

CEM-3F02 Clutch pedal sensor faulty signal: It states "Cruise Control does not engage, AQ." Presuming this could be the switch? However I know the pedal doesn’t return all the way to the top, just the last few mm or so and I have noticed when driving if the cruise control doesn’t engage, i just need to tap the pedal up slightly. Could this be the return spring or something worse like clutch cylinder etc?

CEM-4A33 Fuel level sensor Faulty Signal: It states" Trip computer, Distance to empty, fault presentation, GJ; Gauges, fuel level no accurate, Value too high, X6; Gauges, fuel level not accurate, Value too low, XA” This one is quite new and didn’t realise there was an issue with it. Any ideas?

CEM-8A09/12 Low beam right/left faulty signal: This one really bugs me. It states “Headlights, Does not work EY” yet I have tested multiple times and they are all working fine.

Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 9th, 2020, 23:30   #2
PCW8256

Is it worth trying to get a cheap or second hand eBay switch just to see if it changes anything. Alternatively, what about a new pedal?

Are there any adaptation options for your fuel level?

You haven't got fancy LED's or strange bulbs fitted or something?

I wonder if all the weird faults could be a faulty battery or alternator giving some weird rubbish to the ECU.
PCW8256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2020, 09:40   #3
ukojesita

My money would be on a bad connection between the CEM and the rest of the car. For a lot of people cleaning the contacts solved it.
ukojesita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2020, 10:11   #4
Thekilt

i plugged it back in the other day and they havent returned, so hopefully it has resolved itself. it could well be the CEM so i will check around there. I also had the dreaded wet carpets from the windscreen drain so not sure if this had anything to do with the errors. There was however another error which related to child locks or something similar? cant remember the full details. I went for a drive around yesterday dropping things off so i will check it again today to see if there are any errors returning.