Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 T6 2010 - Electric mirrors doesn't work

Views : 904

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 26th, 2020, 21:13   #1
yairw

Default XC60 T6 2010 - Electric mirrors doesn't work

Hello all, I recently bought the vehicle and the power mirrors don't work, also the light on the power mirrors buttons won't turn on when pressed, so I can only guess it's disconnected. where should I start looking?
Many thanks in advance
yairw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2020, 09:56   #2
Baal

Quote:
Originally Posted by yairw View Post
Hello all, I recently bought the vehicle and the power mirrors don't work, also the light on the power mirrors buttons won't turn on when pressed, so I can only guess it's disconnected. where should I start looking?
Many thanks in advance
Check if rear doors lock when you press the lock button on your keyfob, if they don't, then one of the locks has gone bad and needs a replacement.

You can also check My XC60 settings in the Sensus menu.

Last edited by Baal; May 27th, 2020 at 10:00.
Baal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2020, 12:07   #3
yairw

Thanks for your reply, all the other buttons on the car door works, all door locks, power window working fine, with the keyfob everything is locked and unlocked without problem and the trunk opens and closes from the keyfob as well.
Sadly, the original owner installed some navigation program and probably messed with the screen too much and now its rarely works, when it does work, its only to show the reverse camera, and its works 1 out of 10 reverses.

Any other ideas where should I start looking for a solution?
Maybe disassemble the door panel and check if the buttons are even connected?

Thanks in advance
Old May 27th, 2020, 18:23   #4
jasmith44
jasmith44

Are you sure you should have power mirrors,isn't there a separate button for them?

Last edited by jasmith44; May 27th, 2020 at 20:39.
jasmith44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2020, 19:13   #5
Baal

Quote:
Thanks for your reply, all the other buttons on the car door works, all door locks, power window working fine, with the keyfob everything is locked and unlocked without problem and the trunk opens and closes from the keyfob as well.
Sadly, the original owner installed some navigation program and probably messed with the screen too much and now its rarely works, when it does work, its only to show the reverse camera, and its works 1 out of 10 reverses.

Any other ideas where should I start looking for a solution?
Maybe disassemble the door panel and check if the buttons are even connected?

Thanks in advance
Congratulations, you've just solved your problem.

You probably need a new Sensus update.

Also try to press both mirror buttons at the same time to see what happens, meaning left and right.
Old May 27th, 2020, 21:18   #6
yairw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmith44 View Post
Are you sure you should have power mirrors,isn't there a separate button for them?
I have separate buttons for them, but pressing them won't turn their lights on and won't move the mirrors
Old May 27th, 2020, 21:20   #7
yairw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baal View Post
Congratulations, you've just solved your problem.

You probably need a new Sensus update.

Also try to press both mirror buttons at the same time to see what happens, meaning left and right.
I tried pressing both before, nothing happened.
Can you please explain what's a Sensus update and how can I get it? other than the dealer?

Thanks
Old May 27th, 2020, 23:06   #8
Baal

Quote:
I tried pressing both before, nothing happened.
Can you please explain what's a Sensus update and how can I get it? other than the dealer?

Thanks
Well the Sensus is Volvo's infotainment system and all the settings software. Basically it runs everything related to media, headlights, mirrors, DSTC etc in your car.

There's one solution to your problem, find an independent dealer who has Volvo VIDA DiCE diagnostics software, he can probably reflash your car with a fresh copy of Sensus software.
The Following User Says Thank You to Baal For This Useful Post:
Old May 29th, 2020, 11:39   #9
yairw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baal View Post
Well the Sensus is Volvo's infotainment system and all the settings software. Basically it runs everything related to media, headlights, mirrors, DSTC etc in your car.

There's one solution to your problem, find an independent dealer who has Volvo VIDA DiCE diagnostics software, he can probably reflash your car with a fresh copy of Sensus software.
Thanks for the explanation,
The dealers here will probably wouldn't want to touch it, or charge an arm and a leg for it, and for independent dealers, none exist in my area.

Does it have to be VIDA DiCE software, or there's other ones that will do the trick?

I'm asking because my country is a little motorically challenged in regards to finding good reliable mechanics
Old May 29th, 2020, 16:24   #10
Baal

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation,
The dealers here will probably wouldn't want to touch it, or charge an arm and a leg for it, and for independent dealers, none exist in my area.

Does it have to be VIDA DiCE software, or there's other ones that will do the trick?

I'm asking because my country is a little motorically challenged in regards to finding good reliable mechanics
Genuine Vida only there's no other way.