Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

t4 colour

Views : 1767

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 7th, 2020, 06:57   #11
craig12

theres some very sarcastic answers in the volvo forums/community on the car and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, i have the same answer , please go and buy another yellow example then in better condition or a different model or you could buy a beat up mg bgt for £1000 with no engine , or a rusty cavalier , all out there for you to choose and restore , ,
craig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 14:05   #12
LTEcactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig12 View Post
yes it is i now req £500 after researching classic cars with more production numbers in worse condition , if its not sold itll gointo garage , until it reaches a very low number of examples being on the rd (1-5)
It's not really a classic, an 850 T5R is yes, but the S40s are basically worthless.

Honestly mate, it's too far gone without major work, sorry to say but you're better off weighing it in for scrap or breaking it.
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 15:56   #13
Discombobulated
Impressive Member

And there was me sending you a PM thinking you would be interested in buying it!

Good luck with the sale, I really like it and think it’s worth saving but I’m not allowed another Volvo.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 19:30   #14
craig12

basically worthless , ill take the chance and cover it up for some years , not like its life or death is it sir ,its a car and its paid for
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 22:43   #15
CharlesStevenson
Premier Member

Sorry but to me £500 sounds a lot with that to do list - there's parts, labour and the time with the car off the road - and that's assuming nothing else turns up post re-MOT'ing it - that's a big fail list, after all.

AFAIK body rot is not a common issue with this model so I'd have to wonder why after all the previous near clean passes so much was discovered in that last MOT.

It feels you're assuming that because it's yellow it's somehow more valuable than any other particular colour.

In comparison my T4's running quite nicely at the moment - yes, it's got some 'dings' on it's metallic black paintwork, but as regards previous MOT's there's only two advisories (Y672FAU if you're interested), just discoloured side repeaters as of 2019.

Since owning it we've put just over 9k miles on it and it's been a good car for us.

Full disclosure: I purchased it from a member on here with 7 mos MOT (see above) ... for £250.

So that's why I'd not have expected mine to sell for more than £500 and it doesn't require anywhere near the level of work of the one being discussed on here.

If you carry on looking around you'll find something ready to run that's going to require a lot less work, time, money, etc on it.
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 08:57   #16
malteser
Master Member

Quote:
theres some very sarcastic answers in the volvo forums/community on the car and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, i have the same answer , please go and buy another yellow example then in better condition or a different model or you could buy a beat up mg bgt for £1000 with no engine , or a rusty cavalier , all out there for you to choose and restore , ,
So I guess this is the car that I have seen you posting about in every Volvo related forum going???

Thought you said you was selling all your gold and silver to fix it?
You said it wasn't about the money and you'll pay what ever you need to fix it.
When you first bought it and you realised the work you was selling it on. someone offered you what you paid for it and you laughed at him saying that; I'm sure you would who wouldn't.
Then it was up for sale for £500 then up to £800 then back down to £550 then £300 now back up to £500????
Are you serious or just spamming.
I hate to break the news to you...
Its a yellow T4 with two mileage discrepancies, rusted out, not looked after.
Maybe if you locked in a barn for a 100 years it would be worth the 500 as they might find a new species living inside it
malteser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to malteser For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 10th, 2020, 07:02   #17
craig12

i beleive the car may be now sold pending collection tues 11 aug , if that all goes through ill be back on here to confirm

Last edited by craig12; Aug 10th, 2020 at 07:10.
The Following User Says Thank You to craig12 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 10th, 2020, 14:22   #18
CharlesStevenson
Premier Member

Quote:
i beleive the car may be now sold pending collection tues 11 aug , if that all goes through ill be back on here to confirm
If it sells, then congrats, and mention to the new owner about our website as we'd like to keep all T4's alive into the future (until the UK finally bans unleaded, that is!)
Old Aug 19th, 2020, 13:43   #19
craig12

car collected today
The Following User Says Thank You to craig12 For This Useful Post: