Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Thanks and goodbye, but not going far

Views : 6418

Replies : 82

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 5th, 2012, 03:08   #1
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Default Thanks and goodbye, but not going far

Well as I sold the T4 on monday I won't be frequenting the section as much, so I would just like to take the time to thank you for all the help during the ownership of the T4, the help and advice I got on here has saved me time and money....

Although I sold the T4 I went straight out and brought another volvo so come saturday a very nice S40 T5 will be mine :-) , so although I waon't be using this section as much I will now be frequenting the new S40 section..
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 03:55   #2
T4FLY

Look forward to seeing the pics of the T5 and how it comes along
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 15:10   #3
GaryS40
VOC Member

Thumbs up

Good luck with the new motor!

Gary
Mod's so far: Orpheus alloys, 10.1" android multimedia head unit, Nappa leather rebuilt, wood trimmed m/function steering wheel, Polestar blue and black calipers, Pipe Dynamics custom turbo back stainless steel exhaust, with 200 cell sports cat, R engine and injector rail covers, tinted rear windows.
Previous cars:
1982 760 GLE saloon
1989 740 GLE estate
1991 440 S
2003 S40 S - Gone but not forgotten. ☹
16 non Volvos.
GaryS40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 15:24   #4
gatos
Premier Member

Sorry to see you jumping ship Scooby and I hope you enjoy your new T5. I am sure we will see you around from time to time

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 15:49   #5
pphilpot
Premier Member

Let us know how you find the S40 compared with your T4 - build quality, ease of maintenance, comfort etc etc
pphilpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2012, 16:33   #6
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphilpot View Post
Let us know how you find the S40 compared with your T4 - build quality, ease of maintenance, comfort etc etc
I was impressed on the test drive, build quality and comfort seemed very good, the enigine is sooooo smooth you don't get the surge you get with a T4 so I found I didn't realise how fast I was going as it didn't feel as fast as the T4, but its was...

Thats just first impressions but I update once I've lived with it for a bit
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 02:20   #7
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pphilpot View Post
We'll the T5 been a bit of a let down so far, once I picked the car up and drove home, noticed a bad vibration at anything above 60 mph, didn't really get above this speed on the test drive, so called the garage on the monday after collecting on saturday, they gave me the choice of take it back to them to look at or take it to one of the groups garages in glasgow, I stupidily decided to take option 2 and picked the closest garage to my home.

Car went in wed, called wed night to be told damaged wheel & as result they've recommended a new alloy and new tyre and they were awaiting authorisation from the stirling branch (they had requested it on wed afternoon), I rang the stirling branch they advised no problem with authorising it but they may want to see the car themselves advised sales manager had left but I could ring the sales manager in stirling on thursday to get an update.

So called the guy in stirling on thursday to be told he would have no problem authorising it and wouldn't put me to the hassle of taking the car back to them, but that they had not received the request yet.

So I call the glasgow garage on thursday, to be told still waiting for authorisation, I advise that stirling hadn't received request so the chap goes off come back and says the service manager is still pricing parts up!! (even though I'd be told wed night they had faxed authority and were awaiting response before ordering part). So I asked if the authority was back with them later that afternoon how long would it take to get the wheel and tyre, advised tyres were in stock so no problem, but wheel not, so wheel would be ordered thurs and should be in friday, so I left the car with them again on thurs night. Said I would get a call back friday when all sorted.

Phone back the clowns at 12:30 on friday to be told the person dealing with it is on lunch and he'll call be back in 30 mins at most. 3:30pm call the garage back as no phone call back (usual practice if the previous days are anything to go by) to be told still waiting for authority, I tell the clown that, that was done thursday afternoon, goes back to speak to someone comes back and says that they've had authority for the wheel and tyre and are just in the process of ordering the wheel WTF!!! and that it will be tuesday before they get it. So I collect the car and get promised a call on tuesday when the wheel arrives.

So as per normal I have to ring the garage at 4:30pm to find out whats happening, to be told wheel has just that minute arrived and they were just about to call me (I beleive that!). So I book the car it for today (wed at 9am) and as an after thought I ask them to check the tyre's in stock to which I get told why would you need a tyre its just the wheel we've ordered WTF!!!!, so I explain the events of the 3days the car was in the week before to be told drop the car off and we'll check what going to be done in the morning but it jsut says wheel (even though they said on the first day the wheel and tyre would have to be replaced)!!.

The garage in glasgow is/are absolutely appauling, crap customer service, lying to cover mistakes they've done or past fibs they've told customers, and you get a different story everytime you speak to someone, thats when they bother themselves to answer the phone.

The garage in stirling have been great, I called them on tuesday after speaking to the glasgow branch, the Sales Manager from stirling is going to sort it out for me and it will hopefully all be fixed/sorted for the morning.....

So basically all of this has really spoilt me enjoying/driving the T5, I've not used it since the wheel issue was diagnosed as Its motorway most of the way to work and I don't want the risk the vibrations damaging anything alse, I'm really dissappointed as its spoilt the whole new car experience as the first week of ownership has been 3 days in the garage

From the little I've driven it I love the noise of the twin exhaust and the 5 cylinder engine, but it doesn't feel as fast or as edgy/raw as the T4, but hopefully once I get used to the power delivery and atually drive it I'll start enjoying it more.

Got a New grill a few prancing mooses and LED sidelights to fit so will post pictures up then....

For info don't touch the AC vauxhall garage in shawlands with a barge pole!!!

Last edited by scoobysn7x; Jan 18th, 2012 at 03:23.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 13:48   #8
TurboZutek
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
For info don't touch the AC vauxhall garage in shawlands with a barge pole!!!
I've heard sooooo many horror stories about that place!

Chris...
TurboZutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 19:47   #9
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboZutek View Post
I've heard sooooo many horror stories about that place!

Chris...
Well they managed to arse it up again, get the car back last wednesday, due to traffic and working its friday night before I can get the car on the motorway and up to speed and although the vibration isn't as bad its still there!!! FFS!!!

So called the sales guy in striling and he offers to collect the car from my house this morning take it to stirling get it inspected and the problem fixed and return the car to me tonight at 8pm when he finishes work.

Well get a phone call at 4pm to say that the nice people at the AC vauxhall in glasgow had decided not to bother to balance the new alloy (so the stirling branch have balanced it and checked the other wheels) & to put the cherry on the cake the glasgo branch also decided to put the tyre on the wrong way round!!! FFS!!! this is school boy stuff,

I repeat DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO ARNOLD CLARK VAUXHALL IN SHAWLANDS!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 21:56   #10
inchley313
Insane!!

Sounds like they ain't got a clue!! Again, another garage giving the motor trade a bad name!!

'01 V40 2.0 Ph2 141,000mi (lower than the last one)
'98 Honda CR-V 2.0 Auto (as this is the car I'm teaching SWMBO to drive in)
Previous:
'97 V40 2.0CD with 173,000mi on the clock and now sold!!
inchley313 is offline   Reply With Quote