Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S40 t4 twin piston dump valve open at idle. Boost drop.

Views : 5628

Replies : 79

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 11th, 2013, 19:48   #71
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 960kg View Post
I don`t have to prove anything to you or anybody about my motor as they already know what i have done and what you get in terms of power, sadly you don`t know that is why you only state 260bhp....what a real laugh you are....i don`t know why you carry on with the slagging off, i must of hit a very, very inebriated large nerve.

Forum statistics show it all so you are making yourself look a real idiot, you are running out of slagging options as you don`t know who i talk to either and who says things about yourself.....you are up a one way street.

I have an actual 438 thanks as against your 60. Which are not just about boost but the whole X40 in general.

The thing is you aren`t about much so what are members going to do about there problems with boost.....you are making them suffer as now i don`t feel like posting so you are ruining this forum by just slagging for slagging sake.

So just jump back in that bottle and all will be well
what you get in terms of power Classic E-stats right there! Bro-stats are one thing, proof is another

Get it on the dyno you pussycat. Turn the boost up with your MBC to a safe 25psi just for the run to prove your point, because you will need to. HLM map runs 16psi using the BCS (270bhp Max)........ damn I said no more posts, must use more will power not to rise to the Fruitcake.

Stage 5 Saab 9-3 Aero V6 2.8T. 372bhp. 677nm.

Last edited by mitchyboy01; May 11th, 2013 at 20:03.
mitchyboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 23:20   #72
Volvulate

Lmao! Your 65 years old? And your having a typing war? ya mam never tell you to 'just ignore them'? Im tryin to get worthwhile info, I choose mitchy as the previous owner of car has recommended him. So please stop posting (like you said you would do). And mitchy....tell me more. I am a working mechanic and have a full garage at my disposal, just a small two man garage with two ramps, but were busy as fook, and its well established. I want to get this car running sweet and pulling well. What power can I expect from my setup when sorted? With its stage 2 mte, big **** off exhaust all way to back 3" I think, 1.3 bar boost. I thought someone said earlier too that it didnt boost to the full on first n second gear. I got full boost.....or we talking the fuelling? Over fuel slightly?
Volvulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2013, 23:38   #73
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvulate View Post
Lmao! Your 65 years old? And your having a typing war? ya mam never tell you to 'just ignore them'? Im tryin to get worthwhile info, I choose mitchy as the previous owner of car has recommended him. So please stop posting (like you said you would do). And mitchy....tell me more. I am a working mechanic and have a full garage at my disposal, just a small two man garage with two ramps, but were busy as fook, and its well established. I want to get this car running sweet and pulling well. What power can I expect from my setup when sorted? With its stage 2 mte, big **** off exhaust all way to back 3" I think, 1.3 bar boost. I thought someone said earlier too that it didnt boost to the full on first n second gear. I got full boost.....or we talking the fuelling? Over fuel slightly?
Sorry mate at work atm so only a brief reply. If you get the car running 100% (fix boost leak) you can expect 225-240bhp. The generic MTE map you have is from the most reputable mapper of T4's and the best map available for your car at present. Custom map wise atm your only options are unichip or standalone which hit the wallet pretty hard and you lose out on some of the stock safety parameters of the EMS2000, which itself is very powerful unit. Hopefully someone will get access to the phase 1 ECU one day. Phase 2 there is an option for tweaking maps hence why the phase 2 being a better starting point as it stands atm. My car running stock hardware is 237bhp with a slightly tweaked stage 2 map so I wouldn't be surprised if yours could get into the same ballpark. My car is using the stock BCS and actuator. It hits a bar in first and second, 1.35 in 3rd, peaks at 1.45 in 4th and 5th but as said previously at high revs this gradually tails off to 1bar at 6k due to the small turbine housing on the 14T.

Honestly for tuning advice sign up to T5D5 and ask the questions there. This forum is great for maintenance and general fault finding but for tuning it isn't great. Half the guys on T5D5 know far more than me and are only too keen to help. It may take longer to get a response but the response you do get will be spot on!

Last edited by mitchyboy01; May 12th, 2013 at 00:23.
Old May 12th, 2013, 01:04   #74
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

This is my graph. Torque peaks early and tails of due to the nature of the small 14T but gives a huge kick as you can imagine and more power and torque than stock everywhere. With a bigger cooler and exhaust it would no doubt show slightly better peak figures but I'm very happy indeed with how it drives. 80lbft more than stock.

Old May 12th, 2013, 22:35   #75
Volvulate

So when I pumped pressure into intake it hissed out from under inlet manifold. What do you think its likely to be, as im going to do the job in next coiple of days. Thinking it maybe manifold gasket underneath?
Old May 12th, 2013, 22:57   #76
malteser
Master Member

Could be a small hose that is directly under the big intercooler Hose, it went on mine once and it will lose a lot of boost
malteser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:54   #77
Volvulate

Not losing alot of boost, just fades away over 4500rpm
Old May 13th, 2013, 17:45   #78
Volvulate

Didnt locate leak, lookse manifold will have to come off, it seems there are two pipes under manifold, one is a thin one that goes to a nipple of left side of manifold, well it aint that, then another fatter one that goes from intake pipe about two feet down the intake from air filter and maf, and that goes under manifold to a black plastic box (is that evap?). Either that pipe has split, or manifold is leaking.
Old May 13th, 2013, 18:22   #79
Volvulate

Looked it up, I believe its the pcv. Or at least the pipe going to it, and it seems people have issues with boost and these pipes too
Old May 14th, 2013, 22:29   #80
Volvulate

Hello? No-one comment on this pipe, I read somewhere that you should block the pipe going to pcv, then I read elsewhere that you shouldnt as it should pressurise...... Anyway im convinced its the pipd as when I did boost leek test I could feel it on my face coming from that area. Going to have inlet off I think.