Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fattony

Views : 6423

Replies : 76

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 21st, 2013, 01:05   #11
gazO2V40T4
Premier Member

I must also state that I have items from fat tony and I have also met the guy and he is a straight up honest fella I do believe he is very busy at the moment with long shifts at work.

2002 V40 T4
17" Arcadia's ,Boost Gauge ,Forge Dump Valve And Blanking Plate ,Front Upper Strut Brace
gazO2V40T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 01:33   #12
gazO2V40T4
Premier Member

I have just text fat tony and as I suspected he's had some serious family issues and lots of work he's on his way home from work and will be on the forum between 3-4am tonight if you want to chat to him

2002 V40 T4
17" Arcadia's ,Boost Gauge ,Forge Dump Valve And Blanking Plate ,Front Upper Strut Brace
gazO2V40T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gazO2V40T4 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 04:15   #13
fat tony
"Legitimate" Businessman

Good morning people, first of all, i'm sorry for not being in contact, as Gaz said, had a serious family issue to contend with recently, the mother in law had 2 seizures at the back end of last week and spent 6 days on the neuro ward at Hull Royal, during that time, i've been running backwards and forward to hull to take stuff for the wife who never left her mothers side for 6 days, i had 5 12hr night shifts to contend with as well as my other part time job, a house and garage to empty for the in-laws and other jobs for people.

I have not had any time to myself for the last week or more, any times it flagged up that i have been online, the 3rd tab of my homepage group is set to the forum, so any time anyone goes online on my PC, it says i've been online

Work has now finished for me till 10am on boxing day so i have a bit of free time now to sort things out

My PM box is empty now if you want to contact me seperately.

It's easy to slag a member of when things have got a bit stretched for him, but no mention of the free items that have been sent out, the parts that have been send for people to pay for at a later date or the hours spent in scrapyards finding bits for people to help them out.

I'm not out to rip anyone off, i don't set out to make a massive profit on parts i sell, i would rather a member get what they want at a reasonable price and help keep more X40's on the road

And Paul, in relation to this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount vision rider View Post
At least he's safe behind a computer screen for the moment otherwise he might be missing a few teeth by now!!!!
I'm already missing a few:

I regard to your brackets, i honestly forgot about them, they will be posted out first class recorded on monday morning, not bothered about the money so will refund it in paypal when they're in the post

I'm of to bed for a few hours now and will reply to PM's from around 10am when i get out of bed

Ex-Junior Vice-President of the X40 In Dash Cup Holder Owners Club
fat tony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to fat tony For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 04:40   #14
Dog_Book
Idiot

Was about to say.... Months ago was very helpful in sorting a pipe out for me. It was clear he was busy even back then so took a bit longer to get replys but he did rescue the ac on my car for a very small amount of money I'd use him again

Busy pestering the poor sods here now
Dog_Book is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog_Book For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 05:41   #15
rexer12
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran40 View Post
Fat tony is a sound guy i have bought stuff off him and it took a while but that was my fault as much as his,don't worry pal hes not a crook,kinda guy that will help you rather than rip you off.im sure other forum members will sing from the same hymn sheet as me.
Yeah Tony is a sound guy never had a problem with hm and ive bought a few things hes very helpful and trustworthyer, he even sends parts out without payment and pay later

Last edited by rexer12; Dec 21st, 2013 at 05:47.
rexer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 09:33   #16
960kg
Premier Member

All`s well that end`s well.......But when there is trouble it takes 2 minutes to put up a thread saying " I have trouble" and that eases peoples minds.

If that had happened this thread would not of appeared!

The thing is in this so busy bloody selfish world nobody thinks of the consequences.

There is no real excuse for anything these days with phones welded to peoples faces.

However i am glad things are sorted for those that spent there money and also i give my thoughts to Tony and his family especially at this time of year.

Communication is the name of the game in this day and age and all will be happy!

Merry Christmas to all our readers

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 10:03   #17
david philips
panic captain manwaring ?

Default tony

goodness this thread just shows how easy it is to misjudge someone from a far.

at the start of this thread i was thinking tony was a bit of a rouge (sorry tony) and now i see a really nice guy who looks after his his mother in law (hope she is ok and has a good christmas) a forum member who not only goes out of his way to help everyone he knows but best of all in my view puts his good name before money.

well this thread has put me in my place and i think one of my new years resolutions will be, not to be quick of the mark to judge others.
david philips is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david philips For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 10:14   #18
barmandani

Tony

I just want to wish a fast recovery for your mother in law.

Patience is a virtue... my two cents.

Regards
barmandani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 10:31   #19
Matt86
Premier Member

Unfortunately this thread just goes to show some peoples faith in mankind doesn't exist...

Thankfully there are still decent people in the world and most of them own a x40 and are on here!

Car Photos
Matt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 10:49   #20
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt86 View Post
Unfortunately this thread just goes to show some peoples faith in mankind doesn't exist...

Thankfully there are still decent people in the world and most of them own a x40 and are on here!
The simple fact is it would be nice to have faith in mankind BUT they don`t let you!

Having been caught out before i don`t trust anyone at all....you just can`t unless you are a fool.....

All these bo-peeps in the world just allow these rogues to exist and use decent people.....

Another thing is you can`t tell a good rogue from a bad one only by trust, just look at eBay as that is the best example.....why do they have feedback?......and even then when a seller has so many negatives eBay still allow them to sell........so eBay is as bad as the rogues who swindle you!

I don`t blame the OP at all for starting this thread at least it has solved it for him not losing his money.

There are others about which i won`t name so live and learn and get real.

This is why i say communication is the answer to peoples trust....period.

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post: