Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1993 SE red with tan interior - sheffield

Views : 693

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 21st, 2013, 19:44   #1
Nytram01

Default 1993 SE red with tan interior - sheffield

1993 Volvo 240 SE Estate. MOT until 31st October. This Volvo is in lovely original condition and is ready to use and enjoy. It runs and drives beautifully.
I will try to give an honest description but please ask if you have any specific questions or better still come and see it.

The car was first registered in May 1993 to Volvo Car UK. It was bought by a lady in July 1993. I even have a letter from original owner. During her ownership all work except for the last exhaust was carried out at the supplying Volvo main agent in Reading. It was garaged throughout her ownership.

It has MOT until October 31st 2013. It passed the MOT with NO advisories.

In the last 6 months the Volvo has had full service, including cambelt, engine oil and filter, fan belts, plugs, leads, distributor cap, rotor arm, thermostat and new coolant and 2 new wiper blades.Also I fitted a new good quality battery and re-wired the tailgate so everything works as it should! I also fitted some brand new clear indicator lenses. All other lights are in great condition.

The paint is all original except for a scratch on the nearside rear wheel arch which has been touched in. It has never had any welding or bodywork repairs done. The leading edge of the bonnet has some stone chips, there is a scrape (paint is not broken) on the nearside doors and a small dent near the tailgate washer jet. There are some small areas of surface rust on rear wheel arches and sills. All these defects are shown in the photos. There is no rust in the wheel wells. The paint is still bright red. The chin spoiler under the front bumper is slightly loose on the nearside corner.

The tan plush interior is exceptional. There are a few minor marks on the carpet in the boot area. The drivers seat shows slight signs of wear. Both door pockets have repaiered cracks but look fine. The handbrake console is perfect. The original radio and speakers work well. I have not tried the cassette player. The car has never been smoked in and the lighter and ashtray are unused. There is a full set of floor trays in good condition.

4x electric windows which all work. Im not sure the Electric HEATED mirror switch works, might just need new switch. Genuine Volvo alarm system which incorporates REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING. All electrics, instruments etc work as they should.

Underbonnet area is clean with only some small areas of surface rust. The bonnet is in great condition.

The tyres on these wheels are 2x budget almost new and 2 Michelin with approx 3mm tread.

The B200F engine starts willingly and runs very quietly. The gearbox and clutch feel fine. The steering is light and there are no odd noises or vibrations when driving at any speed.

There are a few creaks and rattlles as you might expect from a 20 year old car.

I have covered approx 250 miles in this car over the past 6 weeks and would not hesitate to set off anywhere in it. I have not monitored fuel consumption in this car but usually get 25-30MPG in a 240 with a mixture of driving on A and B roads.

Tax till April 2013
I can send photos if you pm with email address
£1400 Ovno. Advertised elsewhere.
Thx
Martyn
Nytram01 is offline   Reply With Quote