Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Low fuel in the T8

Views : 2859

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 1st, 2018, 13:35   #21
Neil S

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
I think it is now 70 ltrs
I've looked at the latest price list and 70 litres is listed for the T8. That would make a big difference. I wonder if it can be retrofitted.
Neil S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2018, 20:19   #22
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil S View Post
I've looked at the latest price list and 70 litres is listed for the T8. That would make a big difference. I wonder if it can be retrofitted.
Generally anything is possible at a price......
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2018, 11:41   #23
Soltan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil S View Post
This is one of my bug bears with the T8, being able to upgrade the fuel tank would certainly help. I've had the car switch to ICE even though I was in pure/individual (on electric drive train) just as I was pulling out the drive. Which is annoying as I live near the top of a hill and depending on which direction I'm going it can mean I'm coasting down hill with the engine running!

I try not to let the fuel get too low now as I had the situation last year where I ran low on fuel, tried to make it to the pump on pure and the engine kept cutting in. Very nerve wracking.
MY17 XC90 T8 Inscription, Magic Blue, Xenium Pack, Winter Pack with HUD, Towbar, Power Front Cushion Extensions, Massaging Front Seats,Power Folding 2nd Row Headrests, Tinted Windows, Laminated Side Glass, Amber Leather, Linear Walnut Inlays
Soltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2018, 14:37   #24
Milliner

After the quick manoeuvre off the drive, mine always runs with the ICE for few hundred yards, almost without exception, summer or winter. I can even tell by the buildings along the road when the electric engine will take back over.

Must be a design feature for whatever reason.
Milliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2018, 20:41   #25
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliner View Post
After the quick manoeuvre off the drive, mine always runs with the ICE for few hundred yards, almost without exception, summer or winter. I can even tell by the buildings along the road when the electric engine will take back over.

Must be a design feature for whatever reason.
We have quite a complex low speed manoeuvre to get out of our parking area and there has only been a handful of times the ICE has cut in (when I’ve either given it too much poke to roll over our sliding gate runner, or more likely accidentally hit a paddle shifter. Always drop it into pure which allows you to be a bit more heavy ‘handed’ with the throttle.

So no design feature I’m aware of to start the ICE when starting off. If it does start the first run of the day is always longer as it runs until the engine reaches a certain temperature
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 10:10   #26
MaDProFF
Master Member

As Above, I can drive for miles in my car before the ICE cuts in for the first time.
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 12:11   #27
Milliner

Strange then, as mine still does - even after a service and software upgrade a couple of weeks ago.

I certainly not giving it the beans either, as it's a long residential street. Something must be 'sub-optimal' to quote the latest politician-speak.
Milliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 22:07   #28
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliner View Post
Strange then, as mine still does - even after a service and software upgrade a couple of weeks ago.

I certainly not giving it the beans either, as it's a long residential street. Something must be 'sub-optimal' to quote the latest politician-speak.
Try starting off in pure?
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2018, 22:43   #29
acb5

I have had this occur as well but worked out what was causing the issue. when you reverse and then go to drive, the power bar drops on the display. if you press the accelerator to quickly in essence you exceed the battery power and causes the ICE to kick in. I wait just a second and you will see the power bar rise back to normal level and away you go in battery mode.
Old Dec 9th, 2018, 22:50   #30
vxf

You think filling up twice the same day is bad?

I drove from Buffalo, NY to Chicago, IL last year in a horrible snow storm. At 0F, in AWD mode, I was getting about 12-13 mpg on my T8. And on stretches in Ohio and Indiana there are very few gas pumps. So I had a usable range of 150 miles or so, with the small tank. But, with 50+ miles between gas stations, I effectively had to get gas, or worry about getting gas, every hour. I ended up getting gas six or seven times that day. Ever get gas at -25C with the wind blowing in the plains of the midwest, with slow pumps that cannot latch (so you actually have to stay there and HOLD the damn thing... thanks to US safety regulation....)? It's fun stuff.

That's when I decided to sell the damn car.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote