Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New car experience

Views : 917

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 4th, 2023, 13:31   #1
Mikedaniels
Mike

Angry New car experience

Very disappointed with the experience of buying a new Volvo. We went to look for a secondhand V90 but the boot wasn’t big enough for our needs. We then settled on a newXC60 and placed the order. We were going to pay cash but The sales guy talked us into finance with 0% and it seamed to make sense. With finance approved we sat and waited. Three weeks ago I got a call from the dealers to say the car had arrived then it all went wrong! I got mixed up in an IT issue at Volvo and my order was cancelled and deposit returned. Don’t worry said the dealer we’ll sort it and I’m still waiting! With no delivery date in sight. Well if it’s not here but Wednesday I’m going to have a look at Audi.

Last edited by Mikedaniels; Nov 4th, 2023 at 13:53.
Mikedaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2023, 14:43   #2
Grahamxc60

That's a shame its gone wrong, I got an XC60 T8 Ultimate dark in August, it all went really smooth and a great car. I looked at Audi but glad I went for the Volvo. Hopefully it will get sorted as I don't think you will be disappointed.
Old Nov 4th, 2023, 19:05   #3
deepsix

No need to go to Audi but I would definitely consider changing dealer.

I'm a Hornithologist, I love exotic birds.
deepsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2023, 20:23   #4
Fastpatsilents

Stoneacre?
Fastpatsilents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4th, 2023, 22:11   #5
Mikedaniels
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastpatsilents View Post
Stoneacre?
Stoneacre? That’s my problem!
Old Nov 4th, 2023, 22:12   #6
Mikedaniels
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastpatsilents View Post
Stoneacre?
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsix View Post
No need to go to Audi but I would definitely consider changing dealer.
Your a what?
Old Nov 5th, 2023, 10:34   #7
brickman
Premier Member

Dealers (all brands) have a habit of having 'an IT glitch' where pre-orders, deposits and very good deals are to be concerned.

Had it happen to our family (Audi A6 allroad in about 2008) and others over the years. The 'oh no, we are really sorry, your order has been lost, and we will try very hard to get that deal back again, but we can't guarantee it because your deposit has been returned to you by accident already' is a well oiled lie in the new car sales business.

Most recently happened in 2022 with family buying an EV, been on order for basically a year, car turned up with extra options from mftr (because mftr was simplying production and streamlined the lower spec cars out of the way in favour of the mid and high spec cars only). When we spoke to a few other dealers found out that the mftr was doing this gratis for existing orders. And the dealer we were buying through, thought it was worth an extra £7k, and if we didn't want to pay at least half of the £7k, they'd just sell it to someone else, as during 2022 cars were going over sticker price.

Thankfully we know how to operate a phone, and called a few other dealers to get the low down on the situation and found out arnold clark in their lies.

Car delivered, zero extra cost and removed their arnold clark sticker from the back window in the delivery show room, put it in the bin at the admin desk.
Old Nov 10th, 2023, 16:06   #8
Kugaman1

I don't trust any dealer, UK wide.

Yes, some are better than others, but every single one of them will tell you what you want to hear in order to get your business.

Unfortunately you chose Arnold Clark…..probably one of the worst dealer groups out there. Thankfully Volvo Aberdeen are no longer Arnold Clark so I don’t have to deal with their BS every service.

Sadly for my wife, Hyundai Aberdeen are Arnold Clark. Had to take her car there last month for its first service…..as expected, absolutely awful experience. Never again, we would rather drive 100 miles to the nearest NONE Arnold Clark Hyundai dealership next time ….
Kugaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kugaman1 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 11th, 2023, 10:44   #9
pilkers

Default Perth volvo

I bought my v60 brand new in 2019 from strathmore in Perth. The buying experience was excellent from ordering to delivery. They were courteous, their advice was sound and handover was excellent and I was made to feel like I was the most important customer they had ever had. Although they are 120 miles from where I live, I use them because they are an independent and not part of a large chain. I could have bought locally from Arnold Clark, I would not touch them with a barge pole

Since then it has been serviced all 4 times by Strathmore and again an excellent experience. I have touch wood had no problems with the car.

I have no connection with them, other than being a satisfied customer.
pilkers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pilkers For This Useful Post: