Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General > 400 Series Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

440/460/480 Manchester area-ish

Views : 1453

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 13th, 2011, 21:05   #1
barrybuttery

Default 440/460/480 Manchester area-ish

Hey guys, im looking for a 440/460/480 around Manchester area, up to maybe, 100 miles away?

Im looking for a 1.8 or a 2.0, as im not to interested in the 1.6 and the turbos are a litte expensive to insure (however, if the cars really cheap, i would consider)

Any trim level would be fine, as long as the car is pretty cheap and has been looked after.

Sub 100thousand miles would be ideal, but willing to consider cars with higher mileage if they have a good service history.

Not bothered about colour (and i can't be to picky anyway, with the 400 series being thin on the ground now anyway)

If anyone knows of any for sale, or are selling one, please leave a message on this thread as ill be very interested. Looking for a car <600, but i can push the boat out slightly if needs be.

I know thats a pretty specific "want" but i'm having such a nightmare finding any 400 series around manchester anyway, and ill probably take anything right now.

Cheers guys
barrybuttery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 12:18   #2
Doonal

Default 440, 1996, 1.8 CDi

Hi

Are you still looking for a 440 1.8 ? I've got just what you're looking for! Let me know and I'll send you spec etc, - one lady owner from new, mileage is 27,700, full leather interior, always garaged, new MOT.
Best,
Doona
Doonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 12:40   #3
barrybuttery

Sorry i am still looking but london is to far for me to travel. thanks anyway.
barrybuttery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 13:19   #4
PaulI

Default My brother is selling a 480 ES

My brother is selling a 2 litre 480 es auto with 34k, i thinks its a 91 model, although I cant be sure.
Its belonged to a volvo collector and was purchased by my brother in July, to export to Australia. Unfortunately the Ozzies said it can be imported until 2018, which means its up for sale again.
The car has no rust and has had the brake discs/pads and calipers replaced,
a month ago. The car suffers the normal 400 series niggles i.e, electronic
dash is intermittent other than that the car is in good condition. The car is located in Redcar, about a 120 miles from Manchester.
If you need more details I'll get in touch with my brother who is now back in Oz.
Cheers,
Paul
PaulI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 03:02   #5
jakobandhismakarov
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrybuttery View Post
Sorry i am still looking but london is to far for me to travel. thanks anyway.
Barry, you can get a train to London from Manchester Piccadilly for around £40. If you end up on a Pendolino you'll be at London Euston two hours later.

I know this because I bought a 460 Turbo from a bloke in Richmond yesterday. All in the train (with two connections) cost me £36 inclusive of booking fee. The car made it back to South Manchester on £30-worth of fuel - and that's at SW London prices. Virgin Trains or trainline.co.uk are the best places to search for rail tickets. I didn't even book in advance - I booked them online on Friday night at about 11PM.

It's do-able and cost effective, as I suspect you'll have to down South to get a 400 Series that matches your criteria. I haven't seen a 440 in my neck of the woods (Sale \ Altrincham) for years - although there is a white 460 Auto in regular use locally. I think the bloke has had it since new. I can ask him if it's for sale if you like.

480s are fairly common near me. I'm not sure what part of Manchester you hail from. There's a two tone 2 litre that lives somewhere in Didsbury \ Chorlton, an immaculate red Turbo in Stockport and a really scabby GT around the Northern Quarter. My ES now lives in Bolton. I want the wheels back for my 460 Turbo.

Have some pictures consisting of various 480s.

My 480ES outside the Adelphi building at Uni, before I sold it.

My 480ES shortly before being sold.

The 46k 480S I scrapped because no-one wanted it, spares or otherwise.

The minter - than - mint Turbo I spotted in Stockport ruined by the Halfords alloys.

The two tone 2 Litre that came hammering past me on the A5103.

The rough GT papped in the Northern Quarter.
Old Oct 31st, 2011, 14:58   #6
Jucath

Hi

My Dad is having to give up driving he lives in Derby(under 100 miles from Manchester) He has the following

Volvo 440 Li 1.8 5 dr saloon
1994 (M REG)
31,000 mileage
1 owner from new
Full service history
Always garaged all it's life
10 months MOT
Fully Taxed
Red
VGC no rust

Let me know if you're interested or you want anymore details
Jucath is offline   Reply With Quote