Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

B20 tuning parts

Views : 2605

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 17th, 2012, 20:27   #1
gasolinescream

Default B20 tuning parts

Hi folks

Looking to build a nicely tweaked B20 motor. I have a good B20 block and after tuning parts. Especially interested in twin weber inlet manifolds and a suitable exhaust manifold.

Many thanks

Dan
gasolinescream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 13:41   #2
alan 122s
VOC Member

Default webers

I have a set of 40 webers c/w new filters and linkages with RHD inlet manifold currently on my B20 . I am considering selling them as a package if you are interested. I am not in a hurry to sell as I havent got the replacement SU set up ready yet but feel free to Pm me if youre interested. They are correctly set up and work well but for some events I will need SUs so am thinking of changing.
Old Feb 21st, 2012, 21:18   #3
John Culham

Default weber carbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan 122s View Post
I have a set of 40 webers c/w new filters and linkages with RHD inlet manifold currently on my B20 . I am considering selling them as a package if you are interested. I am not in a hurry to sell as I havent got the replacement SU set up ready yet but feel free to Pm me if youre interested. They are correctly set up and work well but for some events I will need SUs so am thinking of changing.
would be interested in your webers for my 133 rally car, at present running a big valve ported head, r cam, balanced rods/crank, four branch manifold with 3in exhaurst, lightened fly wheel, LSD,
John Culham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2012, 18:01   #4
John Culham

Hi

LSD can be found on line for volvo Amazon LSD, 8 bolt or 10 crown wheel at £660, my LSD has uprated 16 spline half shafts £1400.
75 FIA foam filled fuel tank in boot supplied by Amazon cars.
sump guard.
full roll cage.
FIA rally seats
5 point full harness seat belts.
5.5 j steel wheels.
M41 gear box with J type overdrive.
Brake servo added.
compatition rear shoes.
Up rated alternator.
Brake and fuel pipes through cabin.
Uprated road springs 50% front, 30% rear.
Front inner wings reinforced.
Reinforced top and bottom wishbones.
polyurethane bushes.
Bilstein Shocks.
Front now negative camber by adding 2mm washers to to front suspension points.

B18 block, bored out to 1986cc, new mahle pisterns matched weights with rods connected, crankshaft balanced, 8kg flywheel,steel camshaft gears, r cam, big valve head ported and polished, 4-2-1 manifold with 3 exhaust, twin SUs with TR needles, Neoprene front and rear oil seals,

Car only used for club rallies.

Regard
John
John Culham is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Culham For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 09:21   #5
alan 122s
VOC Member

I have most of those mods too along with a repositioned handbrake between the seats. i might try packing out the suspension 2mm to see if that improves things. I assume you literally just add 2mm worth of spacers between the lower wishbones and the body. Have you tried an uprated anti roll bar set up?
What have you done to reinforce the front wings?
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 12:50   #6
Derek UK
VOC Member

Smile

Chassis reinforcement
http://volvo1800pictures.com/sb/8/8_...g%20plates.htm

2mm or even more (1/8" maybe) washers/shims added to the current ones gives negative camber. Standard shims give about 0º. Try for about - 0.5º.
Upper inner pivot goes inwards to give the negative camber. Small changes to the caster can also be made this way but can put excessive strain on the bolts. Best to shim the crossmember but get it measured properly before doing any adjustment. If the cross member has been off and the factory shims not put back in correctly the measurement could be very different both sides. Fitting a different cross member will also compromise the original settings.
Laser alighnment quick and easy now days for toe in. Mine was found to be toe'd in 8mm! Not surprising that it used to plough understeer on roundabouts.....
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2012, 21:16   #7
gasolinescream

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan 122s View Post
Thank you for your reply. Before the wolves decend on my wanted add i've sent you a pm.

Last edited by gasolinescream; Feb 24th, 2012 at 22:02.
gasolinescream is offline   Reply With Quote