Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Connected Safety

Views : 6446

Replies : 65

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 21st, 2019, 23:20   #31
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
Just had my car serviced. Cant see or tell any difference. How can I tell if ive had the software updated.
Try the Dynamic Driving mode - as you have Polestar it will now say something like “Polestar Engineering” instead of Dynamic Mode.
Plus the extra “Connected Safety” icon on the right swiped Senus Display mode.
Plus as you have the T5 engine you should feel/hear a bit more umph when you accelerate away.
Old Oct 21st, 2019, 23:49   #32
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Just had my car serviced. Cant see or tell any difference. How can I tell if ive had the software updated.
Look in your Sensus safety features page by swiping left and there will be a connected safety icon, you may have to scroll the page to find it further down, you need to activate it and have a data connection for it to start working,
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 10:29   #33
Crockers
Premier Member

Cheers guys - none of these are appearing - so it appears they didn't upgrade the software -- if so I am not impressed.
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 11:08   #34
Crockers
Premier Member

Just phoned the service dept guy and he hasn't heard of these updates. said he will look into it and come back to me.

Just pinged off an email to Volvo CS asking them what updates are currently being done at service.

I know it's a trivial point - but without reading of them here - how would I have known ??
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 14:03   #35
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Just phoned the service dept guy and he hasn't heard of these updates. said he will look into it and come back to me.

Just pinged off an email to Volvo CS asking them what updates are currently being done at service.

I know it's a trivial point - but without reading of them here - how would I have known ??
That is shocking service and I just can not believe they did not know about these updates, it is part of the normal routine service to update the software, make you wonder what else they did not do, like actually changing the oil and filters, you have no way of telling now. No dipstick to check oil condition. I would use a different Volvo dealer from now on.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 14:58   #36
Crockers
Premier Member

Just had a phone call. They are collecting the car on Tuesday to do the significant upgrade of software which isn’t usually done at service- free of charge.

If it wasn’t sad it would be hilarious.
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 15:16   #37
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Just had a phone call. They are collecting the car on Tuesday to do the significant upgrade of software which isn’t usually done at service- free of charge.

The Heinous Scoundrels.
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 15:20   #38
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:

Crockers. This is not acceptable in any shape or form.
When your Volvo is taken in for its annual service, the dealer ‘should’ connect it upto the central Volvo server in some Swedish cloud when an onscreen report is displayed/printed of any of the cars modules that are in need of an update to the latest version - this list is obviously different on a car by car basis depending upon the car’s spec & date of last check/update.
The technician is then asked to accept/reject the software updates.

Just checked my 1st service Inv from last month that specifically mentions under the section called Operations:
- Service Software updated & tested - all OK.
- This Service includes Free Software Upgrades which may change some functions on your vehicle.

I am appalled that your dealer failed to adhere to Volvo’s our servicing standards, and in your shoes I think a one-to-one with your dealer principal is required to make him aware of your findings, talking it through with the Service Manager will be a waste as it will go no further.

As you stated it’s only by reading these forums that you have realised something was amiss.
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 15:28   #39
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:

Ha, like they are now doing you a favour! Perhaps make them aware of the Volvo Service Promise, free software update with every service. How can someone work in service at a Volvo main dealer and not know this!

I'm sure half the time they don't have enough capacity in the workshop on the service day to have the car sat for 1 hour while it updates, so they just skip it, in the hope the customer won't know any different. And if the customer gets an issue which requires a software fix, they do an update and charge to Volvo or the customer as a separate job.

:wq
Old Oct 22nd, 2019, 16:15   #40
tem
Premier Member

Quote:

I think your dealer needs to be named.

tem.