Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Car parking penalty notice

Views : 7738

Replies : 128

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 3rd, 2022, 19:48   #121
eagle58

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
I received an email from the parking management company this morning.
They have dropped my case, having investigated they say that they can see I have not received a decision from them regarding my appeal.

Eagle58
I strongly advise that you email, do not send via recorded delivery a written letter, an email is better proof of you corresponding with them, their complaints department stating that you have not been given the option to appeal via POFA and have not been given a valid POPLA code so that you can do so, and that they must provide you with this as a matter of urgency so that you can, and will, take the matter further.
As this is not conforming to the British Parking Association code of conduct, if they do not do this, or drop the case, you will be making a complaint to the BPA regarding their lack of adhering to the code of practice as set out by the bpa.

As you have already appealed to the management company there will be no point bringing up the fact that you believe you were parked correctly/within the bay or as set out in their t&c’s, just provide them with your pcn number and registration number. Any ramblings on your case at this point may only give them ammunition against you. Just give them the basic info, they have the rest. If you are pointing out they are not following procedure, chances are they will look at it again, view the photo evidence that you say is in your favour, and drop the case.
I'm not sure that an e-mail is a better form of communication than a letter sent by recorded delivery. Any official notice is always sent by mail and being recorded is proof of delivery, which I have from Royal Mail. There is no audit trail from an e-mail.

They have a few more days left to respond to me, by recorded delivery, otherwise I shall consider the matter closed as per my letter.

We'll see what happens and I'l update on here.
eagle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2022, 20:29   #122
rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle58 View Post
I'm not sure that an e-mail is a better form of communication than a letter sent by recorded delivery. Any official notice is always sent by mail and being recorded is proof of delivery, which I have from Royal Mail. There is no audit trail from an e-mail.

They have a few more days left to respond to me, by recorded delivery, otherwise I shall consider the matter closed as per my letter.

Well it is. The person at the other end can refuse to sign for your letter and then what happens to your letter, or proof that you sent it. An email is much easier to prove that you have written it, and sent it, at a certain time of day on a certain date.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rowdy For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 3rd, 2022, 20:37   #123
DoaM

Quote:
Well it is. The person at the other end can refuse to sign for your letter and then what happens to your letter, or proof that you sent it. An email is much easier to prove that you have written it, and sent it, at a certain time of day on a certain date.
Absolutely!

You can lead a horse to water, etc. 🙄
Old Oct 3rd, 2022, 20:58   #124
eagle58

Quote:
I've got a receipt that shows it was signed for and recieved.

An e-mail easily gets lost in the spam filter. If you're going to be summoned, it won't be by e-mail.

To paraphrase the quotation: "an e-mail is not worth the paper it's not written on".

Last edited by eagle58; Oct 3rd, 2022 at 21:02.
Old Oct 3rd, 2022, 21:46   #125
rowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle58 View Post

Ok, if you insist. Personally I found following the advice given to me on here and the mse forum, where they specifically tell you not to send it recorded delivery and email is the best method, I have now had my pcn cancelled.

If you have read the first paragraph of my post that you quoted at the top of the page, it says my pcn was cancelled after they investigated, and found that I have not received their appeal decision. This was supposed to be sent by email.
I imagine if they sent out appeal decisions by snail mail, it would have been a lot harder for me to prove, and for them to find, that I did not get it.

But it’s your call. My case is now closed, which is a relief as the last 3 days have been crap having fallen down a flight of stairs yesterday and possibly fracturing my foot and my wife having her salon broken into and burgled on Thursday
Old Oct 3rd, 2022, 23:07   #126
eagle58

Quote:
Ok, if you insist. Personally I found following the advice given to me on here and the mse forum, where they specifically tell you not to send it recorded delivery and email is the best method, I have now had my pcn cancelled.

If you have read the first paragraph of my post that you quoted at the top of the page, it says my pcn was cancelled after they investigated, and found that I have not received their appeal decision. This was supposed to be sent by email.
I imagine if they sent out appeal decisions by snail mail, it would have been a lot harder for me to prove, and for them to find, that I did not get it.

But it’s your call. My case is now closed, which is a relief as the last 3 days have been crap having fallen down a flight of stairs yesterday and possibly fracturing my foot and my wife having her salon broken into and burgled on Thursday
Sad to hear about your trials and tribulations - the last thing you want is having to deal with crap from car park nazis.

I think it's helpful to share our various methodologies for dealing with these companies and helping people to find out what works and what doesn't.

I'm glad your case is now closed and I'll report back on mine.
The Following User Says Thank You to eagle58 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 3rd, 2022, 23:58   #127
eagle58

This is a thread I found on the MSE forum about the particular company I am dealing with:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...management-pcn
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 08:22   #128
DoaM

There are later threads about UK CPM ... I'm not sure about how litigious they are; even if they file a claim I think they're one of the companies who'll discontinue a claim if it is vigorously defended.
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 09:01   #129
rowdy

Yeh that thread mentions Gladstones as their solicitors. They are known to be in bed with the parking companies and the dodgy parking bodies that are all basically set up by themselves as judge, jury and prosecution.

Most judges are aware of this. Just keep all your evidence and if the photo they have taken of your car shows it is between the lines of the parking bay I can’t see any court siding with them if they even take it that far.