Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Cold weather part two

Views : 1496

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 8th, 2010, 20:33   #11
Mike1967
Premier Member

Been lucky here on the South Wales coast .... had a little snow that lasted about a day , but been friggin freeeezing here !
I do sympathise with those up North who had loads of the stuff ....... it reminds me of the snow we had here back in 1979 .
Mike1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 11:00   #12
andymusic
Trader

Here's a warning about the cold that's about to hit us - advice should be taken to stock up on supplies by early next week I think - this could be very harsh for all of the UK - temps and snow

PREPARATION FOR RENEWAL OF EXTREME COLD FROM FRANCE TO SCANDINAVIA AND WEST THROUGH THE UK SHOULD BE MADE.

I am hopeful ( prayerful) that the coming cold wave that will follow what thaw there is in the northwest will have the populace prepared. While it is true I have had a little fun with those that dont see eye to eye with me on the issue of AGW,

the coming cold, in the wake of the stress that has already been put on the populace of the northwest part of Europe, is nothing to joke about.

The current cold will shift southeast for a while, before the re-establishment of the cold pool back where it was the past 2 weeks. This will allow for people to have a few days of milder weather in the UK and Ireland. Germany is liable to take the brunt of the whole thing, for while there is a few days of warming in the northwest, the cold shifting southeast centers over them and when it reloads a bit further west it is over them.

Last edited by andymusic; Dec 9th, 2010 at 11:01. Reason: bolding a sentence
andymusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 11:02   #13
fowlerman
Master Member

[QUOTE=Stiggy;793950]Been lucky here on the South Wales coast .... had a little snow that lasted about a day , but been friggin freeeezing here !
Exactly the same here in Blackpool b****y cold but only one light sprinkling of snow. Not as bad as 1962/3 when the sea froze though. However go a few miles inland and it's a different matter, -17c on Shap Tuesday night.

Pete.
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 14:08   #14
Volvon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlerman View Post
Not as bad as 1962/3 when the sea froze though
Now that is cold! To freeze water that salty takes some serious cold! I bet the big dipper was still runnning though!

Volvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 14:24   #15
Andy Northface
Where's that 18mm socket?

Unhappy

Its been really bad up here in the north east I saw -13 at one point and today is the first mild day we have had.the water in peoples gutters in the houses had froze and there are dozens of houses with their gutters ripped off.at least its starting to thaw a little
Andy Northface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2010, 16:59   #16
andymusic
Trader

Cold and snow/potential blizzards still on for thursday folks and then over next weekend - worth getting your supplies in before then and getting ready for a very cold period of weather - anti-freeze & windscreen washer checks etc.
Old Dec 14th, 2010, 19:33   #17
andymusic
Trader

Hope your all ready for the cold & snow - should last right up to xmas eve - then it looks like slightly milder weather will make a return for xmas itself and into new year - especially for the south of the UK
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 14:11   #18
andymusic
Trader

How you enjoying the cold folks - just managed to dig my car out after nearly a week imprisoned here - looks like the cold will be with us for a little longer yet - weather will quieten down over the next few days - BUT - possible snow/sleet and even rain storm (rain along coasts and in the far south) to come starting sunday afternnoon (especially in the west but moving slowly east) - through to wednesday - some of us could see a lot more snow again during this period!

keep safe people and have a merry xmas and a happy new year