Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My 2010 V70 R-design progress thread

Views : 11220

Replies : 89

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 12th, 2020, 20:30   #1
reggit
Premier Member

Default My 2010 V70 R-design progress thread

OK, a couple of folk on here have asked me to start a progress thread on the car I picked up last Tuesday.

It’s a 2010MY car with a nice spec, premium pack, BLIS, adaptive cruise and some other toys. It has the 205bhp D5 engine with an auto box.

Bought with an iffy drivers door catch, it seemed to be out of alignment and would only fully close 50% of the time. Easy I thought 😂

There was also an ‘engine service urgent’ message appeared, but no light or limp mode. Stunningly obvious that the car has only been used for short runs for a while judging by the average mpg, and miles to go when I put diesel in it. £30 of fuel initially showed 90 miles range, when I got home after 50 miles, that had climbed to 225 miles.

Also noted that the driver side heater is stuck on full heat - 😅

Some pics of the car as I bought it, the interior ones taken whilst I was driving back from collecting it - at a dead stop in roadworks I hasten to add.

Sorry, 3 of these are a repeat from another thread. Hmm, don’t know why it’s putting them in the wrong orientation?

Last edited by reggit; Jun 12th, 2020 at 20:35.
reggit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reggit For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 20:34   #2
reggit
Premier Member

Default Wed 10th June

Decided to fix the door closing issue, only to find that once the door was closing properly, the central locking wouldn’t work on that door.

Started to pull the door apart to trace the locking issue, it’s not easy to get the lock module out of the door - gave up for the day!

Found out that my Vida laptop was sulking and wouldn’t play so couldn’t scan the codes, so decided to connect it to v-dash and use that to get codes.

Last edited by reggit; Jun 12th, 2020 at 20:38.
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 20:41   #3
Montana
Master Member

good stuff, will keep my eye on this

Previous: 2006 XC90 D5 , 2008 V50 2.0D
Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 20:46   #4
reggit
Premier Member

Default Locking mechanism

Got the locking mechanism out, useful video on YouTube, the keyless entry thingy on mine adds extra complication that isn’t really needed.

Identified that the locking motor is definitely dead, so a new one is now on its way. Now I’ve got a car with no latch or handle until the new bits turn up!

On the plus side, I got Vida working and can see something amiss with the CCM. The car was scanned with the drivers door in bits, so it looks worse than it is.

The window has to be released from its mechanism and taped up or removed to strip the door lock out. The tape gave up holding it overnight and it poured down. It’s now temporarily reconnected so it stays up.

Last edited by reggit; Jun 12th, 2020 at 21:24.
Old Jun 13th, 2020, 13:16   #5
Stu B
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana View Post
good stuff, will keep my eye on this
Me too! Keep up the good work
Old Jun 14th, 2020, 09:30   #6
reggit
Premier Member

Hmm, the car has a couple of damper motors not working on the climate control and the drivers side heated seat doesn’t work although the button works as expected.
Just been looking at wiring diagrams and all 3 of these are on the same LIN bus cable coming out of the CCU module. I can’t see anything else on this bus line, although it’s possible.
Hoping to find a bad connection, but more likely a fault on the Climate module in my opinion.
It’s not an urgent issue, so can wait until I’ve got the drivers door lock working properly.
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 20:51   #7
reggit
Premier Member

I swapped out the climate panel today with one from eBay with the same part number (£48), everything on the LIN bus that wasn’t working now is - didn’t need software or anything and there’s no codes stored - that’s me happy.

Also got the drivers lock working, a £10 motor from China and a lot of swearing and the locks are all working and the keyless entry thingy works as well. Drivers window is sticking badly now, hoping I’ve just got it misaligned.

Engine oil change this weekend, once I’ve got the door sorted. Still working out what gearbox oil to use as it seems to be on a change over and 3 different types have been mentioned. However i thing a 20l rub of 3309 may turn up next week if I can’t work it out and I’ll just flush the box.
Old Jun 19th, 2020, 23:57   #8
reggit
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggit View Post
However i think a 20l tub of 3309.
Haha - predictive text!
Old Jun 20th, 2020, 12:04   #9
reggit
Premier Member

Window fixed, I didn’t realise that the bottom rail of the window mechanism is supposed to slide on runners - it didn’t.
A bit of elbow grease and white grease this morning and all is well.
Old Jun 20th, 2020, 22:10   #10
100K+
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggit View Post
Got the locking mechanism out, useful video on YouTube, .

I think I have seen that video. Made the job look relatively easy. BUT as I have discovered these jobs are never as straight forward as others make them look. Remove cable from clip - yeah thats not going to happen this side of Christmas!
Congratulations to you for making a success of the job. Very surprised the climate panel was a plug and play item - not what I would have expected despite matching part numbers.
P2 never liked 2nd hand bits ( well mine don't and expected P3 to be even more finikey.)
Again congrats and keep us informed.
Cheers Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 100K+ For This Useful Post: