Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V90 new owner, sensus question

Views : 1261

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 25th, 2020, 20:48   #1
simon1argyle

Default V90 new owner, sensus question

Hi all,

Just picked an 18 plate V90 R-Design D4, upgrading from a V40 D2 SE Lux.
Cracking car over the first 100 miles so far and an indicated 48mpg around Cornwall.

Only minor gripe so far is that when the Bluetooth auto connects to the phone, I have to repair it for Bluetooth audio streaming. Is this a compatability issue with my device (Huawei Mate 20 Pro)?

I work for Ford and there is a site available to check all mobile devices against their models
simon1argyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2020, 21:34   #2
V90Towman

Have you checked you have the Bluetooth set for calls and audio? Also worth downloading the Volvo manual it is my go to for anything. The V90 is a cracking car I miss mine but my wife wanted to have the suv, personally the estate shape is elegant, plus the mpg is better. Enjoy her.
Old Mar 25th, 2020, 22:16   #3
simon1argyle

Hi thanks for the reply. I've checked the settings on my phone which are the same for my old V40 and all work cars I use. I'll try re-pairing tomorrow to make sure I'm not missing any messages
Old Mar 25th, 2020, 22:39   #4
Chief inspector
Master Member

My iPhone sometimes wont stream audio, usually need to close the app and re-open, I don’t repair
Old Mar 25th, 2020, 23:40   #5
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon1argyle View Post
Hi thanks for the reply. I've checked the settings on my phone which are the same for my old V40 and all work cars I use. I'll try re-pairing tomorrow to make sure I'm not missing any messages
Suggest you actually delete the phone’s profile from your car and then reinstall totally afresh. I found when I initially paired my iPhone for the 1st time that in the excitement of setting up my new car that I missed a step up stage, but a delete/reinstall solved the problem.
Old Mar 28th, 2020, 08:01   #6
V90Towman

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon1argyle View Post
Simon did you sort it ? Maybe a complete delete of profile as suggested will do it let us know.
Old Mar 30th, 2020, 21:55   #7
simon1argyle

Sorry for the "radio silence" (sorry)
I have done a complete unoair, delete and repair and it works when first connected, but as soon as an ignition cycle is completed, its back to phone function only.
I know my phone is OK per se, because it works on all Ford and Mazda audio systems and my old V40. Is it purely a compatability issue?
Old Mar 31st, 2020, 11:12   #8
mr rusty

I presume you have selected bluetooth as the media source in sensus? I do suspect a setting somewhere...
Old Mar 31st, 2020, 18:25   #9
dchbrown

I seem to remember this was a potential issue with android because I had it with some wireless ear buds where it was exactly as you described.

If you connect to the car, then go into the Bluetooth settings in the phone can you enable the media audio? I seem to remember that manually turning it on once made it work automatically from then onwards.

Funnily enough that was with my wife's Huawei P20 Pro as well...
Old Apr 1st, 2020, 22:32   #10
simon1argyle

I've been trying again today, when I go on to my device the option for media is greyed out and it won't let me select it, again, not a problem in anything else but earlier the wife found that if I manually start playing apple music on my phone, I can then select it from the touchscreen, but not using the steering wheel button.
If that's the way it is, so be it.
When we are allowed out, a friend has got a 69 v60 and an iPhone so I'll see if his differs at all