Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

removing third row

Views : 14328

Replies : 63

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 15th, 2012, 11:42   #11
Brodick
Master Member

You said you were used to a much bigger vehicle
What did you have before the XC90?
Brodick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 11:58   #12
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrizos View Post
LOL...!!

Your blog is pretty cool, you seem to get out and about.Interesting stuff. Is that a Delicia that you had before the XC90?

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 09:21   #13
Carrizos

yes it was a Delica, IMO one of the best expedition vehicles ever designed... until I had some major engine problems at 200,000k and the transmission also needing attention so I sold it on for parts, problems were mostly due to poor maintenance before I bought it, a transmission pipe was wrongly routed and wore through dumping all of the transmission oil when I was doing around 80. Some other shortcuts I had not spotted lead to some engine wear problems. I still have one as a field van for hauling timber etc on our land in Spain but it would need a lot done to get it roadworthy.

it is a shame Mitsi have gone for a smaller vehicle to replace it, the D5 performs well though.

Ta for the comment about the blog, Galicia is a stunning place to live, we are back in the Uk now because the schools are far from stunning. Our house in galicia is now a holiday let, I would like to retire out there once we have got the boys through school. Meanwhile we are considering whether to move to Skye, that would be quite a contrast climate wise :-) but the landscape is wonderful.

I am enjoying the Volvo, always a bit traumatic for the first few months after buying a second hand car - had it long enough to have got my ear tuned into its sounds - now wondering whether the hummmmm that happens between 40 and 50 is normal or a diff / transmission/fan noise, it is very smooth sound and from the front seat sounds like it is at the back of the car, from the back seat sounds like it is the front of the car, it disappears at higher speeds. Not done a long trip in it yet but we are off to see family near Land's End soon, then a trip to Galicia to prepare the house for the season..we need to replace the back door with a sliding patio door as visitors let it bang in the wind and it gets damaged. I hope the two trips will leave me feeling more confident about the car.
Carrizos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carrizos For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 21:09   #14
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrizos View Post
Very funny, I have an active outdoor type family. The XC90 is a good compromise, it seems to be a very well built safe car that will offer a lot of protection in an accident. I have a lot of motorway driving to do over the next year or so and the extra economy / speed / comfort over a larger 4X4 is much appreciated already. I only need a little more space inside for weekend trips and I do not need the extra seats, I am happy to tow a trailer for longer expeditions. Before I bought the vehicle I was told they were fairly easy to remove, it did seem larger when empty but when I started loading it up the space soon diminished.

I have a roof box but can not fit it on this XC90 alongside two kayaks, they are kind of large and old, so also heavy - I use them as roof boxes, when packed with kit they are close to the max roof weight between them, one is here: http://aviewfromvaldovino.blogspot.c...max-results=20 .

Bear Gryls indeed :-)
Your Blog
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nemesis For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 15:52   #15
tedm

Amazing! I've always been amazed at the internal storage space and we carry a LOT of stuff around (family of 5, sailing gear, two dogs etc.).
I would expect removing the seats would be tricky and wouldn't actually get you that much more space.
if you're filling two kayaks with gear and the back is also full then you really do need a van or just use your trailer.
tedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 17:11   #16
TerryB
VOC Member

I took the third row of seats out of mine, just a couple of months ago. Was a bit of a performance because you need to take off the side panel trims and the plastic mouldings, the ones with the lids on, to get enough clear space to lift the frame. The seats and the frame come out as one unit. you do need to find another place for the jack,because the mounting is held by the seat frame. It does way a hell of a lot, so fuel lasts a bit longer. And you do get a lot of space behind the second row of seats.I found it was worth doing.Hope this helps.
TerryB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TerryB For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 22:13   #17
paulodipoggio

If you took the cannon out that might help?

Good family hols - I have similar issues with fitting windsurfing kit on or in car
Know where you are coming from.
paulodipoggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 15:45   #18
kenr

Default XC90 Third Row Removal

I'm with you. I am about to remove the third row seats and needed the same info about the SRS being disabled. I'm not sure if it's just the third row area that gets disabled. I heard that once the seatbelts are removed / disconnected that's when it shuts it down. I also heard that a simple jumper reactivates it. I also would really like some additional info or detailed info on this. I know this forum has someone who knows about this, we just have to find him.
kenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 16:35   #19
Benger

Default Removing third row

Hello,

I have spoken to Volvo in Denmark and they have kindly sent me the instructions on how to remove the third row. Please find attached. I have tried to translate them as they are in Swedish so I hope you can understand them - they didnt have an english copy and my Swedish isnt the best.

They did mention that the third row seat belts should be permanently buckled as you'd otherwise get a warning on your dash. There should be no impact on your SRS or SIPS according to Volvo Denmark.

Hope this was of assistance.
Kind regards
Benger
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XC90 - Seat 6 and 7 removal.pdf (668.7 KB, 47 views)
Benger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Benger For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 13:39   #20
truck

ah ha! - now all we need is a translation....
truck is offline   Reply With Quote