Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC70 SE Lux D5 Geartronic

Views : 3032

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 29th, 2022, 15:39   #1
daveystoat

Default XC70 SE Lux D5 Geartronic

Volvo XC70 SE Lux D5 Geartronic – 2006 XC70 D5 SE Lux D5 (185 bhp) Geartronic 4x4 estate.
MOT until 29/11/2023 – much work done to this car to achieve this (see below)
Black leather interior with ‘aluminium mesh’ inserts. Being the SE Lux model, it is fully ‘specced up’, including:
Geartronic automatic gearbox – changes are nice and smooth
Powerfold electric mirrors
Heated memory seats
Full black leather interior
Parking sensors
Sat Nav with remote
Air con
‘Four-C’ comfort/sport suspension
Electric windows all round
Xenon headlights
Roof rails
Rear-facing child seats

Bodywork condition is generally very good, though there is the odd blemish in line with age, but nothing major. All panels are good

All four tyres have plenty of life left in them, they are winter tyres.
It is currently showing just under 218,000 miles (which is nothing for these cars). I was advised when I bought it that it had a replacement engine with 121,000 miles on, a cambelt change and a recent service, though I have no evidence of this (other than the advert from the dealer I bought it from). The engine runs perfectly – no nasty noises and as quiet and smooth as one of these should be. The service history, other than the fully stamped service book, was not supplied to me by the dealer I bought it from, despite requests for it to be sent. Both keys are present.
For its MOT, I have fitted the following new parts and done the following:
Front drop links (before the MOT as previous ones were knocking)
Front brake flexible hoses (it failed MOT on the old ones)
One new metal front brake pipe
New front lower suspension arms both sides (n/s bush failed MOT, o/s was an advisory so both replaced)
New o/s lower balljoint was fitted.
Rear brake flexible hoses (again advisories, but replaced in the interest of safety)
Rear handbrake shoes both sides
N/S handbrake cable
Rear pads and discs - these were an advisory on the MOT, the old ones didn’t look great so were replaced with new
One of the exhaust sensors had become disconnected – reconnected this and cleaned MAF sensor to sort emissions out

It drives really well, very ‘tight’ with no knocks or bangs from the suspension or anywhere else.
Bad points:
Radio doesn’t work (no sound). It’s a HU-850, they all do that. Easy and cheap to replace with a more up to date Android unit (from about £35 on Ebay, plus fitting kit)
Small chip in the windscreen

It is due a service, so the dash message tells me. Front o/s alloy has a very slow leak – easy to fix by any tyre shop

Overall, it’s pretty good for the age and miles. To quote the MOT tester “It’s a really good car”. The interior is in good condition, and the wheels are in generally good condition. All the hideously expensive, main-dealer-only mechanical bits work. I have owned this car since August 2021 and I used it for a month, before a manual (which I prefer) XC70 came up. I didn’t have the time (or cash) to do anything with it until recently.

All in all, it is a good, usable car, that has had a good number of new parts fitted, and anything safety related attended to as needed. Great for the winter or if you need a go (almost) anywhere car that is comfortable, for the dogs, or for tip runs. Great on fuel and a great car for doing a distance.

Car is located in Gloucester, not far from J11 and 11A of the M5. I think that is everything, by all means PM me with any questions. I am happy if anyone wants to come and look at it.
Payment by bank transfer or Paypal friends and family (or you pay any fees) only

£3500
daveystoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2022, 18:50   #2
Challo

£3500 does seem strong money for one with that mileage, and especially with those cheap and ‘easy’ fixes. If your expecting that kind of money, would it not make sense to fit a cheap radio, and get the tyre changed?

Obviously only my opinion. Good luck with the sale
Challo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2022, 08:47   #3
daveystoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challo View Post
£3500 does seem strong money for one with that mileage, and especially with those cheap and ‘easy’ fixes. If your expecting that kind of money, would it not make sense to fit a cheap radio, and get the tyre changed?

Obviously only my opinion. Good luck with the sale
I don't want to get shirty, but, the tyre doesn't need changing, it just needs the bead sealing (go round with a wire brush once the tyre is off and refit the tyre). The car isn't taxed, so it's not straightforward to get it done as I can't drive it to a tyre shop. It will cost about a fiver to do and really isn't major.
As regards the radio, that is too much of a personal preference. Better to let anyone who buys it fit the one they want.
Also, not sure what you mean by 'cheap and 'easy' fixes'. There has been a lot of work done on the car, and it's now a very good one (according the the MOT tester), any wear and safety items have been sorted out.

Excuse my irritation, but there are few things more annoying than people offering their unsolicited opinion on for sale threads. If you aren't interested in buying, just ignore the post. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to daveystoat For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 19th, 2022, 11:58   #4
daveystoat

Still here. Open to a fair offer
Old Dec 21st, 2022, 18:14   #5
myfirstv70

Default Further unsolicited comment......

'Excuse my irritation, but there are few things more annoying than people offering their unsolicited opinion on for sale threads. If you aren't interested in buying, just ignore the post. Thanks.'

Well you did choose to post it on a forum....it is a place for discussion and I believe that Challo's advice was well intended rather than trying to cause you angst....

In any event; a minor point.....you might like to include some photos then people won't have to guess the colour?

Good luck with the sale.
myfirstv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2023, 14:57   #6
daveystoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstv70 View Post
'Excuse my irritation, but there are few things more annoying than people offering their unsolicited opinion on for sale threads. If you aren't interested in buying, just ignore the post. Thanks.'

Well you did choose to post it on a forum....it is a place for discussion and I believe that Challo's advice was well intended rather than trying to cause you angst....

In any event; a minor point.....you might like to include some photos then people won't have to guess the colour?

Good luck with the sale.
Thanks. It's a for sale thread, NOT a discussion thread.

If people want to know more, or get pictures they can always PM me,

In case anyone was wondering, the colour is Titanium Grey
Old Jan 8th, 2023, 00:36   #7
rabbitrr

218k miles and some minor wear related work done.

Serious questions... for one of these at that mileage.
When was the gearbox oil last changed, by who (dealer would be nice) and method used (full replacement or part replacement).
When we're the 4c shocks last changed, we're oem (volvo badged used or just oem)
Has it ever been used for towing?

Serious interest here, looking for the right XC70.
240 GLE 2.3 Estate, 740 GLE 2.3 Estate, 440 Turbo, 760 GLE 2.8 (V6) Estate
rabbitrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rabbitrr For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 9th, 2023, 09:51   #8
daveystoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitrr View Post
218k miles and some minor wear related work done.

Serious questions... for one of these at that mileage.
When was the gearbox oil last changed, by who (dealer would be nice) and method used (full replacement or part replacement).
When we're the 4c shocks last changed, we're oem (volvo badged used or just oem)
Has it ever been used for towing?

Serious interest here, looking for the right XC70.
I have PM'ed you.
Old Feb 13th, 2023, 15:21   #9
daveystoat

This is still available, I have got the leaky alloy fixed now. It's a really good car that drives perfectly. I am open to a fair offer.
Old Feb 23rd, 2023, 12:47   #10
daveystoat

Pictures can be found here https://imgur.com/a/rvk0qbC