Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Torque converter lockup adjustment

Views : 539

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 5th, 2019, 05:44   #1
sikalintta

Default Torque converter lockup adjustment

I drove several years FWD V70 -05 with D5244T and 5-speed Aisin auto gearbox. It worked absolutely perfectly.

I recently bought XC70 -05 with same setup, and the gearbox is behaving a bit differently. I think there's nothing wrong with it generally, oils have been changed regularly, no flaring or clunking.

But the torque converter lockup occurs on higher rpm's and it also opens the lock earlier than FWD. It's really annoying to drive because on my daily commute the traffic speed is usually 80 km/h, and it's just a bit too slow for the lockup, causing poorer diesel consumption and such.

V70 lockups on D-mode ~1750 rpm, XC70 needs ~2000 rpm. And when coasting, V70 releases the lock @ ~1500 rpm, XC70 @ ~1750 rpm. Maybe it has something to do with different final drive ratio or different kind of a drive train but it's kind of annoying.

Also XC70 consumes surprisingly much more diesel than FWD V70, which is partly because of this.

Is there any way to adjust the torque converter? If the TCM is resetted and adaptation drive is performed, will it affect on lockup behaviour?

Also can someone with same setup XC70 (D5244T, 5-speeed Aisin Geartronic) confirm that this is normal for these cars.
sikalintta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2019, 15:42   #2
sikalintta

Did the adaptation reset for the transmission. As I expected, it didn't have any notable effects.

Any thoughts? Is this XC-model's feature, is it adjustable or is it just wear in tranny's valve system?
sikalintta is offline   Reply With Quote