Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Removing the front bumper cover

Views : 160885

Replies : 60

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 1st, 2010, 17:03   #31
Thassos
GoldMember

Smile Plastic clips on front bumper P/N 1268176

The round plastic fastners (these are on the top edge under where the front edge of the bonnet closes) are volvo P/N 1268176, you simply press the centre in youll hear a pop noise (the centre drops a few mm) then you can pull the whole round clip out. Good idea to have a spare 1 or 2 although they seem pretty re-useable unlike some cheaper imitations ive seen. Because the centre doesnt fall thru (unless you apply too much force) you dont spend ages hunting around for a plastic bit that pinged off somewhere in the engine bay !
Thassos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thassos For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 02:41   #32
mikemac53

Hi Capt - please forgive an old timer that needs to request a clarification. I own a 2008 S60 - no headlamp washers...is the procedure the same? Since I need to replace my entire front bumper cover I need to ask - once all of the fasteners have been removed, are there any other items actually atached to the bumper cover. For example - the headlight lenses, grille, etc. - or does the cover mount & fit over these items?

Many thanks

Mike
mikemac53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2010, 10:25   #33
Alpha206
S60 Reg Keeper (Retired)

Headlight lenses stay on the car, but the grille is an integral part of the bumper cover - but unclips from it.

MY05 S60 2.0T SE...no more
MY16 V60 T6 Polestar
MY71 H.S.121-3B-101

http://www.savethetrident.co.uk/

Campaign to save G-ARPO, the last surviving Trident 1C
Alpha206 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alpha206 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 11:33   #34
Georgey dee
Premier Member

Here are a few pictures of 'how to' when I took mine off to replace the intercooler and fit HIDs

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...91&postcount=1
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 13:24   #35
obbard
fed up of snooty people

Great Pics thanks really helped earlier easiest way to rmove radiator on own by creating space, i hope i can get all back together now!!

Last edited by obbard; Nov 29th, 2010 at 13:28.
obbard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to obbard For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 14:38   #36
costajus

I have a 2002 S80 and the front bumper removal is slightly different - see the attached file from VADIS.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf S80 headlamp wiper motor.pdf (246.4 KB, 58 views)
costajus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to costajus For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 13:04   #37
princepugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsv View Post
Both rubbing strips removed with fingers
2x 12mm bolts removed
6x push out plug things above grill
On each side, I had an additional plastic/nylon nut and bolt/screw on the bottom corner of the horizontal part of the bumper (just before the wheel arch). Think this was a 10mm nut and the bolt had a slot for flat head screwdriver.
Not a job to be recommended for a bone-chilling December day but all was completed successfully thanks to the useful guide. On my 2001 V70 T5, as per LSVs post, there are two extra bolts on each side of the bumper, at the bottom which fix into the bottom of the wheel arch plastics. Also, I noted that the top lip of the side parts of the bumper fix into slots, which are awkward to undo, especially on a bone-chilling December day

Good news is, all of the radiators look in good condition and I’ve got my fog lights out for a clean.

The hole.

Car looks a bit sad when de-robed.
princepugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 09:07   #38
Tommytjs

Thumbs up

Thank you for the information about the bumper. I had an accident on Sunday morning when I hit some black ice and ended up in a hedge. The near side half of the bumper popped off when the tow truck pulled me out. No other damage to the car. I'm going this morning to have a go at putting it back on so thank you for your post. I will update as soon as I get it sorted.
Tommytjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 23:20   #39
Tommytjs

Default Great all sorted.

I followed the instructions to remove the front bumper and it was great. Managed to remove and sort everything out then re-install the bumper with no problems at all. Thank you for posting the information as I know I couldn't have fixed the car without it.
Tommytjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 15:07   #40
ACman

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcaveman View Post
This has quite clearly been no use to anybody as not one person has commented, oh well it was posted in good faith ill keep my comments to myself in future.
I haver just joined the Forum and appreciated your comment on removing the S60 front bumper. I have just been diagnosed a split intercooler. Quote was £350 fully fitted. Bumper looks straight forward to remove and intercooler should be OK to fit. Just need to find a cheap place to buy one.
Many thanks
Richard
ACman is offline   Reply With Quote