Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

roof box on XC60

Views : 1646

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 29th, 2014, 19:00   #11
andymcp
Premier Member

That's all I ever did with the freelander (a few cm taller than the xc60 I think). I was only ever loading/unloading at the start and end of holiday trips, the roof box was never a 'working' storage space, so it didn't happen often enough to cause any damage - never bothered with protection.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 19:12   #12
GMcL
0's and 1's

Forgot to mention, when putting the box on the car I carried it on my head and slid it on sideways onto the rails.
For loading I stood on the rear wheel, everything was bagged, the big things went on first and slid them forwards. Small items were added by standing on the sills as suggested.
Having a roof box that opens from both sides helps immensely here.

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GMcL For This Useful Post:
Old May 30th, 2014, 02:01   #13
inego

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcL View Post
Having a roof box that opens from both sides helps immensely here.
It's a great thing about the thule ones.

I've got the bars on the xc60, but haven't used the roof box or bike racks yet. The bikes were bad enough on the Scout, even standing on the sills.
Old Jun 27th, 2014, 11:50   #14
manchev

Default Roof boxs

I find the thule 200 pretty good, I have a fridge (that's on 24/7) and charger so I never get a flat battery, these are in the back of the car. With 2 kids under the age of 3 years the extra storage helps a lot. Please find attached image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg box3.jpg (184.1 KB, 18 views)
manchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2014, 15:51   #15
volvorocks
Rodney

Posted this before.Not sure whether these are suitable for roofboxes but for bikes/boats etc brilliant. Different sizes for different cars motorhomes etc

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote