Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

How to check MAF

Views : 1906

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 28th, 2011, 17:06   #11
owyn
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pictureimage View Post
Hi,

My 52 plate T5 is kinda similar, at low down speeds ie pulling away it seems quite energetic, however once it speeds up it doesn't seem to go quite as I think it should.

I've looked into the Boost solenoid and they're not too bad to buy so maybe that first as I'm told it can make quite a difference. Out of interest do you hear the turbo spin up on these things. I'm using to driving VW diesels where you can always here the turbo whining.

C
mine sounds a lot like yours, far from being rapid it tends to feel a bit pedestrian, I can hear the turbo with the windows open and definitely get lag.
owyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 21:14   #12
JimmyAky

i will let u know how i get on at the dealer or friday. I bought a MAF of ebay of a breaker yesterday for £30 hoping that may work fingers crossed
JimmyAky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 11:51   #13
JimmyAky

had my car in this morning and it turned up no fault codes on engine.

I put a MAF off a breacker yesterday and didnt seem to make much differnence to the performance.
The MAF i have on my car is working as should said the garage.

My cruise control wasnt working so i got them to look at that. Said it wasnt connected on the pedal so he did that. Turned the engine regular service light out and low and behold the car seems to be pulling a hell of alot better.

Is it possible that the cruise control not working and the service light being on would make any difference to the performance?

The bloke said he would replace the boost control valve as he said he thought the car was holding back on boost
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 21:04   #14
pictureimage

Hi Everyone,

Well changed the cam belt, water pump and auxiliary belt today and whilst at it decided to change the boost solenoid valve. Took it for a spin afterwards it's like a different car. Clearly the old one was a fault somehow. Amazing difference and all for replacing such a cheap small part. Under hard acceleration i can now hear the turbo.

Good news

Chris
pictureimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 16:35   #15
JimmyAky

how much did the valve cost?
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 20:58   #16
pictureimage

Trade it was £40 + VAT.

Easy to fit too. Probably would take you under 5 minutes to put in. It's nice and accessible and is fixed to the left side of the airbox. It just has a couple of vacuum pipes and an electrical connector.

Last edited by pictureimage; Jul 12th, 2011 at 21:02.
pictureimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 21:40   #17
JimmyAky

Smile

yeah gonna buy one tomorrow pay day.