Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T5 main dealer service

Views : 2141

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 21st, 2012, 17:05   #1
iainmd

Default T5 main dealer service

Just thought I'd share the extremely good experience I've just had with the local Volvo main dealer (Murray Volvo, Sighthill, Edinburgh).

My T5 is now 8yrs old and has covered 84,000 miles. It's been very reliable and needed little other than standard service parts but having been serviced by independent garages since 20,000 miles I decided I would have it serviced by Volvo if just to receive the latest software for the car.

The service cost £220 (the same as the last time an indy serviced it) and had the following benefits:

- New software has erradicated the flat spots my engine used to have. It revs beautifully now and is much smoother.
- 1 year's roadside assistance included as part of the service.
- Washed and cleaned inside as well.
- Open and honest with no sign of work done for the sake of it.

I had avoided main dealers for years as I'd had some bad experiences and very high costs
but this time it's been brill!

Iain

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iainmd For This Useful Post:
Old May 21st, 2012, 18:54   #2
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Good to hear and one for the 'Good Garage' list.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 00:27   #3
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Can I ask what was actually done in the service? as I'm tempted to go the main dealer route to get the latest software updates, won't be the next service as I'm due a free one from arnold clark, actually I may try and wangle the software update as part of the free service.....
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:09   #4
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
Can I ask what was actually done in the service? as I'm tempted to go the main dealer route to get the latest software updates, won't be the next service as I'm due a free one from arnold clark, actually I may try and wangle the software update as part of the free service.....
nonsense get it remapped instead !!!

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:36   #5
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
nonsense get it remapped instead !!!
Its on the list, but the service is free due to the fcuk up arnold clark pollockshaws did of trying to sort an issue in the first 2 weeks I owned the car!!, My works a bit up in the air at the minute, we've lost about 50-60% of or work as they've replaced 2 of the systems with one that we don't use, in a 12 hour dayshift I maybe do about 1-2 hours work the rest is trying to look busy!, the catch the company have is that they still need us in overnight, so we're not sure if they're going to cut numbers and do away with dayshift, or retrain us to do other useful work during the day!, knowing the companies training record its prob some redundencies so I'm trying not to do any 'unecessary' spending until I know whats what, & unfortunately a remap falls into that catagory!!
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post:
Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:06   #6
Welton
Premier Member

Main dealer have been trying to compete with other garages to keep the punters coming in, it probably works too.
2018 Infiniti Q30 1.6T Business Executive (what's this button do?)
Welton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:52   #7
Vanderlei
life's short, wanna T5

do u know what has been done?? just oil and filters or smth else??
Vanderlei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 16:59   #8
iainmd

I'll see what's noted when I get home but it was the 8yr/96k standard Volvo service with software updates included.

Not too fussed about a remap myself as the car has enough power for me. I thought about a remap though in the hope that it did iron out those flat spots but the Volvo update has done what I wanted and without the added insurance issues.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iainmd For This Useful Post:
Old May 24th, 2012, 00:45   #9
Bendolfc
Premier Member

Based on your experience I thought I'd give my local dealer a call for a price for a service on my 2.0D for its 112K service. Price I was given was £480 and managed to get them to bring it down to £430, which still seems a bit high to me. Have got an independent calling me tomorrow with a price once he has worked it out from the schdule on VIDA.

I know diesels cost a bit more to service than petrol but thats a bit more than I was expecting, and its DPF free.

Last edited by Bendolfc; May 24th, 2012 at 00:50.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2012, 07:04   #10
Welton
Premier Member

I booked mine into the dealer yesterday for an 'Essential Service' @ £149.00 plus I got them to add the £22.00 for a fully synthetic oil upgrade but I did find out something - the essential service does not include software updates! I've had to add another £33.00 for those.

I was told last year that the software was included but it seems not so I'm 2 years out of date (I hope there is some beneficial update for mine rather than just being told so).

Price then will be £204.00 inc VAT and that Stamp in the book.
2018 Infiniti Q30 1.6T Business Executive (what's this button do?)
Welton is offline   Reply With Quote