Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC70 SE Sport 2008 Bluetooth Connectivity

Views : 415

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 23rd, 2023, 23:35   #1
Yorkshiremadmick

Default XC70 SE Sport 2008 Bluetooth Connectivity

Hi I can pair my phone (iPhone 12 pro max) to the car, I can make a call, or accept a call. They can hear me loud and clear, I can’t hear them?
Can anyone please advise?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Yorkshiremadmick; Oct 24th, 2023 at 02:23. Reason: Title
Yorkshiremadmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2023, 16:22   #2
Kev0607
Premier Member

Newer phones with old in-car bluetooth systems generally don't work too well.

I think the issue you're experiencing is you're trying to connect a new (ish) phone to a car with a 15 year old system.

Try connecting an older phone to it to see if it works. If it does, you've found your problem.
Old Oct 25th, 2023, 08:21   #3
carswaps

Can you hear the call 'Ringing' before the person answers?

Probably a daft thing to say but...Have you tried turning up the in-call volume using the radio volume button?
carswaps is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to carswaps For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 25th, 2023, 15:27   #4
Yorkshiremadmick

Hi Kev,
Spot on. Deleted 12pro max, put sim in 6plus connected 6plus
Yep 👍🏻 all worked as should.
Not sure what to do now 🤪😜🤪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post
Newer phones with old in-car bluetooth systems generally don't work too well.

I think the issue you're experiencing is you're trying to connect a new (ish) phone to a car with a 15 year old system.

Try connecting an older phone to it to see if it works. If it does, you've found your problem.
Yorkshiremadmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2023, 11:51   #5
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
Hi Kev,
Spot on. Deleted 12pro max, put sim in 6plus connected 6plus
Yep 👍🏻 all worked as should.
Not sure what to do now 🤪😜🤪
Hi there!

The options you have are;

-Use an older phone to connect to the car for bluetooth purposes whilst driving it (like you already did), but that means having two phones and not being able to use the new 12 pro max!

-Get an up-to-date system installed. There's radio's nowadays that have all sorts like top notch bluetooth connectivity, Apple Car Play and so on... basically a system what a much newer Volvo or other car would have, but aftermarket. Apple Car Play basically connects to your iphone, so you can play music, get directions on sat-nav and much more all at the touch of an integrated screen.

A decent auto electrician should point you in the right direction. Downside is, these aftermarket radio's aren't cheap and could easily cost a few hundred by the time you buy it and pay fitting charges. However, if you plan on keeping the car long term and want to be able to connect modern phones to the car, it may be worth it.

The cheapest option, if you want to keep your existing radio and aren't bothered about having all the modern gizmo's, would be to fit just a more modern bluetooth system purely for talking on the phone. There's one called a Parrot I used to use a few years back. It was good, but the audio quality wasn't the best, but did fine for what I needed it for. I imagine, since then, there's other options to the basic Parrot I had out there.

Let me know what you decide/how you get on.

Last edited by Kev0607; Oct 26th, 2023 at 11:57.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2023, 20:31   #6
Tatsfield
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post
There's one called a Parrot I used to use a few years back. It was good, but the audio quality wasn't the best, but did fine for what I needed it for. I imagine, since then, there's other options to the basic Parrot I had out there.
@Yorkshiremadmick I have a Parrot unit that I never got on with and now no longer need as my 2013 XC70 has an integrated Bluetooth system that works very well. Parrot do some very sophisticated ones with screens which I used for several years on a 2003 Peugeot Coupe and which was very good but got taken by the insurers when the car was written off. The one I still have is pretty basic and has no visual output. It is quite small and has a power lead for a 12v car socket. PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post in a Jiffy bag. I just kept it because I am an inveterate hoarder! If it works you could plug it in one of the sockets and keep it in the central storage box.
Old Oct 26th, 2023, 22:19   #7
Andmurph

I use an iPhone 12pro in my 2010 V70 and had exactly the same problem initially. Many google searches later I came across a suggestion that sounded bizarre but it did fix the issue.

You need to connect the phone to the car via Bluetooth.

Make an outgoing call and when the call is answered turn up the volume using the button on the side of the iPhone.

If necessary also turn up the volume in the car.

There needs to be a connected call in progress for this to work properly.

Mine has been good ever since. I hope it works for you!
Andmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andmurph For This Useful Post: