Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Heated Steering Wheel

Views : 3830

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 17th, 2018, 20:27   #1
IainMcL1970

Default Heated Steering Wheel

Although this is the third Volvo I have had with the optional winter pack, this is the first one with a heated steering wheel.

Picking it up a few weeks ago in the heat wave I didn't think to ask how the steering wheel heating is switched on/off. Had a wander through the controls but can't see anything.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks.
Old Aug 17th, 2018, 20:33   #2
Chief inspector
Master Member

On the Sensus screen for the drivers heated seat, press that and it opens up the tab showing the seat and the steering wheel.

In winter - buried in the options - you can configure both on from every start.
Old Aug 17th, 2018, 20:47   #3
IainMcL1970

Thanks ... will have a look tomorrow
Old Aug 18th, 2018, 01:29   #4
Quacker
Premier Member

The tab you need is the temperature one at the bottom right of the screen. It's always there on the home screen.

You can use voice control and say "steering heat on" or 'Off" which works well but only switches on to the higher setting.
If you configure it, in Winter, to come on with every cold start, you can make it default to on on any of the three heat settings.
Old Aug 20th, 2018, 18:43   #5
IainMcL1970

Found it ... thanks.
Old Aug 20th, 2018, 22:32   #6
Driver Dave

Not just in Winter, my heated seats and wheel have come on a few times in the past week when the morning temp has been below 10°C!
Old Aug 21st, 2018, 10:43   #7
S90
IT Guru

Would be nice if we could set the trigger temp. The last few days up here have been a bit chilly, maybe 13 degrees C and it would be handy if it could be set to come on at a temp set by the user.
Old Aug 21st, 2018, 13:02   #8
uro1

I just disable the function in spring and will activate it again in fall. Less work than fiddling with temperature settings.
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 13:08   #9
TheDufster

I love my heated steering wheel - have it on from October to March!!!

However, I was just browsing the car configurator on the Volvo UK website - I thought that the heated steering wheel used to come as part of a "Winter Pack".

The Winter Pack doesn't appear anywhere and I can't see any option to add heated steering wheel. I can see that heated seats appear to be standard and you can opt for heated windscreen instead of HUD but no heated steering wheel.

Have they stopped allowing this as an option?

XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design
TheDufster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 14:01   #10
jonnyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDufster View Post
I love my heated steering wheel - have it on from October to March!!!

However, I was just browsing the car configurator on the Volvo UK website - I thought that the heated steering wheel used to come as part of a "Winter Pack".

The Winter Pack doesn't appear anywhere and I can't see any option to add heated steering wheel. I can see that heated seats appear to be standard and you can opt for heated windscreen instead of HUD but no heated steering wheel.

Have they stopped allowing this as an option?
In my country they have 2 winter packs: winter pack and winter pack pro.
I have the winter pack but no heated steering wheel because that was part of the winter pack pro.
Volvo plays around with packs like this but for sure you can find it as a standalone option.