Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Order options options options

Views : 2518

Replies : 36

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 10th, 2018, 13:29   #1
macklij
Member since 2007

Default XC60 Order options options options

I am just researching, preparing to purchase an XC60 in the next few days. I have got most of it worked out - it will probably be an T5 Inscription (mainly for the seat comfort (though a £4k price hike over Momentum for that and little else of value to me is a lot) with a couple of packs (Xenium, Intellisafe) and a few options, which will include air suspension, 4 zone climate and heated rear seats.

I am debating on a couple of other options though, and would be grateful for comments from anyone with experience of:

1. Harmon/Kardon audio upgrade. This is new for MY2019 so their isn't much feedback yet. I like my audio to be refined and would love the B&W but can't justify it. I definitely dont wan't a bass heavy boom-box on wheels, I wan't a more hi-fi audio sound. Can anybody whose heard the H/K offer any insight?

2. The Polestar pack. It doesn't do much to the numbers, but how much does it actually improve the driving experience?

Thanks in advance.
macklij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 14:07   #2
Goodshot

Make sure you test drive the seats you want in a car with with similar spec and wheel size/suspension - just to make sure.
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 14:32   #3
macklij
Member since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodshot View Post
Make sure you test drive the seats you want in a car with with similar spec and wheel size/suspension - just to make sure.
Thanks for this - appreciated. It's difficult to find examples of the car you want, let alone test drive one... I ended up looking at an Inscription when down in Exeter. Here in London/Kent all I can find are R-Designs and Momentums.

BTW, I see you have ordered the Inscription Pro. It was the wheel size that worried me about the Pro - not only because of comfort but my inability to keep them scrape free! But it will probably have better residuals than an Inscription with many options.
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 14:49   #4
Crockers
Premier Member

Have to admit id prefer the Inscription Pro on 19" wheels. Oh well we'll have to wait and see.
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 14:54   #5
macklij
Member since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
On Order XC60'Inscription Pro. Mussel Blue with blonde. Xenium, int pro, towbar, 4 zone , polestar, fancy pack T5
Precisely that. BTW, what's a fancy pack?
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 15:12   #6
Fursty Ferret

I have Harmon Kardon in my 2015 V60. Not particularly impressed; speakers are muffled and rattle at medium volume. Gone for standard in the replacement car.
Fursty Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 15:20   #7
macklij
Member since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fursty Ferret View Post
I have Harmon Kardon in my 2015 V60. Not particularly impressed; speakers are muffled and rattle at medium volume. Gone for standard in the replacement car.
Thanks. That is a concern then. I am changing from my old V50 T5 which I have had since new. It has 'Premium sound' which has been good. But for £835 I want better
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 15:51   #8
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Dont waste your money on upgraded audio, the standard audio is more than good enough for any car, in fact it is a really good system.
I have had a loan car with the upgraded audio and was not impressed at all considering it was then a £3000 optional extra.
I honestly did not think it was better than my standard system, at least not for what I use a radio for, mainly a bit of background noise. Listening to FM radio. I think my standard system is fantastic. It drowns out the tyre/road noise with great effect. (XC90 inscription)
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 16:43   #9
MaDProFF
Master Member

I have the upgraded HK system, (not to be confused with the B&W that is £3.5k) I don't have any issues. sounds pretty good.
(I don't have nothing to compare it to either though from the other options in a XC60) it is certainly not a muffled sounding no rattling speakers, if speakers rattle normally means cones or drivers broken.

I intend to add Polestar, not too sure it available yet for MY19
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MaDProFF For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 10th, 2018, 16:53   #10
ah394

I have the H & K sound system in my XC60 and I find it very impressive.
Before I ordered my XC60 I had a test drive in one with the standard system, which seemed OK but nothing to shout about.
Just as I was ordering mine they bought out the H & K option so I took a punt and ordered it. Did not regret that, it seems to pack quite a punch yet gives the more subtle music passages good clarity. Definitely worth the money in my view.
ah394 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ah394 For This Useful Post: