Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Non Volvo service

Views : 2794

Replies : 49

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 12th, 2020, 13:59   #21
barrybritcher
Flaccid Member

how new is the car in question, 5 to 6 years old right?

no-one is going to care if its FVSH, as long as it's got FSH.

if you arent planning to sell the car, even less of a thign to worry about.

I would want to keep the dealer on side so they perform the servicing without getting bitter
barrybritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to barrybritcher For This Useful Post:
Old May 12th, 2020, 14:11   #22
Rustyfrog
Grumpy Pond Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie34 View Post
Where is Rybrook Volvo in Preston? I wasn't aware that Preston Motor Parks is an offshoot of Rybrook.
Rybrook are the new Volvo dealers in Preston, based at Bluebell Way, Fulwood, Preston, along with several other main dealers. I had my V90 serviced by them just after they opened. Brand new premises and a real friendly team. They even lent me an XC90 T8 for the day!

The old Volvo dealer (Doves, Preston) was located some 3 miles away. I did use them in the past for servicing without a problem. It is they who are part of the Motorpark setup.
Interestingly they do have other branches in the country who are Volvo main dealers.

.................................................. ..
I thought that growing old would take a little longer
Rustyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rustyfrog For This Useful Post:
Old May 12th, 2020, 16:14   #23
stevieR

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrybritcher View Post
how new is the car in question, 5 to 6 years old right?

no-one is going to care if its FVSH, as long as it's got FSH.

if you arent planning to sell the car, even less of a thign to worry about.

I would want to keep the dealer on side so they perform the servicing without getting bitter
You don`t get this at all...
I care about FVSH.
I don`t want to sell my car,I prefer to keep it as long as I can.
The dealer you are defending does now not represent Volvo so I would not use him anyway.
I am not bitter at all,I am looking forward to my next email from them so I can plan my next move.
stevieR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevieR For This Useful Post:
Old May 12th, 2020, 16:15   #24
barrybritcher
Flaccid Member

yea I hope it gets resolved, very bizarre
barrybritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to barrybritcher For This Useful Post:
Old May 12th, 2020, 17:14   #25
green van man
Premier Member

Win or loose the case they would never see my car again.

I work on the principle no one's perfect and we all make mistakes, this was no mistake, this was deception. They would get no second chance.

While you have had an oil change you have not had a service as part of the volvo service is connection to the diagnostics for any updates that may be due your car.
My dealer tells me they never know if a car is updated or if it is what is updated as it is all automatic with the car and sweden talking to each other. The dealer has no input and no know lage of if what or when. So if they try to tell you it is same same tell them to do one.

What about canceling the direct debit and just going elsewhere. Yes you would of broken the agreement but they did so first by not telling you they were no longer volvo dealers.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post:
Old May 12th, 2020, 17:58   #26
stevieR

Quote:
Originally Posted by green van man View Post
Win or loose the case they would never see my car again.

I work on the principle no one's perfect and we all make mistakes, this was no mistake, this was deception. They would get no second chance.

While you have had an oil change you have not had a service as part of the volvo service is connection to the diagnostics for any updates that may be due your car.
My dealer tells me they never know if a car is updated or if it is what is updated as it is all automatic with the car and sweden talking to each other. The dealer has no input and no know lage of if what or when. So if they try to tell you it is same same tell them to do one.

What about canceling the direct debit and just going elsewhere. Yes you would of broken the agreement but they did so first by not telling you they were no longer volvo dealers.

Paul.
Thanks for your reply,
Things are moving on,service plan with Emach is cancelled and acknowledged,I have no problem with that company at all.I am focussed on Preston Motorparks and they know it.Steve
The Following User Says Thank You to stevieR For This Useful Post:
Old May 12th, 2020, 18:54   #27
e123

Have you asked doves to pay the £119 to reinstate the Volvo Assistance?
e123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to e123 For This Useful Post:
Old May 12th, 2020, 19:17   #28
scbamber

Perhaps Motorparks might be willing to settle by agreeing to pay whatever the local accredited dealer will charge to put it all right, as they would find that a much more attractive option than having Trading Standards go for their jugular.

Ideally you get them to pay a proper Volvo agent to service it completely again so you get what you really need and want (ie the software upgrade, Volvo Assist and thus peace of mind all round). Having them pay for the software update (even if an agent agreed to do just that) plus a year's AA breakdown is not enough.

My other thought about helping "persuade" them is the Small Claims Court. It is easy, well explained on the website with clear examples of the wording of your letter, and cheap..you get the modest fee back when you win. I have used it three times in my professional life....twice against solicitors firms who had not paid our bills for professional services to them despite polite reminders: both firms paid by return when they got the second and final letter from me by recorded delivery. In those cases I had not even started the Small Claims process, just threatened it, and of course I meant it.

The other one was different. We had done work for the local NHS Health Trust under contract but not been paid. The CEO ignored reminders to pay, and ignored the two letters via the Small Claims procedure. I paid the fee and triggered the procedure itself.

I knew I was winning when the CEO phoned me on the morning I got my copy of the letter with the Court date, the same as he did. He did not mention the summons but pleasantly suggested we meet to discuss things. I replied "Yes, 1000h on 10 Jan in the Court. Goodbye". He was so stupid he had failed to pay up and was automatically summonsed to court. I prepared our evidence carefully and submitted it to the court in advance. He prepared nothing as evidence..nothing. The judge was great. He listened to my verbal evidence and asked a couple of simple questions about my written evidence. The CEO had literally nothing to say. The case was over in 15 minutes. The judge leaned forward, removed his specs and said "Mr X. You clearly understand nothing. In simple terms Dr B has won on every count, you are in the wrong, you have broken the contract, you have lost and you must pay his bill in 5 days plus interest for the 7 months, plus costs. Go away". The debt was just over £11000, and I'd split it into two claims so that each fell within the Small Claims limit per claim.

Moral of this overlong story...don't give in, and accept nothing less than what you had contracted to receive. Most of these debtors pay up before court when they know you mean business.The bonus is enormous satisfaction!

Good luck.

Last edited by scbamber; May 12th, 2020 at 19:34.
scbamber is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scbamber For This Useful Post:
Old May 12th, 2020, 20:02   #29
stevieR

Quote:
Originally Posted by e123 View Post
Have you asked doves to pay the £119 to reinstate the Volvo Assistance?
No,only just found out today you can actually buy that separately.
Old May 12th, 2020, 20:07   #30
stevieR

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbamber View Post
Perhaps Motorparks might be willing to settle by agreeing to pay whatever the local accredited dealer will charge to put it all right, as they would find that a much more attractive option than having Trading Standards go for their jugular.

Ideally you get them to pay a proper Volvo agent to service it completely again so you get what you really need and want (ie the software upgrade, Volvo Assist and thus peace of mind all round). Having them pay for the software update (even if an agent agreed to do just that) plus a year's AA breakdown is not enough.

My other thought about helping "persuade" them is the Small Claims Court. It is easy, well explained on the website with clear examples of the wording of your letter, and cheap..you get the modest fee back when you win. I have used it three times in my professional life....twice against solicitors firms who had not paid our bills for professional services to them despite polite reminders: both firms paid by return when they got the second and final letter from me by recorded delivery. In those cases I had not even started the Small Claims process, just threatened it, and of course I meant it.

The other one was different. We had done work for the local NHS Health Trust under contract but not been paid. The CEO ignored reminders to pay, and ignored the two letters via the Small Claims procedure. I paid the fee and triggered the procedure itself.

I knew I was winning when the CEO phoned me on the morning I got my copy of the letter with the Court date, the same as he did. He did not mention the summons but pleasantly suggested we meet to discuss things. I replied "Yes, 1000h on 10 Jan in the Court. Goodbye". He was so stupid he had failed to pay up and was automatically summonsed to court. I prepared our evidence carefully and submitted it to the court in advance. He prepared nothing as evidence..nothing. The judge was great. He listened to my verbal evidence and asked a couple of simple questions about my written evidence. The CEO had literally nothing to say. The case was over in 15 minutes. The judge leaned forward, removed his specs and said "Mr X. You clearly understand nothing. In simple terms Dr B has won on every count, you are in the wrong, you have broken the contract, you have lost and you must pay his bill in 5 days plus interest for the 7 months, plus costs. Go away". The debt was just over £11000, and I'd split it into two claims so that each fell within the Small Claims limit per claim.

Moral of this overlong story...don't give in, and accept nothing less than what you had contracted to receive. Most of these debtors pay up before court when they know you mean business.The bonus is enormous satisfaction!

Good luck.
Thanks for your reply,good story and encouragement.Where I am now is not an unsimilar route to yours.no emojiis for a cat playing with a mouse.
The Following User Says Thank You to stevieR For This Useful Post: