Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Yellow T5R estate for sale

Views : 2593

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 8th, 2010, 17:40   #1
George Gizum

Default Yellow T5R estate for sale

I've got a nice yellow T5R estate for sale, its got 157.000 miles on the clock,I've owned it for just under 10 years, when I bought it it had just had a complete brand new engine at 100.000 miles, I sent the ECU to SAM in Sweden who remaped it and the also supplied a free flow air filter kit, its recently had a complete stainless steel exhaust fitted & the gearbox was rebuilt at 151.000 miles, generally its a great car, I moved to somerset from surrey 4 years ago and have had to buy a diesel as I travel up and down every couple of weeks, and the only time it gets used is to and fro from the MOT station, I'm a bit sad about selling it as its been a great car but its not doing it any good sitting around outside.its just had a new MOT and is Taxed.
I'm not sure what its worth but I thought I would put it on the forum because it would be great to sell it to someone who would appreciate it,
I thought Around £3500 ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Volvo T5R 1.jpg (359.1 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg Volvo T5R 2.jpg (324.6 KB, 123 views)
George Gizum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 17:59   #2
st5ve
S60 R

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Gizum View Post
I've got a nice yellow T5R estate for sale, its got 157.000 miles on the clock,I've owned it for just under 10 years, when I bought it it had just had a complete brand new engine at 100.000 miles, I sent the ECU to SAM in Sweden who remaped it and the also supplied a free flow air filter kit, its recently had a complete stainless steel exhaust fitted & the gearbox was rebuilt at 151.000 miles, generally its a great car, I moved to somerset from surrey 4 years ago and have had to buy a diesel as I travel up and down every couple of weeks, and the only time it gets used is to and fro from the MOT station, I'm a bit sad about selling it as its been a great car but its not doing it any good sitting around outside.its just had a new MOT and is Taxed.
I'm not sure what its worth but I thought I would put it on the forum because it would be great to sell it to someone who would appreciate it,
I thought Around £3500 ?

Hi and welcome to the forum shame your first post is to sell the gul

To help your sale you may want to state what type of service history it has if any.
Transmision auto or manual?
New engine is that recon engine, brand new from Volvo or 2nd hand?
Why have you had to replace the engine and the transmision?
st5ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 18:28   #3
Eddy Matthews
VOC Member

I could be interested.... I assume you would be open to sensible offers?

A few questions first though....

#1. Can you post some more detailed photos both external and interior?
#2. Are there receipts to show the engine and gearbox replacements?
#3. New engine, recon, or secondhand?
#4. New gearbox, recon, or secondhand?
#5. Full 12 months MOT or less?
#6. Auto or manual?
#7. Apart from the remapped ECU, freeflow air filter etc, is the car standard?
#8. Do you know if any work is required at the moment, or in the near future?
#9. Do the tyres have decent (legal) tread on them?
#10. Do you have any previous history, ie service booklets, receipts for any work previously done, previous MOT certificates etc etc.

Regards
Eddy
Eddy Matthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 20:12   #4
st5ve
S60 R

George Gizum you do know you need to have 30 posts before you can reply to any PM's that may get sent to you?

Might be worth your while putting some contact details up or can we just guess your phone number?
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 23:09   #5
Eddy Matthews
VOC Member

Oh well, I showed my interest in the car, and after 3 days still no response.... Guess I'll have to look for another?

It's a shame as I was genuinely interested.... ho-hum....

Eddy
Eddy Matthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 17:36   #6
bonelorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Matthews View Post
Oh well, I showed my interest in the car, and after 3 days still no response.... Guess I'll have to look for another?

It's a shame as I was genuinely interested.... ho-hum....

Eddy
Some people do have other things to do other than been glued to a forum, I only get chance to go on twice a week at a push so be a bit more pateint mate

If its a good one its worth waiting for.
bonelorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 18:50   #7
volvo145
Premier Member

Hes been on a few times since he put up the ad,what does that tell you.?
volvo145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 22:55   #8
st5ve
S60 R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonelorry View Post
Some people do have other things to do other than been glued to a forum, I only get chance to go on twice a week at a push so be a bit more pateint mate

If its a good one its worth waiting for.
The guy is selling his car only posted once and has visited the forum a few times never answered any questions that have been put to him. What does that tell me? In my opinion if he is this lapse and care free about selling the car he would have had a hap hazzard approach to looking after it. Just my pennies worth
Old Jun 13th, 2010, 10:24   #9
bonelorry

Well just ignore his thread then, He obviously doesnt really want to sell it.

Checking his profile to see when he last logged in is borderline obsessive and something im not really interested in doing.

IMHO new members should have to make a minimum amount of posts before they can make threads in the for sale sections to stop this sort of thing happening
bonelorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2010, 11:07   #10
gmain1967
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonelorry View Post
Well just ignore his thread then, He obviously doesnt really want to sell it.

Checking his profile to see when he last logged in is borderline obsessive and something im not really interested in doing.

IMHO new members should have to make a minimum amount of posts before they can make threads in the for sale sections to stop this sort of thing happening
Well put bonelorry. I have noticed that there are more and more "new members", who appear, advertise a car or parts for sale, then disappear as quickly. That is not what the forum is for, IMO. You give and take info and items, not just use it as an auto jumble.

I fell into the trap when I bought alloys with "as new" tyres from a guy on the forum. Never been seen of since - "prokie" was his name. The "as new" tyres were binned within a week, and matched to the one decent Yokohama, at a cost of £300. Not quite the bargain I had thought....
gmain1967 is offline   Reply With Quote