Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Profess Autogas - Anybody had any dealings with

Views : 6646

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 27th, 2012, 18:21   #1
Laney760
VOC Member

Default Profess Autogas - Anybody had any dealings with

I've found a few good reviews on the net, anybody on the forum have any experiences with this company?

http://www.professautogas.co.uk/?gcl...FcENfAodaEQA5Q

Quote:

We are fully authorised factory AC STAG training providers
We exclusively install the latest intelligent self-adapting 'AC STAG' lpg kits.
We install more LPG conversion kits than any other UK autogas installer.
We buy direct from the lpg manufacturers in large quantities for which we attract a much larger discount.
We hold the most stock of LPG conversion kits, LPG tanks and other autogas components in the UK.
We install most of our LPG conversion kits in one day, further giving you savings.
To further reduce the cost we import all our autogas stock using dedicated transport.

They're quoting £700 inc vat for a 4 cylinder conversion with a lifetime parts and labour warranty

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL

Last edited by Laney760; Aug 27th, 2012 at 18:37.
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 20:20   #2
capt jack
VOC Member

Compared with what I understand things to be, those prices are remarkably low, and the advertised time taken of just one day is remarkably quick.

The market price is generally around the £1500 mark, and most convertors say that they need the car for three days or so.

Also a 'lifetime' warranty? Sounds amazing - it'd be interesting to read the small print of that one.

It may well be really really good, but when one company appears to be so very different from just about everyone else in the business then you have to ask yourself the question 'how can that be?'

It may well be that buy bulk-buying etc they can really get the prices down, but having been in touch over 8 years now with the firm that fitted my LPG conversion, and having seen installation work in progress during my visits there, the idea of the job being done in a day stretches my imagination a bit.

It sounds fantastic and it may be as good as is claimed, but personally, I'd be a bit sceptical.

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to capt jack For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 23:45   #3
Laney760
VOC Member

They are Polish, the Poles in this area are prepared to work hard for a reasonable rate, they are not greedy,perhaps this has something to do with it? Or maybe I'm being naive

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 09:32   #4
jayhl7

Cool They are fast and Cheap

Hi just seen this and as I had them fit a system on my 2004 T5 thought I would reply, I went with Profess as when I phoned up asking questions as one does told him the car his first reply was which size tank would you like 65 or 84 litre? no looking things up just straight off the top of his head as if he had done lots of convertions on my model of car! they did not manage to finish my car in one day but as I had a free courtesy car I did not mind and as there is no room for working in the engine bay I could understand, they normaly have 2 or 3 people working on each install so meaning that the job is done faster, I would take another car to profess if I had not changed my fuel source to WATER now running HHO on diesel and petrol Volvo's! I was very happy with the service I recieved from profess Cheers Jay
jayhl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 17:48   #5
DXMachina
I ate all your bees

dont bull**** us.. HHO / Water injection does NOT fuel the car, no water is converted to energy in the process, it just cools the injected fuel giving better expansion and slightly higher thermal efficiency

it cant even hope to get close to the cost per mile savings of running on LPG, nor does it allow running without petrol or diesel

I assume you;re an HHO kit salesman - or, as they are called elsewhere, a fraudster
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 18:27   #6
Bristol603

Please don't stop him - a good laugh is hard to come by! Perhaps he can explain how HHO generators work and overturn the laws of thermodynamics, i.e. you get out more energy than you put in. The conspiracy of the motor manufacturers, oil companies and governments to suppress/ignore this breakthrough technology is also worthwhile having him explain to us.
Bristol603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 19:15   #7
volvobaggen

I have looked a bit into HHO, I think the HHO people are just remapping and retuning the engine.

The transparent bubbling jar is only there to justify the high price they charge for this service.
volvobaggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 22:14   #8
tom-madbiker
Master Member

never dealt with profess auto gas but my friend had his v70 done by independant autogas very good service and a nice bloke too go on lpg forums his usr name is tubbs but if you are handy with aspanner and reasonably competant its not too difficult to do it yourself i have done three car so far my amazon my bros scimitar and my wifes rover 25 the rover was the only one that had injectors and was a bit of a pain but as long as you are methodical its ok

Last edited by tom-madbiker; Oct 7th, 2012 at 22:17.
tom-madbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 22:22   #9
tom-madbiker
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMachina View Post
dont bull**** us.. HHO / Water injection does NOT fuel the car, no water is converted to energy in the process, it just cools the injected fuel giving better expansion and slightly higher thermal efficiency

it cant even hope to get close to the cost per mile savings of running on LPG, nor does it allow running without petrol or diesel

I assume you;re an HHO kit salesman - or, as they are called elsewhere, a fraudster
water injection can be usful in some circumstances as if added to the intake charge it increases the density of the air improving performance spitfires used water injection generally on takeoff and during dogfights
tom-madbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 23:49   #10
volvobaggen

Yes, tubbs seem to be a helpful guy.

I agree, installing lpg is not hard, I have also done a couple of DIY´s. The hard part is to chose the right tank, placement of components and making it look nice and neat
volvobaggen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tag at your peril