Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Remote start and heating question

Views : 6481

Replies : 85

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 19th, 2016, 11:52   #71
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjo132 View Post
I saw my app updated this morning and was disappointed that the T8 doesn't have the option to remote start the ICE if you want to. When on holiday in the summer I wanted to use pre-conditioning to cool the car but as the battery was low it wouldn't do it. Surely having the ICE start when the battery is low is preferential to not start and no cooling!

Also after the update my battery level indication has disappeared from the app as wel. Let's see how long it takes to restore it!
My miles until empty was there at first, but then disappeared. Tried restarting the app etc but couldn't get it back. Then later it just re-appeared. The car had been used in that time, so maybe it was that.

:wq
Old Nov 21st, 2016, 11:19   #72
Hants

My App for Remote Start says "Running", but I haven't set the car to remote start - is this normal?
Hants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2016, 12:13   #73
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hants View Post
My App for Remote Start says "Running", but I haven't set the car to remote start - is this normal?
No, I haven't seen mine out of sync like that.

:wq
The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 21st, 2016, 12:35   #74
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
I find if you choose doors and locks it forces the app to update. See if that brings it back in sync.
Old Nov 21st, 2016, 12:56   #75
Hants

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
I find if you choose doors and locks it forces the app to update. See if that brings it back in sync.
Tried that and had no luck - in the end I pressed stop engine via VOC - it came back with message that "You cannot stop an engine that hasn't been started by remote start". After that it came back as "Not running"
Hants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21st, 2016, 12:59   #76
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Tried that and had no luck - in the end I pressed stop engine via VOC - it came back with message that "You cannot stop an engine that hasn't been started by remote start". After that it came back as "Not running"
I get the odd thing like doors unlocked when they are locked, but overall have found the app very good.
Old Nov 23rd, 2016, 00:00   #77
Considered1
Premier Member

Looks like we've all got it.
My (updated) app has been giving out some errors this evening like window open and engine running when it wasn't.

Just played around with it late tonight, on the front screen it said remote start 6 Degrees and in my amazement the engine started after I pressed it!

Wonder if it only allows remote start below a certain temp.

Many thanks to Volvo as this was one of my reasons for adding VOC to my order only to find it barred in the UK, or so `I was told.

Happy (warm mornings) days!
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2016, 00:24   #78
bod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
Looks like we've all got it.
My (updated) app has been giving out some errors this evening like window open and engine running when it wasn't.

Just played around with it late tonight, on the front screen it said remote start 6 Degrees and in my amazement the engine started after I pressed it!

Wonder if it only allows remote start below a certain temp.

Many thanks to Volvo as this was one of my reasons for adding VOC to my order only to find it barred in the UK, or so `I was told.

Happy (warm mornings) days!
It should work in hot weather as well,to cool the interior .
bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2020, 17:46   #79
Jarekh

Does anyone know how can I get remote start from my PCC key ? Manual says to press “lock” and then hold “light”for few seconds and engine should start.

Xc60 late 16 redesign lux nav
Jarekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2021, 11:03   #80
Mattyfocus

Default Remote start heating

Hi everyone. I’ve just installed the on-call function/app on my 2018 XC90 D5. I do not have the pre heat function via an auxiliary heater. When I start the car remotely via the app, it starts, but the heating and seats do not go on. Ive set the heating and seats to go on via the screen menu. And tries both versions of the app. Heating only goes on when I enter the car and turn the ignition knob. I then get the heated seats sign with an ‘A’ lit up. Any idea what I’m doing wrong? The dealership that re installed the on-call function are clueless…
Mattyfocus is offline   Reply With Quote