Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Original Technical Publications

Views : 15490

Replies : 66

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 16:44   #21
OldBlueVolvo
VOC Member

I've been having another look at these manuals and something I've noticed is that the text on the overall wiring diagrams at the back of the electrical manuals is unreadable! So it looks like I'll still have to refer to my hard copy for that.
OldBlueVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OldBlueVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 21:57   #22
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

I bought discs for the 700 and 900 series cars. My main reason for buying them was for the service information as Haynes manuals aren't as good as they used to be.

On the whole both discs are excellent and just what I was looking for.
My only concern with the 900 disc is the lack of info on the redblock engines.

I have asked about this and have been told that no engine manuals for the later redblock engines are available for the 940.

The company who produce the discs have offered to supply extra engine files from the 700 disc to those who have bought the 900 one. While this might help they can only be used as a guide though as it's likley there are changes on later engines.

It seems very strange that the engine manuals don't exist but I have a theory. I think that any info about the later engines may have been put onto VADIS to suppliment the earlier 740 manuals. I would be interested if anyone knows different.

I would suggest to anyone who is planning on buying the 900 disc to consider getting the 700 one as well or at least getting the extra files.

Despite the omissions on the 900 disc, both of them are still well worth having.
Steve940estate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve940estate For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 17:36   #23
222s
Amazoniste

Is this Mac compatible, and it it also possible to install it on an ipad, bearing in mind that I think that the ipad doesn't have a cd / dvd drive?

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 10:38   #24
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

I'm not an expert so can only read tha back of the case. It says,

Mac OS X 10.4 or above
For OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Apple's Rosetta needs to be installed on Intel-based Macs.

I struggled with the installation on my PC so hopefully someone who knows can offer some help.
From what I have found you need to be connected to the internet to access the info on the disc as you need the security stuff to be deactivated.
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 14:23   #25
Chris_C
Gopher

222s, the files are encrypted pdf's, with the extension *.pdc. The company used is Locklizard, their system called Safeguard, you need to use their dedicated viewer to read the DVD. Locklizard allow 3 readers to be used (it says three installations on the manually type thing, but I've noted it allows only 3 readers open on my pc too as each click opens a new reader). Make of that what you will. I am somewhat hoping the license they email you allows the reader to always open, just incase the worst should happen and Locklizard are not with us one day.

I'd have liked an Android viewer but it doesn't exist atm, I don't know enough about Mac's to know what you need but the Safeguard download page is http://www.locklizard.com/download_d...management.htm

As to whether there are any difference between the normal stuff and what is used on the OTP discs however, I've no idea, so a back of the box reading might be worth doing before committing!
Chris_C is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris_C For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 14:25   #26
OldBlueVolvo
VOC Member

The 'print screen' function has been disabled too...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldBlueVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 17:36   #27
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueVolvo View Post
The 'print screen' function has been disabled too...
I messed about with mine a lot and found you can print individual pages out. It's all done to prevent people printing off the whole book and then selling it but for those who have paid for the disc it really is a pain.
It isn't easy and as straightforward as it ought to be and you get a watermark on each page (a big Volvo badge) but you can see the information OK.

I am a bit worried about continued use if Locklizard dissapear. As mine is set up it won't open unless the internet is connected.
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 21:07   #28
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve940estate View Post
I am a bit worried about continued use if Locklizard dissapear. As mine is set up it won't open unless the internet is connected.
I have just tried opening the files when offline and it does work OK and I was wrong to say it didn't.
Not sure if the license can only be used 3 times on different computers or if it's done using your IP address.
Would be annoying if your computer broke a few times and you ended up not being able to use the disc. More likely it's to stop use of the discs by more than one person.
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 23:15   #29
thomasmann
Thomas Mann

Default Voc dvd

I've now got my VOC Volvo DVD and have had a most horrible struggle downloading the reader software and getting it authorised. I've had email correspondence with the producer of the LockLizard software which is required to view the files and the situation is not yet resolved. It has been most frustrating! I find the instructions, though copious and wordy are not easy to understand, especially the authorisation process.
TM
thomasmann is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thomasmann For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 14:58   #30
OldBlueVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasmann View Post
I've now got my VOC Volvo DVD and have had a most horrible struggle downloading the reader software and getting it authorised. I've had email correspondence with the producer of the LockLizard software which is required to view the files and the situation is not yet resolved. It has been most frustrating! I find the instructions, though copious and wordy are not easy to understand, especially the authorisation process.
TM
Did you install the PDF file reader called "SafeguardPDFViewer.exe"?

Did you receive an email with a couple of file attachments? The one you need to download is called "safeguard_v_license.llv". Download it to anywhere on your computer and then double click it to run it.

Sometimes you have to right-click on applications and select "Run as administrator" to get things to work.

Once it was all installed I copied the contents of the DVD onto my hard drive and created a desktop shortcut so I don't have to load the DVD everytime.