Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

RADIO Not Working Blank

Views : 9562

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 9th, 2017, 20:36   #11
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofthelight View Post
The fiber optics cable going to the radio unit in the rear ceiling connected to the antenna has no red light flashing at all!!!
What is the route of this fiber optic cable?
Mark
well it starts coming out of the ICM , any red light from the socket when you turn the ICM on?
Old Mar 10th, 2017, 12:04   #12
EdmundIJones

This may help to work out the routing and aso find out at what point a break may be:

If a control module in the MOST network stops working and is unable to transmit light pulses onwards, or if there is an open-circuit in the fibre optic cable, the entire MOST network will stop working. This means that all the control modules on the MOST network will stop working. For more information about remedying this, see fault management on the MOST network.

The infotainment control module (ICM) must always be connected on the MOST network for communication on the MOST network to work.

The MOST network connections increase and the signal routing may change when control modules are added because adapter wiring is used to connect the new control module.

The control modules on the MOST network should be positioned in a particular order. If this order is not followed, the fault-tracing of the MOST network will deteriorate.

When further control modules are added to the MOST network, these should be placed in the correct order on the network to make it easier to fault-trace the control modules. If the control modules are connected in another order, this does not effect the function of the MOST network, but fault-tracing will be compromised. The control modules should be placed in the following order:

Infotainment Control Module (ICM) (16/1)
Multimedia module (MMM) (16/108)
CD module (MP2) (16/106)
Phone module (PHM) (16/60)
MD module (MP1) (16/107)
Audio module (AUD) (16/105)
Subwoofer module (SUB) (16/79)
Antenna module (ATM) (16/110).

If the MD module (MP1) is installed as an aftermarket accessory in a car with a phone module (PHM) and CD module (MP2), the MD module (MP1) will change positions with the phone module (PHM).

If the configuration of the MOST network in the car is minimal, the following control modules are connected:

Infotainment control module (ICM)
the audio module (AUD)
the antenna module (ATM).

Ring break diagnostics

General
This function is important when fault-tracing the MOST network. Ring break diagnostics are used when there is an open-circuit in the MOST network and diagnostic trouble code (DTC) ICM-DC02 has been stored in the infotainment control module (ICM).

During fault-tracing, all control modules transmit a message to the infotainment control module (ICM) in reverse order in relation to the position on the network. This means that the aerial module (ATM) is first, not last. The control module which is not working will not transmit an answer to the infotainment control module (ICM). This also means that the control modules connected after the defective control module will be unable to transmit a message to the infotainment control module (ICM).

The same applies in the event of an open-circuit in the fibre optic cable in the MOST network. None of the control modules before the open-circuit will be able to send their message to the infotainment control module (ICM). The infotainment control module (ICM) is then able to calculate the position of the open-circuit from the incoming messages.
EdmundIJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2017, 12:11   #13
Beavis
Premier Member

i had this problem 5 years back.
mine was the sub woofer.
i think (from memory) the optical cable, after leaving the dashboard (ICM/CD/Minidisc/Phone) goes to the Amp under the drivers seat, then goes up the rear nearside "D" piller from the subwoofer, into the antanae, then back down past the subwoofer onwards to the satnav module.

if it was me - i'd remove the rear inside nearside boot panel - bit of a PITA. Loop out the Sub/Antanae. Ignition off/on. (i think i had to wipe codes with VIDA), then see if that works.
If it does, you can then isolate down to Sub or Antanae. If not, it means its another in the chain.
My money would be on the subwoofer. I ended up looping my old one out as i could not find a replacement (even same part number) which would work in my system.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2017, 00:16   #14
knightofthelight

Default The saga continues

I received my DICE device today! Hooked it up to the computer and it shows that the CD player, AUD under the seat and ATM in the ceiling in the bad are not working. So do I replace the CD player first or the audio amp under the Passenger seat ( being in the USA)?
Mark
knightofthelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2017, 00:17   #15
knightofthelight

Default And....

All of my fiber optic cables are work
Old Mar 11th, 2017, 00:18   #16
knightofthelight

Default Oops

Working fine.....and everyth
Old Mar 11th, 2017, 00:19   #17
knightofthelight

Default Oops 2

Everything is communicating on the network.
Old Mar 11th, 2017, 09:32   #18
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofthelight View Post
I received my DICE device today! Hooked it up to the computer and it shows that the CD player, AUD under the seat and ATM in the ceiling in the bad are not working. So do I replace the CD player first or the audio amp under the Passenger seat ( being in the USA)?
Mark
are you sure the audio system has not gone to sleep due to low voltage or being on for a while without the engine on? The audio modules look dead when this happens on the recent cars .
Old Mar 12th, 2017, 15:03   #19
Gazzza

Been looking at getting my XC90 a hands free kit ...there a bloody night mare for this reason ...

on some VOLVO's in the UK /EU the volvo stereo is LOCKED so that each car components are to that car only...

mine is 6 cd changer and amp under drivers seat

This is the new ANTI THEFT of pinching cars and selling of the parts ...
Audi also have the same system mate had broken head light went scrap yard ...LIGHT wont work ...I kid you not .. needs going to Audi to be reprogrammed and then ask where did you get the light from
So with the Volvo they have a system called MOST and is DEALER only to take or amend the software patch be aware as im looking for a hands free kit so radio is muted and use phone .. but may go cheaper option and a bluth tooth pack from halfords for £20

https://carputer-shop.co.uk/media/wy...MST3P-info.pdf

Last edited by Gazzza; Mar 12th, 2017 at 15:07.
Gazzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2017, 15:10   #20
Gazzza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMzmW6Wscak