Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

940 Tan interior parts.......

Views : 680

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 8th, 2021, 13:03   #1
omc 47
VOC Member

Default 940 Tan interior parts.......

Happy New Year all,

with the New Year comes a new plan so as my Wentworth has just passed another no issues MOT and the interior is looking tired l've decided to "try" and put it back to a some what respectable condition.
In fairness l've kept it looking reasonably tidy for 5 years but l could do with anything Tan.

It's a late 94 Wentworth with all electric windows and full leather so requires the suitable colouring to match.
Door cards are all wrinkled.
Front seats are showing the usual cracks and a couple of tears.......
But due to the fact l do not intend to sell it any tan bits are welcome in good condition.
I'm afraid l recently purchased an item off this site and was ceremonously done so photos would be welcome.
Yes l know........l'm asking a lot l guess but all offers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Andy
omc 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 15:44   #2
volvo always
Premier Member

Tan is incredibly hard to find. I bet the most brittle too. Grey and black could be primed and painted to match.

Good luck on your quest! In 2002 I had a 1986 740 Estate with the red interior. I managed to find the same trim colour from a 740 Diesel that was scrapped. I was so pleased as a hard to find colour too.

James
volvo always is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volvo always For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 16:10   #3
omc 47
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo always View Post
Tan is incredibly hard to find. I bet the most brittle too. Grey and black could be primed and painted to match.

Good luck on your quest! In 2002 I had a 1986 740 Estate with the red interior. I managed to find the same trim colour from a 740 Diesel that was scrapped. I was so pleased as a hard to find colour too.

James
Thanks James,
in fairness l've had no issues with brittle bits in the 940, the 240 l had was a totally differnet story though but maybe l'm lucky.
Spraying is an option as l've seen some very convincing work done on classics at major car shows.....NEC etc.
Strangly l've just sold a 940 with some "spare grey" door cards in imacculate condition............hey ho!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omc 47 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 14th, 2021, 13:49   #4
360beast
Go redblock or go home

https://en-gb.facebook.com/marketpla...code=undefined
360beast is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 08:50   #5
omc 47
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
Yea!
saw that Luke, messaged but no response, l get really p***ed off with people who lob in an offer or advert then never respond.
Looking at his FB page he's heavily into bangor racing that consists mainly of Volvo's..................if you have a dodgy heart or of a nervious dissposition l would'nt bother to look, it's not pretty.
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 14:15   #6
volvo always
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omc 47 View Post
Yea!
saw that Luke, messaged but no response, l get really p***ed off with people who lob in an offer or advert then never respond.
Looking at his FB page he's heavily into bangor racing that consists mainly of Volvo's..................if you have a dodgy heart or of a nervious dissposition l would'nt bother to look, it's not pretty.
I have had the same on Ebay. Message them and they never reply! Not even to say they haven't got the item, as sold etc.

I find this forum great for parts. Hope you find what your looking for soon.

Sadly, all 240's. Hope they were well rotten, as sad to see them raced if not.

James.
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo always For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 15:02   #7
omc 47
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo always View Post
I have had the same on Ebay. Message them and they never reply! Not even to say they haven't got the item, as sold etc.

I find this forum great for parts. Hope you find what your looking for soon.

Sadly, all 240's. Hope they were well rotten, as sad to see them raced if not.

James.
Thanks James,

about 3 years ago l responded to an advert for an Amazon B20 engine and box, went up to Leicestershire expecting it to be ready and waiting.......no...no it was on an Industrial Estate and still in the car on a very wet day. After removal l asked what was the reason for removing from the Amazon and he said we're banger racing the car with a different power unit and box.
I told him not to spread that one around too loud or he'd be linched........is there no respect anymore?
Old Jan 15th, 2021, 18:16   #8
volvo always
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omc 47 View Post
Thanks James,

about 3 years ago l responded to an advert for an Amazon B20 engine and box, went up to Leicestershire expecting it to be ready and waiting.......no...no it was on an Industrial Estate and still in the car on a very wet day. After removal l asked what was the reason for removing from the Amazon and he said we're banger racing the car with a different power unit and box.
I told him not to spread that one around too loud or he'd be linched........is there no respect anymore?
Sadly not! Too many being scrapped. Hope with rising prices the banger racers will move on to some other make.

I know all can't be saved as some too rotten, but if body solid, should be saved. My 940 isn't as well regarded by banger racers but I will keep it going for a long time. No chassis rust and only very mild rust on battery tray.

James.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volvo always For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 09:59   #9
omc 47
VOC Member

Due to a very observant 360beast l now have a complete Leather Tan interior BUT the doors cards are hardly much better than mine.
One has to be grateful though so thanks to Luke it will be a good to have some back up parts in store in times when 940 bits are getting rarer........the task still remains to obtain some good door cards but if they're not out there then tactics will have to be changed towards careful renovation of what l've got.......

Hopefully someone will have some squirreled away in their store cupboard with a view to exchange for some Lager tokens.................
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omc 47 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 00:36   #10
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I should have some tan door cards. I can take a look on the weekend
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post: