Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Autodoc, parcel missing in action.....

Views : 5220

Replies : 69

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 19th, 2021, 22:02   #41
paddy74

Sorry, didn't get that you are really interested in this.

Autodoc is known to a lot of people in Germany besides their business. There were articles about a far-right sponsoring through autodoc a few years ago. This is one excerpt of the following linked article about far-right support in Sweden - involved a Russian-Ukrainian based online car parts seller....

Quote:
At least six Swedish sites have received financial backing through advertising revenue from a Russian- and Ukrainian-owned auto-parts business based in Berlin, whose online sales network oddly contains buried digital links to a range of far-right and other socially divisive content.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/w...tionalism.html
The Following User Says Thank You to paddy74 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 22:40   #42
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy74 View Post
Sorry, didn't get that you are really interested in this.

Autodoc is known to a lot of people in Germany besides their business. There were articles about a far-right sponsoring through autodoc a few years ago. This is one excerpt of the following linked article about far-right support in Sweden - involved a Russian-Ukrainian based online car parts seller....

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/w...tionalism.html
Strangely while looking at the link you provided and clicking on the three owners/managers, another site also appeared, didn't pay any attention to it though but could have been one of those "buried links".

The "Russian-Ukrainian owned online car parts seller based in Berlin" is almost certainly Autodoc. It always intrigues me when companies, particularly those formed by individuals in this case, from another country decide to set up business in a country other than their own. Makes me wonder if there's an ulterior motive, perhaps money laundering, smuggling (drugs, fire-arms etc) or a front for a terrorist organisation.

Something i've learned through life is that not everything is as it first seems.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 23:14   #43
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy74 View Post
Interesting! But are you sure?!?

PayPal here does the following:
  • If package isn't delivered in the set time frame, you can open a case for a refund with PayPal.
  • The seller gets a notice and has ten days to respond.
  • The seller can now reply, if he does so, and can provide a shipping / tracking code, PayPal sets the case on hold for another ten days to wait for the arrival of the package.
  • If the seller doesn't reply or can't provide a shipping code, PayPal will accept your refund case and sends you the money.
  • If the package doesn't turn up within the ten days, the seller is contacted automatically and can set a date for a refund. PayPal sets the case on hold again and waits for the seller to pay you back (less work for PayPal)
  • Only if this fails, PayPal gives you the money, but right here we're three weeks later. If a seller knows how to cheat the system, he can easily provide PayPal with enough data, to at least stall the case...

And out of my own experience a few months ago, I can tell, it works exactly that way, despite that the package arrived within the second ten day period.

I'm curious to see how this turns out, my guess is still on "package will be delivered, but late, late, late" and you won't get anything as a compensation. Neither from Autodoc, nor PayPal... Let's hope at least the parts are correct...

Oh and btw, Autodoc has it's headquarters in Germany, but neither the owner nor the managment are german. Not much about known german virtues with Russians (assumed according to the first names of the management)
I know how it works, i too used it not too long back, if the seller cannot prove shipment has been delivered then paypal will step in. At 1st paypal will automatically find it in the favour of the seller due to a tracking number being supplied, but then once you appeal it and explain what has transpired to a human, paypal will refund if proven in your favour. The part where tracking showed the item in transit since the 5th of jan and then the email yesterday saying that it was about to leave them, thats a clear case for the buyer.

The tracking number for the seller will only go so far in favour of the seller, if there is reason for concern, point it out to paypal's appeals service giving proof as to why paypal should reopen the case, in this case, it would have been the email yesterday and the so called shipment in transit conflict.

My last issue was with Parts in Motion, i am sure i mentioned it on here, it was my front discs, the claimed they had actually sent out 3 sets of discs over x period due to me telling them they had not arrived, paypal found it in their favour after they supplied the tracking number, i appealed, paypal found in my favour once i explained that the tracking number they provided, didnt say that it had been delivered for one and 2, that tracking number didnt cover the 2nd or 3rd re-ship, i was refunded the same day or the next day (cant remember now) by paypal, not the company. Turned out that it was a MyHerpes blunder and they actually tried to deliver the 2nd package 3 weeks after the case was completed, i didnt accept the parcel much to herpes displeasure, i dont think he liked the idea of traipsing it back to the van, then a few more weeks later the 3rd parcel turned up, again declined it and lastly, the 1st package turned up, same again, i declined it, i kept Parts in Motion informed each time so that they could chase them up, i could have easily accepted the items and ended up with 3 sets of front discs, any other item and i may have, but i doubt i would need to change them again.

Anyway, my order now says;

Return request has been placed

Total cost inc shipping was £30.69, i forgot about the £8 for shipping so it was a bit dearer than thought
I certainly will never use them again unless its a dire emergency......
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 11:05   #44
Bashy
Aged Member

Looks like my email worked, just got this email

Quote:
Dear M,

The refund of £30.69 for order № 41113835 will be issued to you within 7 working days.

It may take longer for the funds to be credited to your account if your bank or payment system needs more time to process the transaction.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 14:12   #45
paddy74

That's great, good to hear it comes to an end! All in all it was an unpleasant experience, that should be avoided for the future.

Funny enough I posted the exact same sentence today regarding the inauguration This day is really starting out very good!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paddy74 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 00:05   #46
JRL
Master Member

Perhaps it should also be pointed out that just because a website has a particular domain extension, in this case .co.uk, it does not automatically follow that it will be a UK or Britain based company. The internet knows no borders, except for China, Iran etc! I have two sites, both with .com extensions. To most people .com means American but a site builder is free to choose whichever extension suits him or her. Both my sites are based in the UK.
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 06:41   #47
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL View Post
Perhaps it should also be pointed out that just because a website has a particular domain extension, in this case .co.uk, it does not automatically follow that it will be a UK or Britain based company. The internet knows no borders, except for China, Iran etc! I have two sites, both with .com extensions. To most people .com means American but a site builder is free to choose whichever extension suits him or her. Both my sites are based in the UK.
I am quite aware and very computer/t'interweb savvy, I have a few sites of my own and one has its very own dedicated server in France, but having been pointed to this AutoDoc by at least one member, i stupidly assumed it was a UK site more so cause nothing stuck out to the contrary and it was in UK pounds. it was only when checking the Tracking did it clearly stand out seen as it said it was coming from Germany.
Old Jan 22nd, 2021, 19:10   #48
oilit
All the gear - no idea

glad you got your money back - i also was refunded today thanks to paypal!

it looks like they are owned by partex global gmbh - from a credit search company:

Partex Global GmbH is located in Berlin, Berlin, Germany and is part of the Advertising & Marketing Services Industry. Partex Global GmbH has 2 total employees across all of its locations and generates $118,018 in sales (USD).

also interesting reading:

https://equiprev.wordpress.com/2017/...utodoc-review/

Wemax Group GmbH & Co. KG is located in Berlin, Berlin, Germany and is part of the Public Relations Services Industry. Wemax Group GmbH & Co. KG has 3 total employees across all of its locations and generates $348,153 in sales (USD).

Autodoc GmbH is located in Berlin, Berlin, Germany and is part of the Wholesale Sector Industry. Autodoc GmbH has 1,000 total employees across all of its locations and generates $474.62 million in sales (USD). There are 6 companies in the Autodoc GmbH corporate family.

Autodoc Holding GmbH & Co. KG is located in Berlin, Berlin, Germany and is part of the Management of Companies & Enterprises Industry. Autodoc Holding GmbH & Co. KG has 2 total employees across all of its locations and generates $355,828 in sales (USD). There are 6 companies in the Autodoc Holding GmbH & Co. KG corporate family.

Last edited by oilit; Jan 22nd, 2021 at 19:37.
oilit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oilit For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 01:58   #49
Bashy
Aged Member

Finally all over, monies back into my account now

Thanks for all the support etc
Old Jan 27th, 2021, 03:17   #50
paddy74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
Finally all over, monies back into my account now

Thanks for all the support etc
Good to hear! But I have to ask, did you get the package at all?
The Following User Says Thank You to paddy74 For This Useful Post: