Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Glaring mistake

Views : 2517

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 22nd, 2010, 22:53   #21
mas66
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobuilt View Post
...... I am on the lookout for some good quality satin black tape to stick on the back of the trim, I don't think it will be visible from the drivers seat if I do it right. The tape needs to have a good level of heat resistance to prevent the glue melting on hot days and looking a mess........
Ive checked the back of my trim just in front of the pod and part of it is actually black and seems to stop the reflection ..... does anyone else have this black part on the trim ? .... you cannot see it unless you look behind the trim or thru the windscreen

Cheers
mas66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 01:30   #22
dodgyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobuilt View Post
Thanks for the tip on checking the oil level, being male I would have gotten around to reading the instructions eventually.
I had the car to the dealer today, and they have drained approximately half a litre of oil out as there was too much in. He asked if I had topped it up, which I hadn't so I guess it must have come from the factory like that.
I'd suggest you keep an eye on the oil levels. The D5 (mine anyway) has exhibited rising oil levels since we got it new. I know for certain there's some sort of flaw because on the day of delivery we checked the oil level in the dealer and it was reading ok. It was reading ok for a month, then it came up with the Engine Oil Service Required message. Took it back in, they suck out a bit of the oil (said it was overfull - blamed factory), then near a month later, the message came up again. Checked both manual dipstick & electronic. Oil was over level. Took it back, they replaced all the oil. One month after that, message came up again. This time round Volvo implemented a software upgrade + drained the oil so that it should read 2/3 full. That was about 2 months ago. Currently the dipsticks read Full. Go figure. I reckon in about a month's time the message will come up again..
dodgyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 06:42   #23
XC60KEV
Master Member

Wink

dodgblue, that sounds a nightmare. Knowing there is somthing not quite right eats away at you especially when its such an important integral part of running the car. From your experience maybe Volvo have developed a way of producing oil (perhaps they should inform BP how the managed it!)
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 15:47   #24
Pebble

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas66 View Post
Ive checked the back of my trim just in front of the pod and part of it is actually black and seems to stop the reflection ..... does anyone else have this black part on the trim ? .... you cannot see it unless you look behind the trim or thru the windscreen

Cheers
Yes mine is like this - but I have started to see the glare too.... only noticed it since reading this thread ... doh.!
Old Jun 23rd, 2010, 18:38   #25
bobuilt

Sorry about causing you to notice the glare, I have ordered some high quality 7 year vinyl, as used for car body stripes and will fit a piece of that when it comes.
I had a new problem this morning when the engine management warning came on and dropped the engine to low power. Not good on the outside lane of the A1! That is three faults in the four days since the car was delivered. The dealer had the car all day again today and have diagnosed the problem and have contacted Volvo to report it. It was explained as the air pipes on the induction system were incorrectly fitted allowing it to draw in air. I have registered my displeasure and told them that this is it, any more faults and I will be classing it as not fit for sales and demanding a replacement.
Fingers Crossed
bobuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2010, 21:15   #26
bobuilt

Back on the original topic of this thread, a colleague of mind received his XC60 MY11 on the same day as me and his has a black section on the top of the silver to prevent glare. It looks as if mine may be a mistake by not having one, I am curious to know if anyone else has got a MY11 without one.
bobuilt is offline   Reply With Quote