Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Strange Bluetooth problem - Help!

Views : 775

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 26th, 2010, 21:09   #1
Aidan Bell

Question Strange Bluetooth problem - Help!

I'm having trouble with Bluetooth. Has anyone else perhaps had similar problems and can help me?

The phone is recognised correctly, connects correctly, uploads phone book and call list information etc correctly. I am able to select and dial a number correctly. But that's all. The number dials, the phone connects, the mobile is silent as it should be, but there is no sound from the audio system. Total silence. That's the first problem. The second problem is that I can not end the call. I have to do that manually on the phone itself. If I try to make another call, the first is still active and so I end up with one on hold. So it seems that Bluetooth is working fine up to the point of connecting a call, at which time it simply stops.
Can anyone possibly shed any light?

Phone is HTC TouchPro2, which I have previously used with two different car radios, with flawless results.
Aidan Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 21:13   #2
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan Bell View Post
I'm having trouble with Bluetooth. Has anyone else perhaps had similar problems and can help me?

The phone is recognised correctly, connects correctly, uploads phone book and call list information etc correctly. I am able to select and dial a number correctly. But that's all. The number dials, the phone connects, the mobile is silent as it should be, but there is no sound from the audio system. Total silence. That's the first problem. The second problem is that I can not end the call. I have to do that manually on the phone itself. If I try to make another call, the first is still active and so I end up with one on hold. So it seems that Bluetooth is working fine up to the point of connecting a call, at which time it simply stops.
Can anyone possibly shed any light?

Phone is HTC TouchPro2, which I have previously used with two different car radios, with flawless results.
Probably nothing to do with it, but maybe the a2dp is causing the issue? change the bluetooth on the phone to the 'plain' BT? - sorry I don;t have any HTC to try it with anymore
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 21:24   #3
Aidan Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
Probably nothing to do with it, but maybe the a2dp is causing the issue? change the bluetooth on the phone to the 'plain' BT? - sorry I don;t have any HTC to try it with anymore
"a2dp"? I have quite a flexible Bluetooth menu, but can't find anything about a2dp. I thought BT was BT was BT? Under what kind of sub menu would I make that change?
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 22:48   #4
bobuilt

I have HTC HD2 which refuses to work with XC60, unless you follow the following ritual. Jump in to car, turn it on so that it recognises the phone, then on phone settings turn off data connections. Wait around 10 seconds, check that it is still turned off and everything should be okay. For some reason the data connection screws everything up on the car and on the phone, if active.
Hope this helps.
bobuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2010, 23:44   #5
Aidan Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobuilt View Post
I have HTC HD2 which refuses to work with XC60, unless you follow the following ritual. Jump in to car, turn it on so that it recognises the phone, then on phone settings turn off data connections. Wait around 10 seconds, check that it is still turned off and everything should be okay. For some reason the data connection screws everything up on the car and on the phone, if active.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for that. But at the risk of sounding like an idiot; how do I switch off data connections?! I've never had need to do so before and looking under setting/phone can't find anty such a command.

However; I fear that this is not going to be a suitable fix for me anyway. My email checks automatically every half hour and very often I'm to be found sitting in the front seat looking online and checking emails (when I'm parked up, not whilst driving!), so losing data for the entire time I'm in the car would be of major concern.
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 00:28   #6
Teejay1
Master Member

This kind of relates to my question about compatibility updates. It seems that not all BT phones are created equal.
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 02:01   #7
bobuilt

Coms manager is explained here on page 89.
http://member.america.htc.com/downlo...P2_WM65_UM.pdf Unfortunatly the choice appears to be car phone or data comms, not both. I have a shortcut set up on home screen to comms settings, it takes me seconds to turn it on and off.
bobuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2010, 17:03   #8
Aidan Bell

It turns out that an old programme had changed a port setting in my Bluetooth, and after a cold re-boot my phone connected to the car good as gold. So that's good news for me and also good news for you, Teejay1, because the HTC TP2 talks with the XC60 just fine after all.