Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What issues i should expect due to long service interval....

Views : 436

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 21st, 2021, 22:24   #1
osman

Default What issues i should expect due to long service interval....

What issues i should expect due to long service interval.... i have s60 d5 diesel autobox aisin, last 2 oil changes were done at 40,000km , what issues should i expect with the car and what i can do in order to improve it, is it really bad?

Right now car is around 110,000k miles, if they are real and its not clocked...

last 2 oil changes were at 25,000k miles each...

Last edited by osman; Jun 21st, 2021 at 22:40.
osman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2021, 22:42   #2
Deck1ng
Master Member

What I would suggest it get it serviced now, get the oils changed and then continue with a normal service schedule. Do it now before any nasties happen. You don’t have to use main dealers as they can be expensive if that is a problem. Oil and filter changes can be done by any competent mechanic, even diy it.
From the additional info you have just provided, you should also consider very urgently getting your cam and aux belts changed.

Last edited by Deck1ng; Jun 21st, 2021 at 22:45.
Deck1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2021, 22:52   #3
osman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck1ng View Post
What I would suggest it get it serviced now, get the oils changed and then continue with a normal service schedule. Do it now before any nasties happen. You don’t have to use main dealers as they can be expensive if that is a problem. Oil and filter changes can be done by any competent mechanic, even diy it.
From the additional info you have just provided, you should also consider very urgently getting your cam and aux belts changed.

Since i am not technical - not mechanic my self.
Do you mean with cam , - engine belt ?
Also how about gearbox oil change and filter ? And do the turbo needs to be serviced as well ?
What are the most common issues with the engines and these cars s60 if you are familiar i have neven driven a volvo in my entire life, i got friends who have very very bad luck with them ,they claim they always brake so thats why they sold them, even i got friend with petrol fuel s60 and he claimed all of the suspension brakes all the time ,is it true i am just curious
for what hidden traps i should watch?

Last edited by osman; Jun 21st, 2021 at 22:55.
osman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2021, 23:06   #4
Deck1ng
Master Member

Yes, there are two belts, one which synchronises the engine, ( if that fails you have a very expensive repair bill) and the aux belt, it provides power to the alternator, water pump, power steering etc, ( if that fails you could well also have a very large repair bill). If the oils have not been changes since 25k miles there is a strong possibility that the belts have not been changed.
The aux belt should have been changed at 54k miles along with pulleys and tensioners and at 108k miles the aux belt plus pulleys and tensioners, and the cam belts should have been changed.
It sounds like the care of your car has been sadly lacking from previous owners.

Last edited by Deck1ng; Jun 22nd, 2021 at 00:01.
Old Jun 21st, 2021, 23:09   #5
Deck1ng
Master Member

Most cars will break if you fail to look after them. Irrespective of make.