Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Miisfire help

Views : 777

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 1st, 2007, 22:23   #1
shauny

Question Miisfire help

Ive looked at all the old treads and none quite gave me the answer so i hope some one can help.
I have a 98 T4 and i get a missfire/ jurcking at low rpm more when hot and tonite when i whent out in it to drop the wife in town i gave it a boot down the bypass and it spluttered all the way up the rev range. ive had the plugs out and they look quite new i cleaned them and re gap,d them hoping that would work but its still like it. i run it on V max fuel so its not fuel. Plugs or coils ant ides please???
shauny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 10:18   #2
big deano

hi, i have a 2.0 turbo and mine does the same thing, not often, only 3 times in the past year, mine seems to be a fuel thing, i have to pull over and give it some revs untill it seems to clear a blockage then its alright!!!, ive read somewhere on here that changing the fuel filter will help, cheap fix as well,the m.o.t's due jan 5th so i'll have a full service with a filter change and see how we get on, hope yours is something as simple as changing the fuel filter, good luck
big deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 14:36   #3
Dickymint

Have you checked the leads? Also, I hear there is some vac pipes that deteriorate and leak, causing the misfire due to incorrect fuel mixture. Also, check the MAF unit.
Dickymint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2007, 21:44   #4
shauny

I will change the fuel filter and plugs and keep my fingers crossed thats all it is. Its only just had a MAF fitted just before i bought it so prob not that. i will also have a look around at them vac pipes.
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 21:08   #5
shauny

Fitted a set of iridium plgs and a pair of genuine coils.. Ita running like a dream the bests its ever been so happy ive sorted it.
Old Dec 3rd, 2007, 21:50   #6
Baffler
Premier Member

Don't wish to keep advising you to buy OEM parts but for the T4 you may find in a few weeks that you'll have to change those iridium plugs for genuine ones. The T4 engine is a tad fussy and tends to misbehave on non Volvo parts.

How much did the coil packs set you back?

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote