Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Corona spare time

Views : 4801

Replies : 104

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 1st, 2020, 19:16   #61
mhuk

I picked up a lathe a few weeks back. I managed to get it into my shed using an engine crane. Because of what's going on I got released from work and now I'm down in west sussex miles from the lathe. Working from home doing sod all.

Saturday my daughter is staying with me for a week then back to mum's.

Avoiding people ect. I already know of someone who died.
Old Apr 2nd, 2020, 14:02   #62
827Roverman
VOC Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
Well seeing as we are basically in lockdown we will all find ourselves with a lot of time on our hands now.

So what have you been doing to stay occupied?

I have emptied the entire garage, sorted through everything and made a massive pile of stuff to go to the tip when it is open again. I have put the 360 back in the garage along with a B230 that's been sat on the drive for months and I now have enough room to fit a small hatchback in the garage still. Much better than having to squeeze past everything.

I've cleared all of the ivy off the kitchen as I have been putting it off since I bought the house! Those roots were deep!

Washed my wife's car as it was disgusting, took the rear lights off to clean behind them properly, yet to tackle the inside with a bin bag to empty it!

Anyone else been making the most of their time stuck at home?
Not been too good health wise of late so nothing on the car, but I started a new hobby of late, Orchids, so I'm learning about them and how to keep them, lost two due to over watering, but I'm learning, Also gone back to making my own bread albeit using a bread machine, its something to do whilst housebound, hope all our members are keeping well. David
827Roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 827Roverman For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 3rd, 2020, 10:41   #63
90Wine745

Quote:
Originally Posted by 827Roverman View Post
Not been too good health wise of late so nothing on the car, but I started a new hobby of late, Orchids, so I'm learning about them and how to keep them, lost two due to over watering, but I'm learning, Also gone back to making my own bread albeit using a bread machine, its something to do whilst housebound, hope all our members are keeping well. David
Hi David,
Try this bread recipe. Really easy and the best part is clean up is a doddle, unlike sticky dough!!! Enjoy.
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0212.jpg (254.4 KB, 8 views)
90Wine745 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 90Wine745 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 3rd, 2020, 11:34   #64
Kingmunky

So far this quarantine oi av bin mosly:

- Cleared out and organised the shed.
- Decorating the spare room
- About to start decorating my room
- Detailed the XC90 and the wide's Megane
- Replaced the chain & sprockets on my Suzuki V-strom, about to overhaul all the brake calipers this weekend. Detailing that when the work is finished. I may even repaint the fairings if we're going to have a few more weeks of this.
- Driveway and rear garden will be powerwashed to within an inch of their life after the bike work is done.
- Humming and hawing over whether or not to order new door/drawer fronts and worktops etc for the kitchen and reface it all.

Think that should take to me to the end of quarantine (hopefully)!
Kingmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kingmunky For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 3rd, 2020, 12:24   #65
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmunky View Post
So far this quarantine oi av bin mosly:

- Cleared out and organised the shed.
- Decorating the spare room
- About to start decorating my room
- Detailed the XC90 and the wide's Megane
- Replaced the chain & sprockets on my Suzuki V-strom, about to overhaul all the brake calipers this weekend. Detailing that when the work is finished. I may even repaint the fairings if we're going to have a few more weeks of this.
- Driveway and rear garden will be powerwashed to within an inch of their life after the bike work is done.
- Humming and hawing over whether or not to order new door/drawer fronts and worktops etc for the kitchen and reface it all.

Think that should take to me to the end of quarantine (hopefully)!
Either that or achieve what CV-19 hasn't with you and put you in the knackers yard premturely!

I've sort of started sorting my sheds but each time i try, i look in through the doors and run away in despair!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 3rd, 2020, 15:28   #66
Kingmunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Either that or achieve what CV-19 hasn't with you and put you in the knackers yard premturely!

I've sort of started sorting my sheds but each time i try, i look in through the doors and run away in despair!
The shed was the last thing on my list, but the kids made it the first thing by demanding all the toys that had been at the back of it since last year....but at the moment I'll do anything for some peace and quiet - even manual labour!

It's funny how all the little things I could ignore about the house are now really bugging me since I've been around all the time!

EDIT: To add to the list above...have a crack at splitting my waterproof key and replacing the battery.
Kingmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingmunky For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 4th, 2020, 12:21   #67
827Roverman
VOC Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90Wine745 View Post
Hi David,
Try this bread recipe. Really easy and the best part is clean up is a doddle, unlike sticky dough!!! Enjoy.
Mike
Thanks Mike, sounds a interesting recipe, not got all the ingredient's, and unfortunately can't get out to buy them, but I'll try it one day. Keep well, David
827Roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 827Roverman For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 4th, 2020, 21:16   #68
90Wine745

Quote:
Originally Posted by 827Roverman View Post
Thanks Mike, sounds a interesting recipe, not got all the ingredient's, and unfortunately can't get out to buy them, but I'll try it one day. Keep well, David
You too. M
90Wine745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2020, 12:20   #69
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Not really Corvid 19 relevant but well. In a little used toolbox I found a good and effective hand operated countersink tool. Little things do mean a lot.

Some good news re Corona. I see for my area the graphs are encouraging. Yes lucky me, I hope. AND. I read that in an un-specified area. supermarkets are reporting NO CORONOVIRUS infections in staff. So. let us keep up the good precautions everyone.

Blue birds over the white cliffs of Dover ...

Last edited by Stephen Edwin; Apr 11th, 2020 at 12:24. Reason: when will we three bad spells meet again ....
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephen Edwin For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 15th, 2020, 17:57   #70
Jebus
VOC Member

So my list have been able to crack on being on holiday then fulong from work up until now

Front and Rear mudflaps
Boost Gauge properly fixed in place
Boost controller properly plumbed in
Tidied up a few bits in the interior
Fit the spare proper Bougicord ignition leads
Replaced the snapped crankcase breather hose
Fit some front door speakers
Replaced some fixing for front headlights/grill
New P/S belt
Fit Headlight protectors
Fixed sagged driver side bolster
Replaced inlet manifold removed EGR (bits left on donor engine car never fitted with one)
Replaced injector seals and filters
Replaced a bunch of vacuum lines
Washed, roof and bonnet clayed and made a start on polishing and waxing

Still bits to tidy up on them, such as the front door speakers are a little deep/wide at the back so got some shallow/smaller magnet ones coming and these can go into the back, need a few new fixings for the mudflaps etc but have been putting off loads of these jobs for at least a year, due to work and health issues but really glad been able to get stuff done feel much better with the car now.

The S60 did get a wash as well, but not really fussed about that one, PCV needs done but that is far more of an arse todo so putting it off,

Need to take the speedo apart and clean up the circuit board and replace the leaky capacitors in it but a little nervous to start that but will get on it soon hopefully

2005 S60 2.0T the baby T5
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jebus For This Useful Post: