Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Petrol injectors. A Godsend or a nightmare!

Views : 106448

Replies : 418

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2008, 19:22   #31
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

Just a quick note to say that Jim provided an excellent service and turn-a-round for my injectors.

They are now fitted back onto the car. Testing will follow the completion of the matrix!!

Thanks Jim....

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 19:56   #32
craig8661
Master Member

hi there can you do desial injectors yet i got a set with over 230,000 miles on them

NOTICE OF DISCLAIMER any information i give is soley on my own findings and mess ups
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 20:06   #33
jimathan

Sorry Craig, different process altogether but I may look into it sometime in the future
Jim
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 20:11   #34
craig8661
Master Member

ok will keep eyes open for when you do

NOTICE OF DISCLAIMER any information i give is soley on my own findings and mess ups
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 01:02   #35
strbryan
I've Been Banned

After reading this link http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=49683 that was posted on another forum i phoned jimathan to get my injectors cheacked and cleaned
Not that i suspected anything wrong with them but for £6 each what can i lose?
When i arrived at jims house i was welcomed and a cup of coffee was soon negotiated
I was then showen to his little enginers work shop "a little boystoy heaven" my injectors where soon set up and tested to see how they where performing
I was totaly shocked as only 2 where doing as they should 1 was passing fuel constantly and the other 2 where acting more like a jet rather then a fine spray
Jim then tested them on idle upto 6000 rpms again on full load 1 wasnt working at all and the other 4 was having some sort of spraying fit
So on to the ultrasonic bath to give them a full beep clean including a reverce clean
Now for a retest what a complete difference all 5 where acting as they should including the one that was passing fuel
I have now refitted the injectors and on start up i have noticed that my car now starts better and reves smother but i havent tacken it for a test drive as half my dash is still not fitted due to a stereo upgrade
Verdict i am realy impressed although i have only seen them working on a bench but from what i have seen i am well pleased with the results
Thanks to Jim for making the time to sort my injectors out
and to his wife for all the coffee
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 02:08   #36
jajrst
Volvo S80 SE Owner

All seems very good Can you do this for a 1999 S80 2.4? TBH im not even sure it has injectors :S how silly do I feel? From what I understand on VADIS it does. Hopefully would make the whole car run better. (Still in need of ETM, alarm siren and SRS control unit and 4 new tyres so not the 1st priority im afraid but something I will want to do - 4 new tyres coming monday )
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 03:02   #37
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jajrst View Post
All seems very good Can you do this for a 1999 S80 2.4? TBH im not even sure it has injectors :S how silly do I feel? From what I understand on VADIS it does. Hopefully would make the whole car run better. (Still in need of ETM, alarm siren and SRS control unit and 4 new tyres so not the 1st priority im afraid but something I will want to do - 4 new tyres coming monday )
Yes, you'll have injectors...
But do you know how to remove them??
They will lie under the fuel rail... That will need to be removed, injectors unplugged and removed... etc..
It would also be worth getting new ring/seals for the injectors..

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 03:36   #38
Nuisance
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strbryan View Post
After reading this link http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=49683 that was posted on another forum i phoned jimathan to get my injectors cheacked and cleaned
Not that i suspected anything wrong with them but for £6 each what can i lose?
When i arrived at jims house i was welcomed and a cup of coffee was soon negotiated
I was then showen to his little enginers work shop "a little boystoy heaven" my injectors where soon set up and tested to see how they where performing
I was totaly shocked as only 2 where doing as they should 1 was passing fuel constantly and the other 2 where acting more like a jet rather then a fine spray
Jim then tested them on idle upto 6000 rpms again on full load 1 wasnt working at all and the other 4 was having some sort of spraying fit
So on to the ultrasonic bath to give them a full beep clean including a reverce clean
Now for a retest what a complete difference all 5 where acting as they should including the one that was passing fuel
I have now refitted the injectors and on start up i have noticed that my car now starts better and reves smother but i havent tacken it for a test drive as half my dash is still not fitted due to a stereo upgrade
Verdict i am realy impressed although i have only seen them working on a bench but from what i have seen i am well pleased with the results
Thanks to Jim for making the time to sort my injectors out
and to his wife for all the coffee

Ahhh Yes Jim... I have a confession.

In a rather heated discussion on VPCUK about running injectors near their limits I posted a link to your pictures over here to illustrate the dangers of not having enough resreve capacity.....
(BTW, Thanks for posting those pictures they are priceless information)

Then Tony followed it and arrived here....

Now look what's happened.........

Anyway Glad it was of help to you both.

It's got me wondering though, Mine have been on for about 9 months now from new, in that time they have done about 35,000 miles and had a fuel pump and engine change. Do you think it's worthwhile giving them a clean? or should I leave them a little longer?

I'm in Blackburn, so I could whip them out and cycle over to yours if it's worth cleaning them.

You're certainly getting to meet folks with this little scheme, it's a cracking idea!!

Cheers.
Joules.

To summarize:
It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary:
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

To summarize the summary of the summary:
People are a problem.
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 03:50   #39
Nuisance
VOC Member

Well Jim, you've also opened a few peoples eyes.

I'm just thinking of all the basic so called "stage 0 tuning" were people are recomended to do basic things like plugs, leads, hoses, and filters etc....

But never have I seen injector cleaning on the list. That looks like a big omission, surely before spending hundreds on getting a car tuned one should really have a nice clean set of injectors. Otherwise it's going to compromise the performance, especially on a highly tuned car.

I think all stage 0 tuning guides will now be re-written, Thanks Jim!

To summarize:
It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.

To summarize the summary:
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

To summarize the summary of the summary:
People are a problem.
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 11:00   #40
jimathan

Hi Nuisance. Do you know what? I think you just hit the nail on the head. I never thought of it like that but your bang on there. We think nothing of spending £30.00 on plugs, another £50.00 on dizzy caps, rotor arms, oil & filters; so realy it is a bit of a no brainer if you don’t have the injectors checked. If only for peace of mind.

Personally, after having seen the results I would be having them checked at every 20.000 miles. You wouldn’t leave your plugs and filter that long would you?

Thanks guys for all the positive feedback.
Jim
Closed Thread