Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Injector replacement needed

Views : 410

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 30th, 2018, 10:00   #1
Gremlin682001

Question Injector replacement needed

Good morning all

I’m needing a full set of replacement injectors that I’m planning on doing myself, before I start though, wondering if anybody had any tips, hints or problems that I should be aware of ?
I’m going to be getting the injectors from PF Jones who have the injectors for the d2404t engine and £160 ish and do not need coding, according to their website.

Cheers

Gremlin
Gremlin682001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 09:31   #2
kylemoon

Hi Gremlin,

Did you manage to change the injectors? I'm doing the same soon, so curious as to how you got on.

Cheers,

Kyle
kylemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 10:08   #3
hoks

Hey,

I have changed injectors on 2.0d a week ago.

If you can get hands on Vida instructions it makes the process quite easy.

Sadly injectors can not be removed without taking off intake manifold, so i would suggest buying a set of gaskets.

Also since it is plastic, be careful to remove and place bolts in correct order and torque them correctly. Also they are different lenght,so take note of positions.

After taking intake manifold off , one of camshafts is very exposed. IMO its a good idea to cover it and everything else you can, I had a lot of dust around the injectors and when pulling them out the dirt gets around, would not be good to get inside engine. Also get something to clean injectos seats with and definitely get new injector seals.

Also get ready to be shocked at ammount of soot in intake manifold and intake ports. Manifold can be cleaned when taken off, intake ports sadly can not.. since i didnnot want to get the soot chunks to fall inside the engine I could not clean much. An old vaccume cleaner was helpful.
hoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 11:19   #4
kylemoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoks View Post
Hey,

I have changed injectors on 2.0d a week ago.

If you can get hands on Vida instructions it makes the process quite easy.

Sadly injectors can not be removed without taking off intake manifold, so i would suggest buying a set of gaskets.

Also since it is plastic, be careful to remove and place bolts in correct order and torque them correctly. Also they are different lenght,so take note of positions.

After taking intake manifold off , one of camshafts is very exposed. IMO its a good idea to cover it and everything else you can, I had a lot of dust around the injectors and when pulling them out the dirt gets around, would not be good to get inside engine. Also get something to clean injectos seats with and definitely get new injector seals.

Also get ready to be shocked at ammount of soot in intake manifold and intake ports. Manifold can be cleaned when taken off, intake ports sadly can not.. since i didnnot want to get the soot chunks to fall inside the engine I could not clean much. An old vaccume cleaner was helpful.
Hey Hoks,

Thanks for this reply, really helpful. Could you point me in the right direction to get the Vida instructions?

Couple of questions, is it easy to get your hands on a new set of gaskets and injector seals? (just the correct ones online I assume). Did you need to recode the injectors when you replaced them?

Looking at tackling this soon, so be nice to get everything prepared!

Thanks again.
kylemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 14:51   #5
hoks

Hey Kylemoon,

Send me a mesaage to D-coxtj1x@maildrop.cc (disposable email adress, since I dont have enough posts I can not send private messages..) and l will share some more info...

No idea about gasket availability, but my local car parts store had them. Just get the right ones, kit has 1 big gasket, 4 o-rings and 4 ring type gaskets, 9 total. Do not go with gasket silicone as some online stores suggest it as a correct item when searching by part number.

As fellow member Tannaton posted here: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=290269

If you keep the key out of ignition and do not activate ECM while performing replacement, also replace injectors with the same class ones there should not be any issues.

I personally just took negative battery cable off and replaced injectors (i had class 5 injectors). After assembling everything it took a couple of cranks to start because fuel lines to injectors were empty.
hoks is offline   Reply With Quote