Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

advice

Views : 892

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 15th, 2019, 08:09   #1
games133

Default advice

hello im looking for some advise im looking to buy a xc60. i want the se lux version ive seen 2 ones i like one is a 64 reg 2.0 d4. it has 91k on the clock. it has allsorts even has the intelagent cruse control. only thing puts me off is cream leather.
other is a 15 reg 2.4 d4 geartronic awd.it has 61k miles on it. it again has every thing including the intelgent cruse control. only bad
there is a £2k price diffrance between the 2 the 15 reg been more im just wondering what peoples thought are and what problems if any people have had with them? whats the service cots. and and problems they have had with the two engines

thanks in advance
games133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 09:46   #2
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Cream leather isn't really an issue (unless you have Dogs & Kids), I have cream leather on mine & It was always a big no no for me but now I have it the interior is so much brighter esp when you don't have a sunroof. All you need to do is clean it with a bit more regularity than the black interior.

I've a D5 so the 2.4 Engine with a 5speed Auto & AWD (2015MY) I love the thing it's great for munching the motorway miles that I do with my job.

Fuel economy isn't the best, according to my car I've got an average of 38.1 over the last 6000 or so miles since I last reset it mainly motorway miles for me.

The Adaptive Cruise control is ace I use mine all the time & it's head & shoulders above the standard cruise control offering. I guess that car also has the driver support pack (ACC is part of it IIRC) which includes the road sign recognition, Blind Spot Info, Rear collision mitigation (great in car parks) & some other bit's & bobs (Mine has all of these)

I'm on my 2nd XC60 D5 & over the 70,000 miles the only non-consumable failure has been the alternator which was replaced under warranty.

Mine have both been serviced at main dealers (Ray Chapman) & I feel I get an excellent service & don't pay over the odds. Tyres for the one I have now worked out at about £130 a corner fitted for Cross Climates as part of the last service.

Have both cars got Service History & is it dealership ?

Aux belt & tensioner must be changed on the 2.4 engine at 54,000 or 3 yrs (IIRC on the Age bit) not sure on the 2.0. Cambelt & Aux belts etc are due at 108,000 on the 2.4 as well.

There is a thread on here where Marc Tilling can give you the exact spec of the cars using the Reg or VIN numbers in most cases.

Feel free to post links to the cars & I'm sure we'll have a look for you

On service costs there is a service price calculator here https://www.volvocars.com/uk/own/mai...rice-indicator which will give you an idea.

Finally not all dealers are equal, you'll notice that I'm by no means local to the dealer I use, as are others on here from the NE, we either go south or north for our servicing.
Previous 2001 C70 T5 GT Auto Convertible - Saffron
Previous 1999 S40 XS - Silver
AndyJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 12:08   #3
Richard M Knight

I have just bought a 2015MY V60 2.4 with the cream interior. I bought a set of Volvo charcoal mats for £60 and a Volvo boot liner for £90. I am getting about 40 mpg which is about 5mpg worse than my previous 2007 2.4 V50.
Richard M Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 19:08   #4
games133

hi

hear are the links to the 2 cars
car 1
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Volv...53.m1438.l2649

car 2
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...sc&fromSA=true

they are bothe same spec i belive tbh im just torn between the 2.

ps i do have a dog so will be getting the dog gard and boot liner. ill probably instal a front and rear camra system ive seen on ebay
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-Fro...53.m1438.l2649

also i have alaptop that has vida not sure on the dat but i kow it ork as my mate constantly on for is v70 d5. ust wondering if it would work with a xc60 15 plate

Last edited by games133; Jan 15th, 2019 at 19:25.
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 21:38   #5
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Both cars have the reg on show so asking the question on this thread

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=195895

May well allow Marc to supply a bit more detail on the specs of the 2 cars & maybe also some of the history.

The 2nd car through a dealer will give you a warranty which the ebay one won't.

Car 2 will also give you better fuel economy as it's the smaller engine 2wd & a manual if this matters.
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 22:15   #6
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Well, both look nice!
The D4 doesn't have adaptive cruise, just normal?
Mine is a 64 plate with adaptive cruise (part of the DSP - driver support pack) - I couldn't live without it now, it is brilliant!

The other has it....but is the older 6-spd auto.
I tested one of those before getting mine, & found it very 'agricultural'..& the 8-spd in the D4 is silky smooth. Chalk and cheese to me.

Tricky. Not sure if you have driven either engine: that may swing it for you.
For me, the D4 engine is a nicer drive. I personally don't like the cream interiors...but that is a personal thing!

Most upsetting to see how little mine is now apparently worth: might have to drive it for another 10 years and get the benefit

Good luck!
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 22:22   #7
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIOW View Post
Well, both look nice!
The D4 doesn't have adaptive cruise, just normal?
Mine is a 64 plate with adaptive cruise (part of the DSP - driver support pack) - I couldn't live without it now, it is brilliant!

The other has it....but is the older 6-spd auto.
I tested one of those before getting mine, & found it very 'agricultural'..& the 8-spd in the D4 is silky smooth. Chalk and cheese to me.

Tricky. Not sure if you have driven either engine: that may swing it for you.
For me, the D4 engine is a nicer drive. I personally don't like the cream interiors...but that is a personal thing!

Most upsetting to see how little mine is now apparently worth: might have to drive it for another 10 years and get the benefit

Good luck!
Looking at the wheel on the Blue Car (Autotrader one) it does look to have ACC, it's got the distance setting buttons on the wheel & also the distance sensor on the Grill.

The AWD car although it doesn't have a picture of the wheel it has the lump in the grill & also in the centre console pic it shows the button to disable the distance warnings so assume it has ACC

Agree on the ACC it's so good a godsend on busy motorways & in traffic queues on an auto the queue assist function is good as well

Last edited by AndyJudge; Jan 15th, 2019 at 22:24.
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 09:07   #8
AndyJudge
Premier Member

Looking at Marc's reply the Blue one has a decent specification & a dealer history that's all up to date.

Also has the adaptive cruise control
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 11:07   #9
mbrain

If EU6 is important to you, then the D4 FWD is the one to pick.
mbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2019, 17:14   #10
games133

im probably going go with the blue one its 32,500 cheaper. i know the other has acc as well he couldnt get the spec of the other one from the reg alone