Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2002 S40 1.9D (115) Sport - £3200 ono (with pics)

Views : 2499

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 25th, 2008, 20:24   #1
turborat

Default 2002 S40 1.9D (115) Sport - £3200 ono (with pics)

We are selling our car due to having to move house and we really need the money. We are the second owners, the first being a company car (I think).

The interior is in excellent condition throughout. The paintwork has light scratches which could be polished out and the bonnet and front bumper has some stonechips but there is no rust anywhere on the car. The details of the car are as follows...

Red (more like maroon).
2002 '52 reg.
1.9 Diesel, 115bhp.
110,000 miles .
Full Volvo service history.
5 months MOT.
10 months Tax.
Alloy wheels.
Half leather interior.
Power steering.
Air conditioning.
Driver, passenger & side airbags.
CD player.
Central locking.
Electric windows.
All usual Sport extras..

If you have any question please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Last edited by turborat; Sep 25th, 2008 at 23:04. Reason: added pictures
turborat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2008, 21:27   #2
turborat

We will take £2900 as a forum offer!!!

PM if interested.

Thanks
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 23:12   #3
turborat

If anyone is interested please give Russ a call on 07590 637532.
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 15:13   #4
Dandle
Master Member

Im affraid your in the same boat as rusrus on this forum. Your car is worth no where near what you think it is. Go here http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/finance/valueyourcar.do and that will give you a glass's guide price on you car which is about £1700 in excellent condition.
Dandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 22:50   #5
turborat

I disagree. The website you suggest is what a dealer would expect to pay for the car and not a private buyer as quoted...

"All valuations given are based on a single transaction with a bona fide motor dealer involving the sale of the consumer's car in part exchange for the purchase of a different car from the same dealer.
Values are not cash values, replacement prices, private sales values or insurance settlements and therefore must not be used for any other valuation purposes whatsoever.
"

Once the dealer had purchased at that price it would go on the forecourt for at least what I am asking for and looking on ebay and local press I belive the car to be reasonably priced.

The AA, What Car and a couple of other online valuations quote a retail with this mileage from £3400.

Last edited by turborat; Sep 29th, 2008 at 23:05. Reason: Add coment
Old Sep 29th, 2008, 23:32   #6
Dandle
Master Member

That website is using glasses guide prices which as you say what dealers would expect to pay. They wouldn't add £1k onto the second hand price though to resell it. For a start no dealer will give you the top book price unless the car is exeptional then on a £1750 car they might add a £500 mark up on it but it will now be on a forcourt and can demand more than a private sale as people will and expect to pay more for a car from a dealer. It would only end up on small time dealers anyway as its to old and too high mileage to end up on a premium dealer network. It would 10 to 1 go to auction if it was part exed and then wouldnt even make the glasses list price.

Like it or lump it glass's guide is pretty much what all the dealerships will use and is a reflection on the cars current value.
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 09:59   #7
turborat

At the end of the day I believe it to be well priced for a private sale after looking at ebay etc (as you suggested i believe) so I think I will take the risk thanks!
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 10:38   #8
Dandle
Master Member

Ok good luck, I'm not being funny I'm just trying to help you sell your car.

Just to see if they sell, at the end of the week phone up some of the ones on auto trader that are around the same age, with lower mileage from dealers that will give you an idea of what is selling. There a few from traders on there at around the £2.2k mark. I bet most havent sold as thats why they keep dropping the prices on them and they are down to that.
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 21:44   #9
rusrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by turborat View Post
At the end of the day I believe it to be well priced for a private sale after looking at ebay etc (as you suggested i believe) so I think I will take the risk thanks!
dam right.!!!!
rusrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2008, 17:10   #10
Dandle
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusrus View Post
dam right.!!!!
LOL thats why yours is now for sale nearly 1K less than you started asking for it.