Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2000 w reg v70 classic

Views : 1308

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 17:58   #1
moswin

Anyone know how much this is likely to cost me on average from a main dealer, and what kind of service can I expect to recieve 'cause all I really want is a rubber stamp in the service book!!
Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 19:14   #2
Networkguy

Default RE: 2000 w reg v70 classic

Between £200 and £350 depending on the dealer and the milage.

You will find a full service check list in the main owners club website (under the 850/70 section) showing what will be done.

Prices do vary from dealer to dealer so let us know where in the UK you are and no doubt somebody local will be able to tell you.
Networkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 21:12   #3
moswin

network guy

Thanks for the reply its for the 50k service at Pillings Volvo in Welwyn Garden City.....any help
Old Jul 24th, 2002, 07:12   #4
Networkguy

>Thanks for the reply its for the 50k service at Pillings
>Volvo in Welwyn Garden City.....any help

All dealers do have a fixed price menu for standard services so why not give them a ring and ask?

I always ask how much before I book mine in (Harratts Huddersfield) and normally, the total bill is a couple of quid less than what they quote me (excluding any additional work).

Mine is the TDi so prices may vary but I seem to recall the 50k service was one of the cheaper ones. They seem to go from one extreme to the other although I am not looking forward to the next one (80k) as this is the service that the timing belt gets changed and you just know that won't be cheap.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 10:47   #5
Simon McL

TDI could be different but as a guide my dealer charged £160 inc VAT for changing the cam belt and auxilary belt (they have to remove it to get to the cam belt anyway).

The cost is largely labour which I would assume was about the same.

si

850 GLT
Old Jul 24th, 2002, 19:09   #6
Networkguy

Well I'm not too concerned as it will be done as part of the 80k service instead of a separate job.

To be fair, after comparing prices with others in this group, my local dealer seems to be at the cheeper end of the scale (£50 per hour) compared to the dealer 20 miles away in Oldham that charges £75.