Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo owners club insurance scheme via chris knott insurance

Views : 198754

Replies : 311

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 9th, 2011, 12:27   #81
andy_d
Premier Member

may i point out a small bit here folks
there maybe a tiny bit of confusion regardings "the club" and users/members.

the VOC allow Any and all volvo onwers (and non volvo owners) to use these forums.
you can be a member/user of the forums, without being a Voc Member.

the term "club" relates to the Volvo owners Club, and its members , not the forum members/users.
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 13:23   #82
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

For additional clarification, Tim no longer works for CK and a name change is pending. Pending them reading my PM to post in the Name Change topic so it can be actioned.

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CTCNetwork For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 13:34   #83
minesa240x3
loyalty

Hi Andy I'm am quite aware of the users being able to access without being a paid up voc member but I recieve no discount for being an active paid up member?
I also get no reply to my posts.
Whoever this person is he/she will get nowhere with this bad attitude.

Any company that portrays to be "THE"preferred clubs insurance company should give something back.If they can't be competitive then take them off what I consider "MY" club.I have been paying and contributing to this forum and to other members for quite a few years now and ok it's not only my club but I really get annoyed when a company come on here and basically do just what they want without being answerable.

The Admin on here are definately the BEST you will find on any club,Trust me on that.
They don't over react but they are always here(for free)and always look very carefully into any situation that may be getting out of hand.
They don't let power go to thier heads like some clubs but act when asked to by members if it is neccessary.
So they don't just delete posts just because it may be against this forum or the club.but will listen and react in the best way they can trying to be even minded.Ok they are human but you will be hard pushed to find any seriouse complaints about any of them.

True democracy given the fact you can't please all the people all the time.

A big vote of thanks to the admin on here.
CK need to be open and proactive or I will ask the members if they really like the service they deliver.
A nice little POLL should do the trick?

A)I think chris knott should remain the clubs preffered insurer?

B)I don't wish chris knott to remain as part of this forum/club in an way?

C)IF they can be competitve I would like them to remain part of this forum/club.

A democratic way to see just how good chris knott are.
I will give them plenty of time to be polite and answer my questions before posting any poll.But I will start a poll if I hear nothing.

Kindest Regards Brian.
minesa240x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 13:38   #84
minesa240x3
loyalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCNetwork View Post
Hi,

For additional clarification, Tim no longer works for CK and a name change is pending. Pending them reading my PM to post in the Name Change topic so it can be actioned.

Des. . .
So Des just who did they contact about a name change?Or did you read this and pm them to ask what name they would like.
I imagine as you keep a keen eye on here that you have tried to be proactive by dealing with thier error.
Thankyou Brian.
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 15:02   #85
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesa240x3 View Post
So Des just who did they contact about a name change?Or did you read this and pm them to ask what name they would like.
I imagine as you keep a keen eye on here that you have tried to be proactive by dealing with thier error.
Thankyou Brian.
There was an email to the club which was forwarded to me..

I will action the name change just as soon as they post in the topic. It does, of course, prompt the question who is posting on behalf of CK..

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CTCNetwork For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 15:04   #86
andy_d
Premier Member

Brian,
i was pointing the "member > <user" bit out to those who use the forums ,but are not *yet* VOC members. to stop Them being confused.

i Totally agree with the VOC membership taking a "fresh look" at "club service suppliers" when they are no longer offering "club" benifits, or lacking in service tailord to the Club's needs/wishes/membership.

Im pretty disgusted with the way they have seemingly just ignored every post you have made following there "we are all new" statement.
you are
A/ a customer
B/ multi car owning Potential customer
C/ VOC member (the clubs prefered insurance agent ,ingoring a member of that club who has questions,, )

im not Too chuffed with there buissness methods. Or there staff's attitude once you have coughed up ,,"tough" is how it appears and the bleat "its not us its the underwriters".

no im Not a "happy CK customer" ,, far far from it, to the point that when renewal time rolls round i will Not be going with them even if they are £100/£200 cheaper than anyone else. Foolish finacially it maybe, but i Dislike being treated as they do to their customers.

All in all IF the VOC members re-visit the status of this firm as "prefered" , id not be upset at all if they chose to go with someone who Genuinly offered VOC members a benifit and reason to go with them
The Following User Says Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 16:12   #87
minesa240x3
loyalty

Hi Andy I shouldn't have to resort to the way I have posted!but when your ignored it happens.
My renewal clearly states £10 discount when insuring two cars with us?So why are both my cars insured with them the same price.
Just one of the many little things I don't like.
Could someone other than me politely ask the new mystery person just how much discount is achieved by going with chris knott?
Is there a direct saving by them being here?Or are they just like any other company but sitting in our clubhouse.
They ask that they just be considered to the list of any other possibilities when looking to renew house or car insurance.

I say bye bye and let them get there buisness just the same as any other company.
Regards Brian.
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 17:00   #88
BOB MY BIG OLD BUS

when i contacted them for a quote they said they would ring me back however a week later they didnt, i thought id give them another call and went through all the details and i got a quote i asked if they would post it out to me to have a read through and he said that they wont do that i would have to take out the insurance and cancel it if i wasnt happy!! needless to say that i didnt take out insurance with them, i did ring around other companies and found a cheaper quote with footman james by nearly £211 which is a fair old chunk.

ck website states.........
• Instant, crystal-clear quotes
• Personal contact
• Impartial advice
• Your needs put first
• All the ongoing support you need
• Highly-trained insurance experts

thats laughable!!! and going by my own experience with them id be voting B. i am also a member of a granada forum and theres a few disgruntled members on there too
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 19:07   #89
Bob
Club Director

There are clearly a number of concerns with the service VOC Insurance offers to VOC members and we, the Board, have been aware for a while and trying to work towards a suitable resolve.

Why is it taking a while? Because most of us work full time, have family matters and other external interests. There are also many other matters that the VOC Board has to deal with, and prioritising has to take place. Give me a 48 hour day and 10 day week and I could do things quicker, but only if I have to work 8 hours a day for 5 days.

The VOC gets a commission from CK based on the number policies that VOC members take out. That money is fully disclosed in the accounts, so I condemn any suggestions of financial irregularities. CK use the same procedure with other car clubs they work with.

Some of you will be aware of a practice used within the insurance industry called Claims Farming. A practice that has been heavily criticised from within the industry with claims to have brought the industry into chaos and disrepute. CK does not use this practice, which is probably why they do not always provide the cheapest quote.

If I were to have an accident in a car worth £750 I would not want a phone call pressuring me to say I or a passenger had an injury, and get a brand new Range Rover as a courtesy car. That is what actually happened to one person so do not think I am just making this up.

We are aware of the problems with communication from CK and I recently spoke with a senior member of the company about this and will be keeping an eye on developments.

The insurance industry is a very lucrative industry and everyone today is out to make money. Why else are they in business. You can get cheap insurance, but how would they manage your claim. I have heard horror stories over the years and I would sooner pay a little more to be sure my claim gets dealt with efficiently.

On to the lack of response from CK on this forum.

Tim, as many know got on here some time back with good faith and got into a bit of a situation. This was handled at a senior level at CK and agreed with me that things would be allowed to cool off a bit.

There has been a change now at CK, and as mentioned earlier in this thread a change of username is under way. This came about when a senior member of CK contacted me to request that change of username and I passed it on to the forum admin, who in turn advised the CK staff member how to achieve that.

I am sure there are many more questions about how the VOC should manage its 'preferred' insurance company, and it may be we need to look further afield at other options. But the bottom line is providing a service that is hassle free and up-front, and not some cheaper scruffy service that will be grief from start to finish.

Bob

1995 850 T5 auto estate. 280hp 289K miles and purrrs
2009 Jap import V70 2.5T 200hp 51K miles
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 19:25   #90
S60D5-185
Me ? Surely Not!

Location: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 Geartronic. South of Hadrians Wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
There are clearly a number of concerns with the service VOC Insurance offers to VOC members and we, the Board, have been aware for a while and trying to work towards a suitable resolve.

Why is it taking a while? Because most of us work full time, have family matters and other external interests. There are also many other matters that the VOC Board has to deal with, and prioritising has to take place. Give me a 48 hour day and 10 day week and I could do things quicker, but only if I have to work 8 hours a day for 5 days.

The VOC gets a commission from CK based on the number policies that VOC members take out. That money is fully disclosed in the accounts, so I condemn any suggestions of financial irregularities. CK use the same procedure with other car clubs they work with.

Some of you will be aware of a practice used within the insurance industry called Claims Farming. A practice that has been heavily criticised from within the industry with claims to have brought the industry into chaos and disrepute. CK does not use this practice, which is probably why they do not always provide the cheapest quote.

If I were to have an accident in a car worth £750 I would not want a phone call pressuring me to say I or a passenger had an injury, and get a brand new Range Rover as a courtesy car. That is what actually happened to one person so do not think I am just making this up.

We are aware of the problems with communication from CK and I recently spoke with a senior member of the company about this and will be keeping an eye on developments.

The insurance industry is a very lucrative industry and everyone today is out to make money. Why else are they in business. You can get cheap insurance, but how would they manage your claim. I have heard horror stories over the years and I would sooner pay a little more to be sure my claim gets dealt with efficiently.

On to the lack of response from CK on this forum.

Tim, as many know got on here some time back with good faith and got into a bit of a situation. This was handled at a senior level at CK and agreed with me that things would be allowed to cool off a bit.

There has been a change now at CK, and as mentioned earlier in this thread a change of username is under way. This came about when a senior member of CK contacted me to request that change of username and I passed it on to the forum admin, who in turn advised the CK staff member how to achieve that.

I am sure there are many more questions about how the VOC should manage its 'preferred' insurance company, and it may be we need to look further afield at other options. But the bottom line is providing a service that is hassle free and up-front, and not some cheaper scruffy service that will be grief from start to finish.

Bob
Bob,
i cannot take issue with the vast majority of what you have stated and as an aside i would like to say a HUGE THANKYOU to yourself and all of the admin team.

That said Chris Knott are simply not coming up with the goods.

I have never had the slightest difficulty in beating their quotes and i hasten to add that i would struggle to accept that Saga, National Farmer Union or Churchill are cheapskates in this industry. Nonetheless all of these three as well as many others bettered CK's flight of fantasy by a £98 margin.

Yes i realise that i am a high risk. I am a Saga Lout, Class 1 Police advanced Driver, Full no claims bonus, never had a claim or conviction in over 40 years of driving, live in a low rated insurance area and drive a ludicrously quick STANDARD S60 D5. Hell on wheels eh ????????????????

Get rid of them, they offer nothing.
I would dearly love to pay my insurance via a Club sceme but not with these money grabbing insolent clowns!

Darryl

2007 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Geartronic
S60D5-185 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to S60D5-185 For This Useful Post: